Jerrod Johnson released.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
No link, but I just got a text from the team saying JJ has been released due to TJ's signing. I was expecting BQ to be released instead. Either way, I bet they go with 2 QB's on the opening 53 man roster.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
No use splitting up the QB reps at training camp four ways anymore. We have our QB of the future.

kidhawk

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":20c41rzh said:
No link, but I just got a text from the team saying JJ has been released due to TJ's signing. I was expecting BQ to be released instead. Either way, I bet they go with 2 QB's on the opening 53 man roster.

Pete made it clear talking to the press the last day of the mini camp that they intended to sign T-Jack to compete with Quinn. This was the only real logical choice for them to drop.

kearly

Reaction score
They dropped the wrong QB, IMO. Oh well. Johnson was pretty likely to not make the roster in the first place.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think it may be possible we see Jerrod Johnson back before the end of the season if he doesn't get snapped up elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Somebody refresh my memory on the #3 QB rule.

They still travel and dress for the games, right?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
That sucks. Liked the kid. His coverage skills need work, but good special teamer and was great at the the delay DB blitz. Oh, JerroD Johnson - who cares?!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I see the fact that Brady Quinn is dating Alicia Sacramone has saved his job yet again. Well done Brady.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
I was wonder how things would turn out for Johnson after seeing Carroll state that T-Jack would being competing with Quinn for QB2. I see Johnson getting picked up.

CANHawk

Reaction score
pnwhawk25":5x71ke16 said:
I was wonder how things would turn out for Johnson after seeing Carroll state that T-Jack would being competing with Quinn for QB2. I see Johnson getting picked up.

By the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

sutz

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3ru503db said:
Somebody refresh my memory on the #3 QB rule.

They still travel and dress for the games, right?
I'll probably blow this, but.....

For starters, yes, they do travel and suit up.

Teams may designate a player as their #3 (Emergency) QB that does not count against the game day active roster of 45 (44?) players.

The #3 QB may not be played until the 4th Qtr. If he is brought in earlier, the #1 and #2 QBs may not re-enter the game, except in injury situations.

There are probably more stipulations, but I think that is the big one.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Oh no! What will the fans who yearly call for the random no nothing fringe qb prospect do?! What in the name of Mike Teel and Josh Portis?!?!?!?!

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeaTown81":isg1q2la said:
Oh no! What will the fans who yearly call for the random no nothing fringe qb prospect do?! What in the name of Mike Teel and Josh Portis?!?!?!?!

WHOA, you leave Portis out of this.

Latest posts