Terrell Owens

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Was on NFLAM this morning and predicted the Seahawks would win the Superbowl.

He also said Richard Sherman couldn't cover him but he was kidding and added that Sherman is one of the top 2 corners in the NFL.

He also chuckled talking about how Browner and Sherman "welcomed" him back to the NFL. As we know they were pretty rough with him.

SDHawk

Reaction score
"Carroll may have taken a pass on that idea, but the old T.O. did rear his head on a couple of occasions in practice. Soon after he arrived, Owens short-armed a pass from Russell Wilson on a slant route, leading to an incompletion. When Wilson went to another target with his next pass, Owens went into full "Give Me the Damn Ball!" mode. And about a week before his release, Owens started barking at a practice official when he thought there was an uncalled pass interference against one of Seattle's aggressive defensive backs. Owens carped for a while, walked away, came back, and let the ref have another earful. Upon his return to the "discussion," Owens was joined by a younger receiver teammate. It was a bad showing all around."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Did that get spun into a big deal? He was kidding when he said it.

I am not a TO fan or hater but he was on the show for about 45 minutes and was pretty cool. Total access just summarized his appearance on the morning show being that "politics" rather than his age being the reason which was such a small portion of his appearance and he was lead into that answer by the host asking the question. It seems unfair given how much stuff he talked about.

JDSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":tm951gmx said:

I am not a TO fan or hater but he was on the show for about 45 minutes and was pretty cool. Total access just summarized his appearance on the morning show being that "politics" rather than his age being the reason which was such a small portion of his appearance and he was lead into that answer by the host asking the question. It seems unfair given how much stuff he talked about.

Believe I heard most of that part on NFL AM where TO talked about his time with the Hawks and going up against Sherman, Browner, etc.

Nichole Zaloumis pretty much baited TO on a question of whether right now, he could take Sherman one-on-one. TO quickly replied, Yes, which obviously got big reaction from the crew and set. I was kind of surprised to hear that too, I must say.

But, also right after that, TO went into further detail talking about his time in Seattle, how impressed he was with the defense and esp Sherman and Browner are pretty much the most talented combo in the league. He was very complimentary after his first statement that Seattle's DBs are top notch.

I think what he was trying to do was to tell the League that yes, he can still play. But his overall message was also huge respect for Seattle and esp the defense.

CANHawk

Reaction score
JDSeahawks":33sud9hh said:
bigtrain21":33sud9hh said:

Believe I heard most of that part on NFL AM where TO talked about his time with the Hawks and going up against Sherman, Browner, etc.

Nichole Zaloumis pretty much baited TO on a question of whether right now, he could take Sherman one-on-one. TO quickly replied, Yes, which obviously got big reaction from the crew and set. I was kind of surprised to hear that too, I must say.

But, also right after that, TO went into further detail talking about his time in Seattle, how impressed he was with the defense and esp Sherman and Browner are pretty much the most talented combo in the league. He was very complimentary after his first statement that Seattle's DBs are top notch.

I think what he was trying to do was to tell the League that yes, he can still play. But his overall message was also huge respect for Seattle and esp the defense.

What the hell did you expect him to say? He's TO! Have you not been paying attention all these years?

TwilightError

Reaction score
JDSeahawks":3fjx248h said:

Well he had no other possible option than to say "Yes". He wants to get back in the league and answering "no" would not really increase his chances.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TwilightError":1ge92pua said:
JDSeahawks":1ge92pua said:

Well he had no other possible option than to say "Yes". He wants to get back in the league and answering "no" would not really increase his chances.

He was making catches off of Sherman in TC, so I'd say it's more than just postering. Browner was the one shutting him down at the LOS. To bad he did so terribly in the preseason games.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My recollection is he looked slow. On the field, he's a shell of his former self.

TO looked worse in preseason than Jerry Rice did when he tried to hang on to his NFL career with the Hawks.

JDSeahawks

Reaction score
CANHawk":1kopjksj said:
JDSeahawks":1kopjksj said:
bigtrain21":1kopjksj said:

What the hell did you expect him to say? He's TO! Have you not been paying attention all these years?

No, it was just the way he said it that caught people. Obviously confidence was something TO never lacked.