Jim Harbaugh tells hawks to "play by the rules"

drdiags

Reaction score
From the old Irvin thread, may as well pick up here:

As our more enlightened fans would say, who cares what the opponents fans, players and coaches have to say about the team's PEDs usage. Just win, right?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/harbaugh-seahawks-ped-issues-we-want-be-above-reproach

"Is it a concern? I've definitely noticed it," said Harbaugh when asked about the Seahawks' problems.

"You don't know what it is. I mean, even when people say what it is, you don't know that's what it is. It's this thrown out or it's that. But that's usually the agents or the players themselves saying, for example, Adderall. The NFL doesn't release what it actually is. You have no idea. You're taking somebody at their word and I'm not sure you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

themunn

Reaction score
what an idiot.
it takes just ONE 49er to get busted to make Harbaugh look like the biggest tool in the box (yet again).

never ever comment on other teams affairs because you never know how bad you'll look in retrospect

TJH

Reaction score
I know we're supposed to defend the Seahawks no matter what here, but is there really anything he said that's wrong though? I am still furious that these players have put the team and us fans in such a crappy spot of having to defend ourselves all the time and have this cloud looming over everything we do.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":2uejm66g said:
what an idiot.
it takes just ONE 49er to get busted to make Harbaugh look like the biggest tool in the box (yet again).

never ever comment on other teams affairs because you never know how bad you'll look in retrospect
Agreed. It will happen also and he looks really stupid in any circumstance trying to look all holier than thou. He really should mind his own house because in the NFL they're all made of glass and one shouldn't throw rocks in that situation. Just a word to the wise.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Didn't Larry Grant of the 49ers get suspended for ped use? I don't think Harbaugh is wrong in what he's saying, but he is also stupid to think his players aren't doing something as well. All the NFL is.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I do not take anything this man says seriously... :shock:

Attachments

• jim-harbaugh.jpg
    jim-harbaugh.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5,366

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hey Seahawks, I'm keeping my eye on you!
46114-jim-harbaugh-deal-with-it-gif-fdut.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
hedgehawk":2fhaqnvy said:
Didn't Larry Grant of the 49ers get suspended for ped use? I don't think Harbaugh is wrong in what he's saying, but he is also stupid to think his players aren't doing something as well. All the NFL is.

Yes he is, but the Bay area paper quickly points out that Grant is no longer with the team, thus they get to overlook that one mis-step. As the PED suspension leader, the Seahawks get to take the front-runner blows.

I am sure there were many who laughed at the Bengals when every other day it seemed like one of their players was going to jail. The Seahawks now get their turn in the barrel.

It is about what I would come to expect as a Seahawks fan. Make it to the Superbowl and one of the biggest farce of a game breaks out. Put out a team that is kicking butt and taking names and a stupid PED scandal breaks out. Underdog run with a chance to go to a Superbowl after beating a heavily favored Dan Marino, take a dump in LA Coliseum against a Raiders team you beat twice in the regular season.

Charlie Brown trying to kick a football. That tricky Lucy pulling it away at the last moment. :thirishdrinkers:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
drdiags":3jvmvoue said:
It is about what I would come to expect as a Seahawks fan. Make it to the Superbowl and one of the biggest farce of a game breaks out. Put out a team that is kicking butt and taking names and a stupid PED scandal breaks out. Underdog run with a chance to go to a Superbowl after beating a heavily favored Dan Marino, take a dump in LA Coliseum against a Raiders team you beat twice in the regular season.

Charlie Brown trying to kick a football. That tricky Lucy pulling it away at the last moment. :thirishdrinkers:

Life of a Seahawks fan eh? Well said.

Maybe its why this whole PED scandal doesn't bother me. Actually enjoying the attention in a weird way.

Tical21

Reaction score
It will happen to the 49ers, Harbaugh won't stand for it, that player will be beyond punished, and the problem will be solved. He is a complete douchebag, but that sumbitch can coach his ass off and knows how to run a clean program.

SE174

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3htdk8d5 said:
Pstark3":3htdk8d5 said:
regarding our PED issues lately:
"It has no place in an athlete's body. Play by the rules,"

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article ... 594327.php

To be fair he didn't tell the "hawks" play by the rules.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 21538.html

Watch that entire interview. I don't have a problem with anything he said.

Regardless, he's a hypocrite because of the Vikings game last year where he was clearly not playing by the rules by trying to (and successfully) getting extra time outs and challenges from the replacement refs. Douche.

TJH

Reaction score
If the roles were reversed and the 9ers were the ones getting all the PED suspensions, this board would be FULL of posts calling them cheaters and we would be all over it. You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Sac

Reaction score
TJH":1tszbawh said:
If the roles were reversed and the 9ers were the ones getting all the PED suspensions, this board would be FULL of posts calling them cheaters and we would be all over it. You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

So?

TJH

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2q2l8tqm said:
TJH":2q2l8tqm said:

So?

So why be indignant about it when our dumbass players put us in this position.

Sac

Reaction score
TJH":1kwf025u said:
SacHawk2.0":1kwf025u said:
TJH":1kwf025u said:

So?

So why be indignant about it when our dumbass players put us in this position.

Because we can?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":z6ectco4 said:
It will happen to the 49ers, Harbaugh won't stand for it, that player will be beyond punished, and the problem will be solved. He is a complete douchebag, but that sumbitch can coach his ass off and knows how to run a clean program.
I don't believe that for a second, so you are saying the minute one of he Smith brothers or one of their stud linebackers get busted he is going to cut their ass? I don't think so. No way no how, the man (harblah) is a hypocrite!

Latest posts