Good read on Harvin

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's so nice to have the national media giving a rip about us. A lot more off-season articles to read. I can't wait for the season to start.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice write up. Thanks for the link! Sounds like another pretty intense guy dedicated to playing good football. Can't have enough of those on the team.

hawker84

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, good read indeed.. question.. i keep reading different articles on him, where one will list him at 185lbs, others like this one Carroll is saying he's 197lbs.. does anybody know what his weight is ? just curious, there's a big differnence between the two reported.

sutz

Reaction score
hawker84":1f9ghmev said:
Thanks for the link, good read indeed.. question.. i keep reading different articles on him, where one will list him at 185lbs, others like this one Carroll is saying he's 197lbs.. does anybody know what his weight is ? just curious, there's a big differnence between the two reported.
:laugh: That's pretty common for all players. Some places list their draft weight, some their camp weight. The truth is, their weight will vary wildly during the season, perhaps as much as 10% or more, just on water retention and dehydration during games.

I take all player weight listings with a large grain of salt.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
Great read on Harvin. I had the pleasure of watching him many Saturdays in the swamp as a Gator and I am looking forward to his impact here in Seattle.

kearly

Reaction score
Earlier this offseason I studied trends in what a "John Schneider" WR might profile as, based on who he has targeted in the draft both in Seattle and under Thompson in Green Bay. I came away from that thinking that Percy Harvin would be the epitome of such a WR. It made all the sense in the world for Seattle to pursue Harvin the profile they have pursued before.

That said, maybe I'm crazy but it felt like Pete was the driving force behind that trade, and I think the reason why is something we haven't talked about much but probably should. The Seahawks are a great team in large part because Pete knows how to identify intense people and relentless competitors. Harvin is one of the most competitive and intense skill position players in the league. That would actually be a potential problem a lot of other places, but here it's a big plus.

formido

Reaction score
kearly":3osqxskd said:
The Seahawks are a great team in large part because Pete knows how to identify intense people and relentless competitors. Harvin is one of the most competitive and intense skill position players in the league. That would actually be a potential problem a lot of other places, but here it's a big plus.

Indeed. Every NFL player wants to win, but you'd have to be blind to not notice that some REALLY want to win. What happens when you load a team up with those people?

Oh, and if they also happen to have insane measureables? Seattle is a team built for overpowering other teams, regardless of those other teams' skill or preparation or coaching. I'm afraid Jeff Fisher is a better in-game decision maker and Harbaugh a better game planner--but Carroll assembles a set of personnel that crashes over them in violent, angry waves, ripping apart their plans and scattering the remains out to sea, to quietly fall beneath the serene, implacable deep blue inevitability of our dominance.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
kearly":2wgr2wps said:

That said, maybe I'm crazy but it felt like Pete was the driving force behind that trade, and I think the reason why is something we haven't talked about much but probably should. The Seahawks are a great team in large part because Pete knows how to identify intense people and relentless competitors. Harvin is one of the most competitive and intense skill position players in the league. That would actually be a potential problem a lot of other places, but here it's a big plus.
Interesting, do you think Steve Smith in his glory years would fit with the PC JS Hawks? What other mismanaged ultra competitors would likely have been targeted by them?
I'll take you answer of the air.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":22yq7qo7 said:
Earlier this offseason I studied trends in what a "John Schneider" WR might profile as, based on who he has targeted in the draft both in Seattle and under Thompson in Green Bay. I came away from that thinking that Percy Harvin would be the epitome of such a WR. It made all the sense in the world for Seattle to pursue Harvin the profile they have pursued before.

Kip, you are crazy...but it doesn't make you wrong. :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
formido":t1vbvaif said:
Seattle is a team built for overpowering other teams, regardless of those other teams' skill or preparation or coaching. I'm afraid Jeff Fisher is a better in-game decision maker and Harbaugh a better game planner--but Carroll assembles a set of personnel that crashes over them in violent, angry waves, ripping apart their plans and scattering the remains out to sea, to quietly fall beneath the serene, implacable deep blue inevitability of our dominance.

That read like poetry. The sweet, blue and green kind. :th2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Steve Smith Are you kidding me? In his "glory days" Steve Smith would fit every team.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":22r3nfjz said:
formido":22r3nfjz said:
Seattle is a team built for overpowering other teams, regardless of those other teams' skill or preparation or coaching. I'm afraid Jeff Fisher is a better in-game decision maker and Harbaugh a better game planner--but Carroll assembles a set of personnel that crashes over them in violent, angry waves, ripping apart their plans and scattering the remains out to sea, to quietly fall beneath the serene, implacable deep blue inevitability of our dominance.

That read like poetry. The sweet, blue and green kind. :th2thumbs:

No doubt....a heckuva description!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":341pt6q4 said:
Steve Smith Are you kidding me? In his "glory days" Steve Smith would fit every team.
my bad, I meant to say just before going psycho (like punching guys like Ken Lucas at practice and stuff.) without implying that about Harvin.

McGruff

Reaction score
sutz":2bw340qn said:
hawker84":2bw340qn said:
:laugh: That's pretty common for all players. Some places list their draft weight, some their camp weight. The truth is, their weight will vary wildly during the season, perhaps as much as 10% or more, just on water retention and dehydration during games.

I take all player weight listings with a large grain of salt.

Doesn't help much with the water retention . . .