Tjack or Quinn (Update: TJack flying in for visit)

davidonmi

Reaction score
I would take Tjack any day and twice on Sunday, if russell goes down Tjack will not lead us to a championship, nor even playoffs.
However Brady Quinn is just plain awful, is there any question, in my opinion no.
Also Tjack is tough, and has the respect of the locker room.
Bring in Tavaris

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
davidonmi":1q8y5bjg said:
I would take Tjack any day and twice on Sunday, if russell goes down Tjack will not lead us to a championship, nor even playoffs.
However Brady Quinn is just plain awful, is there any question, in my opinion no.
Also Tjack is tough, and has the respect of the locker room.
Bring in Tavaris

Betca Quinn knows how to use commas and periods. :ugeek:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
which ever one is willing to watch 8 hours of film a day with Russell.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I prefer both Brady Quinn(@#2) & Jerrod Johnson(@#3) to Tjack(at all lol). I believe we counted quite a coup to get a 7th from Buffalo out of him, and the QB starved Bills just released him for nothing. ‘Nuff said.

Spounge84

Reaction score
kigenzun":3mosyf1w said:
I prefer both Brady Quinn(@#2) & Jerrod Johnson(@#3) to Tjack(at all lol). I believe we counted quite a coup to get a 7th from Buffalo out of him, and the QB starved Bills just released him for nothing. ‘Nuff said.

Quinn over Tjack? Seriously? Go watch film of Quinn playing then come back and try to say that again.

Tjack may not be a world beater and have little upside but he's not absolutely terrible like some will have you believe, and is actually about what I would consider a good fit for RW's backup.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Spounge84":2nx4fncr said:
kigenzun":2nx4fncr said:

Quinn over Tjack? Seriously? Go watch film of Quinn playing then come back and try to say that again.

Tjack may not be a world beater and have little upside but he's not absolutely terrible like some will have you believe, and is actually about what I would consider a good fit for RW's backup.
Show me the film, I want to learn what you know.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I was so looking forward to the off-season on .Net as we finally laid to rest the endless QB debate threads, courtesy of Russell C. Wilson.

Now here we are...uggghh..

In the grand scheme of things, the back-up QB really doesn't matter much. We are a totally different offense without Wilson, regardless if it's Quinn, T Jack or any other yahoo that comes in.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":5oh43tih said:
I wouldn't, tjack stunk here. He had no upside.

Dude, Brady Quinn has been in the NFL 7 years. I hope you are not suggesting he still has upside. Have you read any comments from reporters about how he looks at OTAs? I have not seen one remotely positive thing about his play. He is TERRIBLE. Neither of them have upside, but give me the well respected leader who could at least win a couple of games. I don't think Quinn could do that.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ph1091ln said:
ClumsyLurk":ph1091ln said:
I wouldn't, tjack stunk here. He had no upside.

Dude, Brady Quinn has been in the NFL 7 years. I hope you are not suggesting he still has upside. Have you read any comments from reporters about how he looks at OTAs? I have not seen one remotely positive thing about his play. He is TERRIBLE. Neither of them have upside, but give me the well respected leader who could at least win a couple of games. I don't think Quinn could do that.
I suppose you're right, I can't go back to TSack though, I'd rather give a guy who had to play 3 years in Cleveland a shot.

hawk45

Reaction score
I couldn't stand Tjack or the folks who swore he'd be a starting caliber QB if he only got a million more chances. That he'll never be. But I can see Tjack going .500 in a backup role with our D, beast mode, and our weapons at WR. I don't know if I can see that out of Quinn.

I'll trust JS on this one but if we did bring in Tjack I wouldn't hate it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I always enjoyed the rush of adrenaline that came from the 9 seconds of TJack being confused once his first option became unavailable. TJack was tough and had a strong arm, but I could listen to an audiobook narrated by Stephen Hawking in the time he took to get rid of the ball or pull it down.

If I had to make a choice right now, it would be TJack, but I would rather see how Quinn looks under center of this team before making that choice though.

I think back to Dilfer, who was never really much of a passer, who came in for Hass and actually produced to my surprise. Quinn is still very young and never had the luxury of playing in this offense. He had JC, Bowe and Cleveland.

That said, I have a feeling that TJack is a much better fit, especially as a backup.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3efsn05d said:
In the grand scheme of things, the back-up QB really doesn't matter much. We are a totally different offense without Wilson, regardless if it's Quinn, T Jack or any other yahoo that comes in.

This sums it up. If Flynn would have won the job, I think the Hawks would have still won games, but it would have looked a lot more traditional. Russell changed everything. This is RWs offense and it is being tailored towards his strengths.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3r5zf5sv said:
FlyingGreg":3r5zf5sv said:

This sums it up. If Flynn would have won the job, I think the Hawks would have still won games, but it would have looked a lot more traditional. Russell changed everything. This is RWs offense and it is being tailored towards his strengths.

I agree with this. RW's biggest strength is that he's very cerebral, poised, and exhibits leadership. None of these traits are strengths of TJack. TJack has had an opportunity in Seattle and he was below mediocre. Mistakes of the past should stay that way and not repeated. I hope that JS/PC understand that. TJack may be a great guy but a good football player, he is not.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Right now I like the work ethic that has been reported about Quinn. He is supposedly a film room junkie that is willing to work his ass off and that coincides with what Pete has said they wanted in a back up. Flynn was traded not because he stunk but because he refused to accept the back up role and pitch in with the QB cause.

Beyond that I am not interested in a guy that in a perfect world scenario could go 500. I am pretty sure the way this system is designed and stacked we could ask a pretty bad QB to hand off the ball and take low risk passes but what's the point. Jackson has proven beyond any shadow of any doubt that he will never be better than a 500 QB. He has played in the most stacked systems in the NFL without ever showing any reason to think he will become anything more than a clipboard holder.

Quinn has looked pretty bad in his chances but he has been living in the opposite world of Jackson. He hasn't spent 7 years in the same system with top notch running games and elite defenses. He has been trying to tread water in systems designed for a QB to fail. Do I think he can still become a good QB? Probably not but if he is worse than Jackson, I will settle for the draft pick. No pain no gain.

If Jackson is the best we can do then we are done without Wilson anyway. At least with Quinn we have someone we know will work with Wilson and try and help the team in any way he can. The bonus is Quinn has never been in a system that didn't require the QB to be a complete stud. Even at this stage of his career there is still a possibility he could be brought along slowly and redeveloped. This system is good enough that you could dial him back and only ask him to make low risk throws for a while. Alex Smith was the epitome of this. After 7 years of failure he finally found a coach and system that took the pressure off him and made his job manageable. He actually began to develop and become the QB he was originally thought capable of. Enough so that the Niners were able to garnish two 2nd round draft picks for him.

I truly believe if Jackson were to become the starter in Buffalo, some here would be amazed at how bad a QB he really is. If he couldn't succeed in this system or the Vikings he would be absolute chopped liver in systems that require the QB to carry the team.

I have no idea if Quinn will be any better but I would much rather lose trying tan settle for mediocrity up front.