Carp is better, Walter as nickel/PR & Bowie as starting RT

Spokane

Reaction score
Seahawks | Coach thinks James Carpenter could be ready for camp
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:28:28 -0700

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said he believes OG James Carpenter (knee) could be ready for the start of training camp after undergoing knee surgery over a month ago. Carpenter has been cleared to run but has to get back into game shape when he once he is cleared for practice.

Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Walter Thurmond to compete for nickel back job
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:23:02 -0700

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said CB Walter Thurmond will receive the opportunity to compete with CB Antoine Winfield for the nickel back job during training camp. Carroll said Thurmond will also compete with WR Golden Tate for the punt returner job.

Share: | Source: The Tacoma News Tribune - Eric D. Williams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Michael Bowie working with starters
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:16:00 -0700

Seattle Seahawks OT Michael Bowie has been working at right tackle with the first-team offense during organized team activities because OT Breno Giacomini (knee) is dealing with a knee injury.

Share: | Source: Seahawks.com - Clare Farnsworth

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2VW9LFNYm

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would love to see a Sherman Browner Winfield Thurmond Thomas vs Green Bay 5 wideout matchup. We are just so deep in our secondary. It is a beautiful thing.

dunceface

Reaction score
Spokane is like the esspresso coffee and cigarettes of .net!

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
James Carpenter. Maybe it was the draft day Saban shock when he sat at Engrams table and Carpenter was selected. Maybe its because I think he's an out of shape fat bastard and I laugh when Carroll says "game shape", like Carp even remembers what that means. He looked like he was sweating signing his contract on seahawks.com he was so fat. I don't know, maybe the fact the dude is always hurt and can never achieve game shape? Maybe its because he sucked as a right tackle, as Charles Barkley would say he was TURRIBLE! I also get the impression he doesn't want it. He reminds me of another SEC guy and former Seahawk...Chris Spencer. A guy who was great in college and had all the tools but was too stupid and lazy to utilize his talent. Carp better get it together quick because I'm not so sure the Hawks will pay him 1.5 million next year to hang out at the Golden Corral.

Rant over, done with this fool

dunceface

Reaction score
So I guess u haven't seen him play left guard then?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":b3eau8k1 said:
James Carpenter. Maybe it was the draft day Saban shock when he sat at Engrams table and Carpenter was selected. Maybe its because I think he's an out of shape fat bastard and I laugh when Carroll says "game shape", like Carp even remembers what that means. He looked like he was sweating signing his contract on seahawks.com he was so fat. I don't know, maybe the fact the dude is always hurt and can never achieve game shape? Maybe its because he sucked as a right tackle, as Charles Barkley would say he was TURRIBLE! I also get the impression he doesn't want it. He reminds me of another SEC guy and former Seahawk...Chris Spencer. A guy who was great in college and had all the tools but was too stupid and lazy to utilize his talent. Carp better get it together quick because I'm not so sure the Hawks will pay him 1.5 million next year to hang out at the Golden Corral.

That fool shut down a healthy Justin Smith last year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":1fqenwsd said:

Wow. That post was ignorant. Not you. But the post.

Teqneek

Reaction score
I mean come on give Stonecold a break... That Alabama team was HORRIBLE... and Nick Saban is known for letting his players slack off and be severely lacking. Especially in those national championship games and senior bowls. That team couldnt run for crap over the left side could they ....

My dog eats better looking tuds than that post :p :sarcasm_off:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":czhbgmjc said:

You and Tical have such wonderful attitudes I wonder if you're going to fall over dead in February when we win in New York?

Ruminator

Reaction score
It is not we who need to make personnel decisions. It's John S., Pete C., Paul A., et al. Thank goodness for that. Imagine being quick to let Carp go only to watch him dominate for years on another team.

themunn

Reaction score
Stoned Cold said:
James Carpenter. Maybe it was the draft day Saban shock when he sat at Engrams table and Carpenter was selected. /quote]

...because Saban is a terrific evaluator of NFL level talent right?

Largent80

Reaction score
There is a difference between a player with no talent and one with tough luck injuries.

I am glad they are taking their time with him, and he could be the road grater we need.

It is also good that Bowie is getting some time in there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To a degree, I understand Stone Cold's frustration with Carp.

From my knothole, Carp came into rookie camp overweight and out of shape. By my estimate he came in carrying 25-30 lbs. of excess fat for a 22-y/o offensive lineman. That's on him.

Yes, he got injured and he needed time to recover... twice. That's clearly not on him.

My frustration starts with the fact that he still looks to be overweight. I don't see evidence of a commitment to keeping his body ready to play NFL football. That's it... there, I've had my say.

I'm just disappointed in him thus far.

Atradees

Reaction score
Is that good news?

If Thurmond beats out Winfeild?(injury)

If Bowie starts over GiacoMeanie?(rookie)

If Carpenter suits up? (bust)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Its funny this is top to bottom the most talented team the Seahawks have ever fielded by an indisputable long shot but people still go out of their way to rant and rip a few guys who haven't proven themselves just yet.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Count me as another fan who has little to no confidence in Carpenter ever remaining healthy or being a factor for this team. Like others have stated he just doesn't seem to have a whole lot of drive to stay in shape and I think the injuries continue. Thankfully this team will be fine without him.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":142bnu8b said:
I don't see evidence of a commitment to keeping his body ready to play NFL football. That's it... there, I've had my say.

I'm just disappointed in him thus far.

He's hired the same dietitian/chef that Okung uses, she comes in and cooks for him, and I'm assuming teaching him how to eat correctly for an athlete.

He also posted a picture on Instagram where he's wearing a jacket, says a month ago he couldn't even zip it up.

He strikes me as a guy who's never known how to eat or cook, so he just eats crap. But he has the resources now and he's making an attempt to learn how to eat and train.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":4eqs04bl said:
Stoned Cold":4eqs04bl said:

You and Tical have such wonderful attitudes I wonder if you're going to fall over dead in February when we win in New York?

So you're saying our window is now open?

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2tcsb7qq said:
Its funny this is top to bottom the most talented team the Seahawks have ever fielded by an indisputable long shot but people still go out of their way to rant and rip a few guys who haven't proven themselves just yet.
I don't think it's wrong to criticize the one area a lot of people felt was our major weakness in OLine. RW was running for his life most games.