Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yep. I'm gonna stay on y'all.

Here is the roster of those who have pledgedpromisedthreatened to attend:

Seahawks@Houston Roster

Myself (CONFIRMED)
Dom ("This trip has now officially become official")
MysterMatt (DiEFINITE maybe)
Seatown81(CONFIRMED)
FlyingGreg(CONFIRMEDQualityInn/ReliantPark)
RockHawk (The Boss Is CONFIRMED)
Hawkadeus (c'mon, you phonyass prelag who conned all the mods)
Aros (hot air alert)
HoustonHawk(CONFIRMED. Dude lives there. De Facto "host")
NYCoug+2 (CONFIRMED)
Hasselbeck (IN........but not sure who he wants to sit with...)
Barthawk (CONFIRMED. Hotel Procured:CrownePlaza next2Reliant)
Ludwig's Drummer (CONFIRMED Hotel Crowne Plaza)
rjdriver (CONFIRMED)
pehawk (CONFIRMED)
tooshort
StonedCold
No Chops(CONFIRMED driving from Dallas)
Recon_Hawk(CONFIRMED)
CALIHAWK1+1 (CONFIRMED)
RobBaker7714409
YaktownHawk(BRINGING THE BEEF)
Mandu+1 (CONFIRMED)
As I am in negotiations with a couple sources for game tickets and am researching a couple others, it would be nice to know if I am missing anyone (or any +1s) from the list above.

Also, if you find your handle on the list above and know damn well you are full of hot air and don't really plan to attend when the talons meet the road, (Aros, RockHawk-im looking at you) (RockHawk, im not looking at you anymore. Aros, still looking at you!) please do us all a favor and withdraw your name now.

Second to lastly, have ANY of you from Seattle purchased airfare yet? And, lastly, why not?

Expedia currently quotes me $358 round trip from seattle to houston for that weekend, which seems reasonable to me although I have not paid for an airline ticket in 8 years.

I can't believe how gleefully anticipatory I feel about this forthcoming season.

Go Seahawks!

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Barthawk":2dbd1p8d said:
I have booked my room at the Crowne Plaza right next to Reliant.. nice place.. stayed there in 09 when we got slaughtered..

quick easy walk to the stadium.. not a bad rate either..

Good on ya. Valuable information. Way to set the standard.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
NoChops":33ug30rp said:
yep I'm in. and have room for anyone from the DFW area that wants to ride down.

There you go. If anyone can get cheaper airfare to/from DFW.. NoChops is your man.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm in.

As I said in another thread, I've had two seasons derailed by nuthut and home purchases. I dont forsee either occuring in the 2013, but my fingers are crossed. I did make it to Oakland though in 2010...but it was in my suicide phase.

Yes, I may leave early. But, as long as my streak of either outdrinking or out substancing someone to the point they puke streak is intact, I'll be happy.

(if pehawk tells you to take half, take half, you're not him and WILL puke...he's a professional)

XOXO

John Marshall

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Count me in. I've got an old Army buddy I haven't seen for a couple years who lives in Houston and is a big Texans fan. At least us two will be going to the game. I'm still working on the exact dates I can fly out and return so I haven't booked anything, yet, though.

Edit: I'm planning on going to the St. Louis game, too, fwiw.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^Kaboom! The more military the better. As I age, I appreciate y'all in a different way. Not what you were willing to sacrifice-that just doesn't cut it for me-as we live we all make extreme sacrifices by our daily choices, and they are generally self-serving calculations.. But by what you have experienced. THAT fascinates me.

On a sidenote, I hope that this is the year that my very best friend for most of my teen years accompanies me to a Seahawks game in Seattle. He is a Naval Academy graduate. Former CO of a renowned battalion of Marines. Current Marine Corps Colonel.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping this texans game was to going to be played in Seattle so my friend could experience the best NFL atmosphere in the league, but what are you gonna do. Houston it is!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm in.. just not sure if I'm going with a friend of mine who has Texans season tix .. or somehow else.

Largent80

Reaction score
Man, I wish I could go but, I am taking my road trip to Seattle for the home opener.

I hope at least some of you will be around to clink a pint with.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I have to think about it. The company will be exquisite, but I hate Houston and you'd all have to listen to me bitch about how much better Toronto is. And is there at least a Westin or Hilton near the stadium? Quality Inns make me break out in hives. I'm allergic to peasants.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Largent80":20fcg69e said:
Man, I wish I could go but, I am taking my road trip to Seattle for the home opener.

I hope at least some of you will be around to clink a pint with.

Different thread, but I will be there as will many others.

Latest posts