Matchups in Training Camp

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Matchups in Training Camp
Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
  • I am so stoked to see some of our new toys duke it out in training camp. I want to get a feel for which matchups Hawks fans are most excited to witness this summer.

The most intriguing matchup, to me, would be to see Harvin line up outside against Sherman. I can't remember if that ever happened in the Vikings vs Hawks game, so it will be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Others:
    Baldwin vs Winfield
    Avril vs Okung
    J. Williams vs Sweezy/McQuistan/Unger
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Re: Matchups in Training Camp
Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 pm
  • I think the matchup that the seahawks will benefit the most from is P.Harvin vs all the DB's. Every DB that gets to practice against Harvin's speed is not going to see anything much faster anywhere else in the league. The same goes for Harvin you will not find a better secondary to practice against so it benefits both sides of the ball.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 10:54 pm
  • I expect to see competition at :

2nd TE - vacant right now , Willson and McGrath both possibilities or ?
    2nd QB - Johnson or Quinn?
    Corner - I think with Browner becoming a free agent at the end of the season we may see some Challenges. Possibilities to take over : Lane, Walter Thurmond III or ?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue May 28, 2013 1:31 am
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:The most intriguing matchup, to me, would be to see Harvin line up outside against Sherman. I can't remember if that ever happened in the Vikings vs Hawks game, so it will be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Yep, we sure did get to see it.....with Sherman having a little success apparently.

Sherman knocks the ball loose vs. Harvin 11/04/2012
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:The most intriguing matchup, to me, would be to see Harvin line up outside against Sherman. I can't remember if that ever happened in the Vikings vs Hawks game, so it will be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Yep, we sure did get to see it.....with Sherman having a little success apparently.

Sherman knocks the ball loose vs. Harvin 11/04/2012

Oh I totally remember that collision. I think was lined up against Jerome Simpson on that play when he had to shed him to get to Harvin though. I want to see those two face-to-face at the LOS.

Maybe even a Browner vs Harvin matchup just to see all the physicality.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am
  • I'm usually most excited during TC to see the rookies going head to head against some of the vets, but with the new veteran additions we've added it makes for some great competition.

A few matchups I'm looking at:

Chris Harper vs Browner - a 230lb receiver going against the biggest corner in the league. If Harper can matchup well against BB than the rest if the league should be a lot easier.

Luke Willson vs Kam - I think it'll be good for both players to go against each other. Willson can work on playing against physical safeties and Kam can work on speedy tight ends.

Harvin vs WT3 - I still have faith Thurmond can be a solid slot DB. Playing well against a great slot receiver like Harvin could help prove that.

Jordan Hill/Jesse Williams vs Moffitt/Sweezy - May the best rise to the top and prove themselves as the starter at their position.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information