Booking a hotel in Seattle

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I am in the process of organizing a 1st time trip to Seattle for the home opener vs the niners, and i am using Hotwire to book a hotel. You can save alot of money by using the secret hotel feature, but the problem is that you don't know what hotel you are booking. Long story short, I won't have a car while in Seattle, so what area should i book for to be close to the CLINK but also be central to fun things to do in the city. Listed areas include: Downtown Pike Place, Space Needle Area, Lake Union South, Downtown Bellevue, Redmond Kirkland, Renton or Tacoma.

Thanks in advance for any help

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Hey,

Me I booked my trip via Expedia. My deal is the plane (from Quebec (Canada) to Seattle) + 3 nights (Friday to Monday night, leaving on Tuesday) for around $648. My room has two queen sizes bed. Also, my hotel is the Sheraton and it likes 20 min by walk from the stadium if I'm right.

Go look for Expedia, I think they have some good price. Hey if a student liked me can afford it, who can't? :p

grizbob

Reaction score
Last year I booked a room at the Moore Hotel, it's down town 1 block from Pike's Market and walking distance to the stadium. It was only $90 a night and they have their own web sight (you'd have to google it as don't remember the url) to book your room.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Book for downtown/pike. Everything is within walking or a quick taxi ride. Have a great time!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
arghawkfan":1a5tybgh said:
I am in the process of organizing a 1st time trip to Seattle for the home opener vs the niners, and i am using Hotwire to book a hotel. You can save alot of money by using the secret hotel feature, but the problem is that you don't know what hotel you are booking. Long story short, I won't have a car while in Seattle, so what area should i book for to be close to the CLINK but also be central to fun things to do in the city. Listed areas include: Downtown Pike Place, Space Needle Area, Lake Union South, Downtown Bellevue, Redmond Kirkland, Renton or Tacoma.

Certainly not Downtown Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton, or Tacoma! Pike Place maybe, or around Pioneer Square (which wasn't on your list). Busses actually work in Seattle (unlike the rest of Western Washington...) and there's a bus tunnel that runs right through the city with a light rail line in it. Pike Place is close to one of the bus tunnel stops, and the stadium is right near the south end of the tunnel at the International District (formerly Chinatown) stop.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Sheraton is good, Hyatt 8 is also a great place we have stayed (more expensive though). I would drop Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton and Tacoma off of your list since they are several miles outside of the Seattle downtown area unless you end up getting a car. Pike Place Market and the waterfront would be fun plus there are some good restaurants around downtown.
If you have tickets for that game, you will have a great time...Century Link (team and the 12th man) should be pretty loud and fired up for this one. If you are a Hawk fan, this is what you want to see. Welcome to Seattle

bryantology79

Reaction score
stayed at hotel five in belltown last nov. its right next to a top pot and about a 10 min walk to the sound transit (stop is at westlake center) which you can take to/from the airport. the transit also stops at the clink. if you dont mind walking, the hotel is also near the space needle and pike place market.

Riley12

Reaction score
Timmahawk":3udpf3gu said:
Book for downtown/pike. Everything is within walking or a quick taxi ride. Have a great time!

and within the Metro Free Ride zone

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
There is a tram of some sorts that runs from SeaTac to downtown. I heard it costs about 5 bux. Once downtown take a $10 cab ride to your hotel. You will save about $50 bux doing it that way instead of taking a cab from the airport to your hotel. Stay in any hotel that is in the downtown district within your budget. The Space Needle is a mile or 2 North of downtown. Pike Place Market is downtown near the water. The stadium is a mile or 2 South of downtown.
There are lots of things to see all within relatively close distance.
Take a ride from the downtown ferry to Bremerton and back. Beautiful, especially if the sun is out.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Riley12":3vgcq2ki said:
Timmahawk":3vgcq2ki said:

and within the Metro Free Ride zone

Free ride zone ended in sept. now you have to pay as you board.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
GeekHawk":22rrh5xb said:
arghawkfan":22rrh5xb said:

Certainly not Downtown Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton, or Tacoma!

What he said. Those places are not in Seattle.

If you are going with the options you listed, the closest to the stadium is Downtown Pike Place, then Space Needle, then Lake Union. I would go with Downtown if it's not too much more expensive. Otherwise the other places work just fine. You'll just be walking longer and won't have as much nearby.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Is the Silver Cloud right across from the stadium still around? I'm sure it would be expensive but the stadium is right outside the lobby.

Latest posts