Authentic jersey question

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Looking for some info about authentic jersey color schemes.

I just got a home, blue jersey, authentic, from the NFL pro shop and the numbers and letters they added for my custom name & number are a shade of violet/lavender/purple looking.

I have looked everywhere I could and I could not find any color like this on any jersey.

So my question is this, to someone has one of the new NIKE authentic jersey's, what color are the name and numbers that they added to you custom jersey?

I have already talked to the NFL Pro shop and if it's wrong they want to make it right, but I want to be sure what I have is wrong or not before I go through the headache of getting the jersey replaced.

DSCN1634 zps74a74a0a

DSCN1632 zps04360697

GO HAWKS!!!

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Not sure, but that doesn't look right... It's definitely not the same shade of number/letters as the Game/Limited jerseys. Can't speak for a Custom authentic, but I'd be interested as well, because I'm close to ordering one myself...

NCHawksfan

Reaction score
Same story here...just got my authentic personalized elite yesterday and it was not so elite....there is big difference in the color of the numbers as noted between it and the basic Nike home jerseys from last year. I hope to be up close and personal to other jerseys soon to verify this is right. ....

dracolich81

Reaction score
Sorry man but its not right. I bought a custom elite RW jersey back in December and I was PO'd when I got it because it didn't look right. I got 100% confirmation from the store manager at Just Sports in Northgate Mall as well. Here's what was up with mine, which from your pictures, is totally identical:

-"Fake" stitch print on the numbers
-Single stitched numbers
- cheap Nike logos on the arms (almost like they are glued on)
-the numbers feel like cheap plastic and the are advertised as tweed when they clearly are not.
- one thing that happened to mine was the 12th man logos around the collar started to break and peel (My $100 jersey hasn't done this) and the stitching started to come apart.

The only thing about this jersey that felt "Elite" was the jersey fabric. For 299, this is totally unacceptable! I called NFLShop and freaked on them. Needless to say, I sent my jersey back to them, they inspected it, and determined that their were mistakes made and they would refund me fully and send my jersey to manufacturing to use as an example of how not to make them. They obviously haven't done this
I really suggest doing the same thing. The NFL and Nike cant be selling crap and calling it "on field" apparel. Below is a blog that another fan wrote back around the time I got mine.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/15a7oq/if_youve_purchased_an_elite_51_jersey_from/

BTW, after I got my refund, I bought a $100 RW jersey, and a brand new full size BBQ and smoker.....for the price of the "Elite" jersey :)
If you have any questions I will be glad to help out. I did a TON of research when this happened to me. Let me know

gspin2k1

Reaction score
There is definitely a difference between my two elites, one pre-made Nike Lynch the other custom from pro shop. The Nike one is more metallic and doesnt feel like "premium twill", the proshop one is less reflective, thicker/wider numbers, and is more of a twill.

However, neither of the two above had that purple-ish tint to it.

Please let me know what NFL shop tells you. I was/am interested in getting a custom away jersey but if its going to turn out like that maybe not.

jp25591

Reaction score
So if im going to get a custom elite im best getting it from the seahawks pro shop? or do they have the same problem.

Thanks

OP
OP
12HawkFan

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone, please keep them coming if you have more to add to this thread about your experiences.

GO HAWKS!!!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
jp25591":32g7bg4r said:
So if im going to get a custom elite im best getting it from the seahawks pro shop? or do they have the same problem.

Thanks

I can't speak for the custom blue Elites at the Pro Shop, but I ordered a custom grey Elite from the Pro Shop last month and unfortunately wound up with some of the same problems: the numbers are single-stitched, and the material used for the numbers is cheaper and shinier, which makes the blue look brighter (and I already have a bit of a crease in one of the numbers.) Here's a couple of pics comparing the custom Elite I just bought to a pre-made Elite Thomas jersey I bought last year:

Numberdifference zpsa889d0fe

Stitchingdifference zps376e41ff

I talked to somebody at the Pro Shop who was very helpful and informative, and offered to let me bring it back for a full refund. I decided to keep this one because I really wanted a custom Elite, but I will not be buying another one until I know for sure that I'll be getting one with the premium numbers.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks Pro Shop. It seems to be an issue with all of the customized Elites no matter where you get them.

jhawk91

Reaction score
So are the elites really worth buying over a limited? I'm considering getting an elite but I'm not totally sold on it considering how good the limiteds are

dracolich81

Reaction score
Because of my experiences, I will never buy another Nike jersey online or without seeing it first. So therefore, no customized jerseys for me :)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm confused due to the naming conventions of the new jerseys. If I want a jersey that isn't goofed up, which model would I get? My wife said I can get one because my 40th birthday is coming up in about 2 months.... so I may go for a jersey. I haven't had one since I got a Cortez authentic in about 1993.

dracolich81

Reaction score
I would say the limited are the best for the money. To avoid getting one with issues, I would suggest only getting a pre made jersey from the Seahawks pro shop online or store, or from any retailer (that way you can see it).
The elites are cool looking, but in my opinion not as comfortable to wear

jhawk91

Reaction score
dracolich81":1vbb7b6b said:
I would say the limited are the best for the money. To avoid getting one with issues, I would suggest only getting a pre made jersey from the Seahawks pro shop online or store, or from any retailer (that way you can see it).
The elites are cool looking, but in my opinion not as comfortable to wear

Ok, thanks. That's kind of what I thought since I got a limited Lynch a while back and it's really good quality. The stitching is really nice compared to reebok which always seemed to have loose strings

NYCoug

Reaction score
Damn. That's a terrible job by Nike. Unreal.

Ya know, this seriously makes me think about going the "expensive bootleg" route. It's a ton cheaper, both aren't the real deal anyway, so why pay so much? Plus, for all the people saying that they don't want to support bootleg jersey companies in China with questionable work environments, I doubt Nike is any different. Either way, someone in a third world country who is overworked and underpaid is going to be making your Seahawks digs. At this point, with all of these errors from Nike, I think I'm goin bootleg!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I went the knock-off route. Yeah I know it's faulty and inaccurate but at least it was cheap! Eff Nike.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3qpbo772 said:
This is why I went the knock-off route. Yeah I know it's faulty and inaccurate but at least it was cheap! Eff Nike.

We have a winner. My thoughts exactly, Zeb. Testify my brotha!