RW after week 1 last season

Crizilla

Reaction score
i cant remember but was anyone flipping out and screaming for Flynn to start? Did you think it was the right decision to start RW? Obviously it was, but I don't really remember the reaction. Also does anyone have ALL RW's highlights of the game?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Let me put it this way, if we had started Flynn, he could've done well but we wouldn't see the magic that was in Wilson. I really liked what I saw from Wilson in that game. He led a great 4th quarter drive that didn't end so well.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Crizilla":1wb7dfe5 said:
i cant remember but was anyone flipping out and screaming for Flynn to start? Did you think it was the right decision to start RW? Obviously it was, but I don't really remember the reaction. Also does anyone have ALL RW's highlights of the game?

A lot were calling for Flynn, but I was pretty content with his final drive that game to the goal line, its not his fault Edwards and Baldwin couldn't hang on to the ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If we had got just 1 of 2 ather than 0 of those possible end zone catches RW would have been a winner in his 1st real NFL game. Both were possible plays were the ball was well placed. I was impressed with his ability to stand up to a well designed blitz package

To me I was nervous about his early seeming quickness to bail from the pocket, but he seemed to get stronger each series as he gained confidence.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Crizilla":2v1546ld said:
i cant remember but was anyone flipping out and screaming for Flynn to start?

What idiot would do that?

:mrgreen:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":286mqxw5 said:
Crizilla":286mqxw5 said:

A lot were calling for Flynn, but I was pretty content with his final drive that game to the goal line, its not his fault Edwards and Baldwin couldn't hang on to the ball.

Didn't we have something like 7 downs to make that score? Gah. Seeing Dougie flub that catch in the end zone on 4th down still haunts me to this day.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Crizilla":s3eysa0h said:

They were even through the Dolphins game. Most those people now have amnesia though. :lol:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2so4onka said:
Let me put it this way, if we had started Flynn, he could've done well but we wouldn't see the magic that was in Wilson. I really liked what I saw from Wilson in that game. He led a great 4th quarter drive that didn't end so well.

Flynn is not a good QB. People will get a chance to see that this year.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":slefgkga said:
Throwdown":slefgkga said:
Crizilla":slefgkga said:

Didn't we have something like 7 downs to make that score? Gah. Seeing Dougie flub that catch in the end zone on 4th down still haunts me to this day.
Wasn't the 4th down incompletion to Braylon Edwards? Last play of the game, right?

pehawk

Reaction score
There were ALOT of people questioning Wilson for the first 8 games. And, IMO, it weeded out the stat geeks, from those who truly understood the game.

Anyone who knows the game could, just tell, Wilson had that Eli, Montana, Brady, 2012 Flacco, whatever you want to call it intangible. Because it was an abstract, the stat geeks couldn't quantify it, so reverted to all they know how to do, let the stats dictate their opinion.

It was obvious to quite a few that Eli would most likely end up with just as many, or even more, rings than his brother. That made zero sense to people without just a "tao" understanding of the game. Same with Wilson.

I mean this with no offense, but if you we're unable to see the forest past the trees with Wilson, you showed all of us, you're kind of a hack.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2qvsj6ue said:
Recon_Hawk":2qvsj6ue said:
Wasn't the 4th down incompletion to Braylon Edwards? Last play of the game, right?

That is correct. Right through his hands.

DB lost a couple of teef in that series too.
That's right! It was that play he tried a full out superman catch, but couldn't come down with it and landed right on his face. It was excellent effort just too tough of a catch.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wanted Flynn to start that game, but by the time the game ended, I was sold on Wilson. In his first game, in a very hostile environment, with a Cards team licking their chops to get after a first timer, Wilson adapted quickly. He had the team in a position to win on the road and the team let him down.

I think if that game were played in week 12 with the same lineup in AZ, that he would have killed them. I think if Flynn started that game, that the Hawks would have won, I even think the Hawks would be 10-6, maybe 9-7, but PC was able to give Wilson the learning experience while going 500.

Once Wilson was given the green light with the offense, he tore it up, in fact he made it look easy.

This guy is special, it was evident as soon as he was given the chance. Holding him back was the safe move IMHO. Flynn would have won games as the starter, but Wilson is next-level and is just starting.

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":w1oppmgr said:
There were ALOT of people questioning Wilson for the first 8 games. And, IMO, it weeded out the stat geeks, from those who truly understood the game.

Anyone who knows the game could, just tell, Wilson had that Eli, Montana, Brady, 2012 Flacco, whatever you want to call it intangible. Because it was an abstract, the stat geeks couldn't quantify it, so reverted to all they know how to do, let the stats dictate their opinion.

It was obvious to quite a few that Eli would most likely end up with just as many, or even more, rings than his brother. That made zero sense to people without just a "tao" understanding of the game. Same with Wilson.

I mean this with no offense, but if you we're unable to see the forest past the trees with Wilson, you showed all of us, you're kind of a hack.

This is a load of crap. Stats are the IT factor. And hindsight is the only thing that ever quantifies a quarterback. Eli has the IT factor because he won 2 superbowls. If that never happened, Eli would be in the same sentences as Philip Rivers. Everyone can see potential in anyone that makes it into the NFL. And when that person does was he is suppose to, and wins, its easy to say, "Its obvious he had the IT factor".

I can tell you who else had the IT factor when they entered in the NFL. Jarmacus Russel, Aaron Currey, Ryan Leaf... ect. We can all site reasons, in hindsight of their careers, for why they didnt have the IT factor. But they had IT when they were in apparently. The IT factor, has and always will be, nothing but hindsight praise.

Now all that being said. I think Wilson has the IT factor.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Cartire":2rlfe8hh said:
I can tell you who else had the IT factor when they entered in the NFL. Jarmacus Russel, Aaron Currey, Ryan Leaf... ect. We can all site reasons, in hindsight of their careers, for why they didnt have the IT factor. But they had IT when they were in apparently. The IT factor, has and always will be, nothing but hindsight praise.

The IT factor is exactly what those guys didn't have.

Cartire

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1jdyzqcj said:
Cartire":1jdyzqcj said:

The IT factor is exactly what those guys didn't have.

Of course not, cause in hindsight, we can say that. But this is my point. Had they succeeded, you would all continue to say they have it. But they didnt, so we now change this to the obvious answer of, no IT factor.

The stats are what quantify the IT factor. So its a load of crap when people say they know football better then stat geeks, because they can see the IT factor.

themunn

Reaction score
where's the classic quote from whomever who said Wilson was the worst Seahawks QB he'd ever seen and he'd been around to see them all again?
someone dig it out for me

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, I disagree. I can't expand too much, but, people that rely too much on concrete stats, spirals, arm-strength, measurables are USUALLY right. But, when they're wrong, they're REALLY wrong.

There's no stat that captures the "it" dudes like Ray Lewis, Wilson, Brady, Eli, Montana, etc had. None.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":eyj03h45 said:
dumbrabbit":eyj03h45 said:

Flynn is not a good QB. People will get a chance to see that this year.

I really hate these kind of premature statements. Flynn is a solid WCO style QB and he is also a winner. In every chance he's gotten to play and show his skills from High School to the NFL he has put his team in position to win a game even winning a national championship. Flynn is still in the NFL, can't say that about JaMarcus Russell can you.

I'm not a big Flynn supporter so don't mark me as so (I didn't care who the QB was last year, I just wanted to win games) but I hope Flynn does well, and I hope he succeeds.