Over/Under on Willson getting 18 receptions this year?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Will Willson have more than 18 receptions this year?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 85

• Wondering what others think.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Over, by a lot.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• i'm going under - he'll be at best the 5th receiver in a run heavy offense.
    that mean's hell only be on the field for a limited number of snaps.

if he gets 18 i'd consider that a fantastic return, even considering wilson's penchant for spreading the ball around

oh wait, willson is our new TE, i keep getting him confused with harper
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Doubt it. Possible but not likely. 24% chance.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I bet he gets around 20-25
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• Taking the under, for now.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• 0%. Wilson is a QB, duh.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• How is a blood stained volleyball going to catch passes?
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I'm going with No.
    dbmack
    NET Starter

• I'm going with over.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• He could as many as he wanted to. But we have good enough receivers that I've gotta think he would look kind of silly only throwing the ball to himself.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• 20 receptions, 4 TDS. 1 from RW, 1 from Chris Harper, 1 from Sidney Rice, and 1 from Golden Tate. Actually nevermind, Tate's toss will get picked
    Diehard lifetime Hawks fan and CFL hater. Jacked beyond belief for the Russ Wilson era !!
    12thManNorth
    NET Rookie

• I'll say over 30. He will be the least covered.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I'll go with over for the simple fact that McCoy will be out for at least the first half of the season.

He's more athletic than McCoy so he'll get more separation. I can see 20 rec. and 3 TD's likely.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:He could as many as he wanted to. But we have good enough receivers that I've gotta think he would look kind of silly only throwing the ball to himself.

Doh! You beat me to it. First names are overrated anyhow.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Darren Fells will have at least 30 grabs...book it!!!11!!11!!11!!11
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I think he'll get more than 18 for a few reasons. Some will argue that the passing attempts will be limited next year and that there won't be alot to go around. The Seahawks averaged 25 attempts in 2012, but that's not counting the passing attempts that turned into running opportunities. To be safe let's say 50% of Russell Wlson's rushing attempts were designed passes that he decided to tuck it and run. That puts you at 28 actual attempts per game. Assuming Sherman is correct and RW is much faster in getting through his reads and making decisions, I see no reason why he can't attempt 30-32 passes a game. If he's averaging 32 a game, and if he keeps his completion % around 62% (he was at 64% last year) that would mean you'd have 20 completions a game. It's not inconceivable that he could get 1-2 receptions on average per game.

I thing they'll be creative and design ways to get Willson the ball especially near the redzone where he can use his size to make plays. I'm also excited to see what kind of impact Harper will have, again as a redzone target to go up and get the ball I think both of these guys could be dynamic offering size that we don't really have at WR aside from Rice.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• I voted over. I don't know why, I could be wrong. :229031_shrug:

Save a place at the table for us Big Willie.
    Kansashawkfan
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• How many total receptions did Seattle's #3 TEs have last season? How much do #3 TEs typically get on most teams? I don't know the answers to those questions, but considering that Evan Moore was our #3 TE last year for nearly the entire season and had just one catch for six yards, I'm thinking 18 catches might be tough for a #3 TE to get, especially as a rookie on an extreme "spread the football" offense.

Edit: Just saw the McCoy news. Willson won't be a #3 next season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Over
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• We've had only one OTA and we are already speculating how many catches one of our Draftees will be making? Can we, at least, wait until the end of Training Camp to make this judgment?

Of course, we'd have nothing to talk about if we followed those guidelines.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Over 18 easily, especially in the wake of McCoy blowing out an Achilles. I see him as a quality #2 at this point, more of a receiver than a blocker, and he'll get around 25 rec for 400 with 3 TDs, unless Miller goes down as well. If Millier and McCoy are both down somehow, I would estimate Willson at approximately 35+ grabs, for 500, and at least 5TDs.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• He would have to beat out Mcgrath to have a chance of getting near 18.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I think the Seahawks will use Willson a lot as a deep threat. Sending Willson out on post, flag or fly patterns at least several times a game, he'll probably be guarded by a LB or Safety, both of which Willson may have a significant speed advantage over. IMO, Willson ought to be good for a 2 catch per game average which would put him at a 32 catch minimum. Willson YPC should be well into the teens and total 500 yards or more for the coming season.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Even Cameron Morrah - Willson before Willson only caught 6- or 8 passes a year.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:I think the Seahawks will use Willson a lot as a deep threat. Sending Willson out on post, flag or fly patterns at least several times a game, he'll probably be guarded by a LB or Safety, both of which Willson may have a significant speed advantage over. IMO, Willson ought to be good for a 2 catch per game average which would put him at a 32 catch minimum. Willson YPC should be well into the teens and total 500 yards or more for the coming season.

I was thinking the same thing in that Willson's speed is something we have not had before and could be mis- match city. I can see Bevell designing something for him that would add a dimension to the offense. Now this is based on him making the team.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Not enough offensive plays. 60 to 70 plays a game, the running game is going to eat up 25 to 30 of those. Rice, Harvin, Tate, Miller, Baldwin, sacks, incompletions, catches from RB and FBs and 5th and 6th string WRs will eat up most of the passing snaps. With Harvin in the mix this team will use the two TE package drastically less then in past years. Wilson will get less then 18 catches. Just not enough balls to go around.
    warden
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information