Seahawks picked as next dynasty

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks picked as next dynasty
Wed May 22, 2013 7:19 am
  • Source: http://goo.gl/Bc0sS

Let's not bash this thread with "Bleacher Report Sucks" - I agree that most writers there are pretty bad. This guy is a good writer.... complete article examining dynasties and NFL history. He concludes with the next predicted dynasty to be the Seattle Seahawks. The debate comes down the the 49ers vs. the Seahawks - we prevail based on the youth of our team... Anyway, I know most of the regulars here don't care for BR - but any good press should be brought to our members attention!
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Re: Seahawks picked as next dynasty
Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 am
  • That's a really well-written article. It helps that he picks us to be the next dynasty, of course, but there's a lot of interesting info there.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed May 22, 2013 8:04 am
  • Since the writer picks the Seahawks, the article doesn't suck.

If he would have picked the Whiners, it would have sucked.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Since the writer picks the Seahawks, the article doesn't suck.

:13:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Since the writer picks the Seahawks, the article doesn't suck.

That writer, Scott Kacsmar, was on our bandwagon last season on pieces he wrote for Cold, Hard Football Facts (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/).

It's not a bad site (it tends to deliver some pretty good articles, actually), but it certainly doesn't have the exposure that BR does. I'm not surprised that Kacsmar is trying to get his work out through larger channels.

While I still agree that BR sucks, not all of its writers do.

EDIT: Oh, and some here may remember Kacsmar as the guy who wrote a highly detailed article about why our final play against Green Bay was indeed a TD.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 am
  • If the so called experts trashes your team don't believe them, if they say something good about your team don't believe them. I read articles to find out the facts not opinions. This is an opinion piece. Tomorrow this guy could wake up on the wrong side of the bed and have a completely different view on the Hawks. The facts are the real world. And the facts are we haven't won anything yet under JS/PC except for a few playoff games. Calling us the next dynasty under these circumstances is just way premature. Don't get me wrong the Hawks are relevant and are contenders. I have complete faith that JS/PC will get us to the Super Bowl but dynasty? There are no warm fuzzies in football!
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed May 22, 2013 9:35 am
  • I like "captain comeback" as a writer. Pretty sharp dude. He's good to follow on Twitter too. I always have to do a quick check of BR stories to make sure he didn't write it before I slam it as the crap yellow journalism typically produced by BR.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed May 22, 2013 9:44 am
  • "There's no way they'll be the next dynasty with all the PED suspensions."

There are some really stupid people on those boards... Last time i checked we only have one player that has to serve a suspension next season..

Lynch may, but from what Clayton said on the radio yesterday, even if he does, it will more than likely be a one game suspension, which means he'll miss the Carolina game and be back for SF...

Some peoples hope we fail so bad it really brings out the stupid in people....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 am
  • Yea, I really like this guy, he's a good writer and seems very knowledgable. Thanks for the twitter tip canhawk.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm
  • I concur, Kaz. And I can't wait til my sig goes from prediction to fact! :)
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm
  • I've seen a few first class writers at BR over the last year or so. Not enough of them to make me a daily reader, but enough that when I see a great article there it doesn't blow my mind anymore.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm
  • I've noticed the same trend, Kearly. They are steadily improving. Given another year, we might even respect them as a site.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed May 22, 2013 3:23 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Since the writer picks the Seahawks, the article doesn't suck.

That writer, Scott Kacsmar, was on our bandwagon last season on pieces he wrote for Cold, Hard Football Facts (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/).

It's not a bad site (it tends to deliver some pretty good articles, actually), but it certainly doesn't have the exposure that BR does. I'm not surprised that Kacsmar is trying to get his work out through larger channels.

While I still agree that BR sucks, not all of its writers do.

EDIT: Oh, and some here may remember Kacsmar as the guy who wrote a highly detailed article about why our final play against Green Bay was indeed a TD.

I added coldhardfootballfact.com to my Seahawk's favorite list some time ago.
    But, thanks for the reminder.

Seattle, New England and Atlanta were the smartest teams in football in 2012. All three were well-coached teams that went deep into the playoffs.

Chip Kelly can make the jump from college to pros, install his exciting new offense and turn either Michael Vick, Matt Barkley, Nick Foles or Dennis Dixon into an elite NFL quarterback.

But he won't hand frustrated Eagles fans their long-awaited first Super Bowl victory if he fails to re-educate the dumbest team in the NFL.

Has anyone read this article over there about the job confronting Chip Kelly ....................... as he endeavors to fix the "NFL's Dumbest Team"? Interesting perspective >>> http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... les/22803/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Truer words, never spoken. ;)

I like our chances. Everything is in place for a run. We need a leader to take control of our youthful defenders (offenders) and we need to stay healthy. Our problems are miniscule compared to most.

If you look at the great runs of the Steelers, 49ers, and Pats, they started out much like us. Then they found Bradshaw, Montana and Brady. We have one of those guys now. I would compare us more to the 49er dynasty than any other. That was probably the most balanced team of the dynasties (along with the Aikman led Cowboys). Like that Niner era, we are dangerous at every level and on both sides of the ball. There's some great teams out there, but I sincerely believe we are the best.

I've waited a damn long time to say that with such confidence / conviction. Go Hawks!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Itching ears love to hear.

I would seriously nominate this writer for the peabody. He's just that damn good.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm
  • Fear our paper dynasty!
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 am
  • I don't think there will ever be another "dynasty" team like the Niners or Steelers. If you think about, the SF team and system that Walsh put together would be impossible to replicate with the way FA and salaries factor in.

The Niners run spanned 81-94. No, they didn't win it all every year, but they enjoyed sustained success and were in the hunt nearly every one of those seasons. They managed to have two, franchise level QB's during that time and had them surrounded by extreme talented players. Throw in the best WR to ever play the game and we know the results.

I liken the Hawks to the Cowboys, in that when JJ took over, he cleaned house, similar to Carroll, then built the team by being solid at every position while having a star QB, running back and WR. It brought them success at basically the same rate as Seattle. Suffer a couple losing seasons, make some noise in the playoffs and then get to the Super Bowl a few times.

Funny.. The real challenge back then was the NFC. The Niners, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins and even the Eagles were the nasty teams, winning the NFCC meant winning the Super Bowl.

84-97 belonged to the NFC... That is just crazy.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am
  • Could we at least win the division before we start with the dynasty talk?
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Could we at least win the division before we start with the dynasty talk?

No. This is clearly a daydreaming thread. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Could we at least win the division before we start with the dynasty talk?

No. This is clearly a daydreaming thread. :)

Ok fine. 8)

I do think Loaf has the right of it though.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 pm
  • I also agree with Loaf - mostly. I think it's harder to do nowadays, but that you can still do it. The key ingredient is you need to have a really great QB, (check) and a GM that can consistently draft starters outside of the first two rounds. (Check.) If you can keep up a long-term influx of talent via the draft to the point where you won't run into major salary cap problems by drafting better in the middle and later rounds better than everybody else, we could definitely have a dynasty.

I can't wait to find out.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri May 24, 2013 12:24 pm
  • Well New England and Green Bay seem to do fairly well, especially New England so it may just be possible.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Green Bay has not hit the "dynasty" point in the last couple of decades. (Unless you're just referring to their method of drafting; but they seem to be slipping in that area, maybe Schneider was more important to them than anybody thought.) The Patriots did, though. I'd say 3 rings within 10 years is the minimum required to reach "dynasty" status, in my opinion.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 pm
  • A very extensive and well done article, especially for Bleacher Report.

I'd love our dynasty chances more if we didn't play in the brutal NFC West. Having to play the niners, Rams and improved Cards for the next five years is going to be a huge challenge.

PS. Screw the Pats. They've gorged themselves on a horrific AFC East for going on 10 years now. One of the most overrated "dynasty" talk teams of all time. They'd have 20-30% less wins per year during this span of time if they played in just about any other division. Not their fault, but having a 4-6 game head start on every other AFC team before the season even starts is a HUGE advantage.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 1:12 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:A very extensive and well done article, especially for Bleacher Report.

I'd love our dynasty chances more if we didn't play in the brutal NFC West. Having to play the niners, Rams and improved Cards for the next five years is going to be a huge challenge.

PS. Screw the Pats. They've gorged themselves on a horrific AFC East for going on 10 years now. One of the most overrated "dynasty" talk teams of all time. They'd have 20-30% less wins per year during this span of time if they played in just about any other division. Not their fault, but having a 4-6 game head start on every other AFC team before the season even starts is a HUGE advantage.

Well the adviantage of playing in a brutal division is that you must draft well and be agressive in FA whenever possible and manage your capspace. Complacency is much less likely to set in.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Don't you have to win once and get close again a couple of times to start dynasty talk?

I mean its silly since we haven't even won the division for 2-3 years.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Don't you have to win once and get close again a couple of times to start dynasty talk?

I said the same upthread but Roland said this is a wishful thinking thread not reality.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm
  • After: How many Superbowls will we win in a row 3 or 4? / DangeRuss Hall of fame chat / Seahawks Dynasty / Will we be undefeated? nonsense

My popcorn is ready for an 8-8 third place NFC west season and for this board to meltdown
    Attachments
    aVZgT.gif
    aVZgT.gif (220.91 KiB) Viewed 531 times
    vasilim
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Don't you have to win once and get close again a couple of times to start dynasty talk?

I said the same upthread but Roland said this is a wishful thinking thread not reality.

According to some posters around here that's not an unrealistic veiw of my buddy Roland.

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:00 pm
  • I love the "science" behind the impending Seahawks dynasty. This guy is a genius to notice how awesome we are now, and how awesome we gonna be rollin down the road. :D
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Could we at least win the division before we start with the dynasty talk?

I accept the 'dynasty' talk as 'the thing that won't die' I can still remember Hawk fans uttering the word 'dynasty'during the '99 'back'er into the playoffs' season with Kitna at the helm, SMH. "...give me the strength to accept that which I can't change." :lol:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 am
  • It can still be done, but like Roland ssid, those components have to be part of it.

The Hawks have positioned themselves to not be a dynasty so much, but be in the hunt and have a solid chance every year. They hit on a bunch of picks, more than we could ever expect. What that does, is allow them to draft without the pressure of hitting on 5 guys every season. Now they can hit on 1 or 2 to maintain the level of talent, backfilling those players that leave in FA.

We can't expect more than that. Having guys like PC/JS and our fantastic QB is going to be so huge for sustained success. PC is a big competition guy and what we have seen so far that is if a young guy can play, he is going to get the chance. These kids are going to step it up immediately, not settling for being a backup. Look at Douchebaugh, he let their first rounder sit as a rookie. That would never happen in PCs world. So many of his players from the draft are on the field.

The only team I consider to be dynasty level today is the Pats. They have managed to stay extremely successful while rotating players like crazy. The one constant is coach and QB.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sat May 25, 2013 1:14 pm
  • I'll be damned. An actual well thought out, factual "article" from bleacher report - and no, I'm not saying that just because the author picked the Seahawks as the next dynasty. Even without that pick, the rest of the article is dynamite....maybe unicorns are real after all.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 pm
  • As a Trail Blazers fan who used to hear his team dubbed something of the same.. I'll wait before popping the champagne.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information