Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Avril hurt
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 am 
NET Veteran

Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .

Post subject: Re: Avril hurt
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 am 
NET Veteran

EastCoastHawksFan wrote:
Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .

Its May, football starts in September.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 am 
NET Veteran

Avril says foot injury isn't 'anything too serious'

http://mynorthwest.com/704/2278423/Seah ... oot-injury

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:30 am 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
EastCoastHawksFan wrote:

Its May, football starts in September.

Sadly, it is May. Which means there hasn't even been contact yet. It looks like DE will be "that position" this year.

In other years, it's been the OL. In 2007, it was WRs. Sometimes a group of guys is just snakebitten for whatever reason.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 am 
NET Veteran

Luckily, DE isn't really a position where you need a ton of reps in a new system and need to built serious rapport with those around you.

I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I have when they say its just needs a few weeks to heal, hell didn't Antonio Gates have that? Dude was playing injured all year last season.. damn.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 am 
NET Veteran

I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 am 
NET Veteran

I have it in both feet. Much worse on the left. There is different degrees of pain depending on the severity.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

MeenReen wrote:
I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.

I had a really bad case of it six years ago. I couldn't walk at all in the mornings when I first woke up, had to crawl around on my hands and knees for the first 10 minutes or so. I got referred to a physical therapist, and he treated me with a technique called "scraping." It hurt like blazes when he was doing it, but that sh*t worked! Over the course of two or three months of therapy it went away, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

/hijack

Last edited by BlueTalon on Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 am 
NET Veteran

Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 am 
NET Veteran

Happypuppy wrote:

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Practice Squad

I hope this heals up before the start of the season. DE is looking thinner these days.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Rookie

We should be fine Avril should be healed up by the start of the season.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

NinerLifer wrote:
I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am 
NET Pro Bowler

NinerLifer wrote:

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:21 am 
NET Veteran

HawkFan72 wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.

Miller and Avril injured their plantar fascia. Noah and Red have/had plantar fasciitis. Different injuries/conditions.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:26 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 am 
NET Starter

EastCoastHawksFan wrote:

Plantar fascia is not only common among our players. It is common among human beings. Plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue (fascia) which supports the arch on the bottom (plantar side) of the foot.

I guess the question is what type of injury he has to his plantar fascia.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

I think the confusion is coming in the fact that we are mixing up two different injuries.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Perhaps the deals for the 2 DEs Bennett (rotator cuff) and Avril (plantar fascia) were not such good deals after all?

Something earlier thought to be an incredible strength may now turn into a lot less.

However, there is lots of time still until the season begins for Avril to heal up.

Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.

Last edited by jammerhawk on Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm 
NET Veteran

I won't be worried unless he's not ready for training camp. These OTAs are always extra cautious. From everything I've seen and heard of Avril I really like him. He's at the camp, picking up what he can, and I expect him to be ready when he's cleared.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
NET Veteran

He'll be fine. Plenty of time to work on it.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran

NinerLifer wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???

just you apparently.

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 pm 
NET Veteran

It's May 22nd, season doesn't start until September, not worried at all.

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Rehabilitate the injuries correctly and the players will be stronger at the start of the season.

If not.... at least they'll have a great tolerance of the injury by the time we need them to perform since they're getting the injuries early.

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:25 pm 
NET Veteran

The plantar fascia is actually thick connective tendon like tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot extending from the heel to the toes, it's purpose is to support the arch on the bottom side of the foot. It is also the tissue that connects muscle in the foot to the parts that move. If the injury was minor then he should be able to recover in decent time. If the injury was severe it could take him out for quite some time. The question is the degree of the injury...

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm 
NET Veteran

NinerLifer wrote:

What the?

Are you still on these boards? The only comments you make are negative. I am able to have mature conversations with opposing fans all the time, but you seem like you may be between the ages of 10 and 20.

The reason i find this to be absurd because I suffered with plantar Fascitis for one month before learning that my insoles were causing tendons to stretch and as a result I experienced a lot of pain. As soon as I found some proper orthotics the problem was immediately rectified.

To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Basis4day wrote:
Happypuppy wrote:

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.

I'm quoting this because most people tend to overlook intelligent posts such as this to continue to form their opinions against the facts.

Bryant most likely will have to monitor his foot every day and take special caution not to aggravate his injury.

Miller's issue was a tear, perhaps not a serious one, which is explains why he was able to continue playing at a reasonably high level vs Atlanta. And why he's already back on the field during the workout and OTA phases and there hasn't really been any reports out questioning his status of health while many though this injury would handicap him through this off-season and possibly linger into training camp and beyond.

Avril's injury sounds like more of just a deep bruise that he has to allow to heal and should be back to form in a couple of months or in the very least ready and 100% by training camp. And people can take a deep breathe before they faint from their constant state of panic over Seahawk pass-rushers.

#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:55 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

lukerguy wrote:
To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

He isn't nearly bad as most of Niner Nation. Niner fans have been pinning their success this season on the Hawks crumbling from PED suspensions, migraines and Lynch getting suspended for 4 games. The other half of their confidence comes from Percy Harvin never having a 1000 yard season.

They have it all figured out, but Lifer is light-duty Niner.

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:13 am 
NET Veteran

Wow, I was just going off from what a friend of mine told me. Sorry, no link for that obviously. ;)

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

NinerLifer wrote:
Wow, I was just going off from what a friend of mine told me. Sorry, no link for that obviously. ;)

Shut up.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]