Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Sherman vs. Revis Debate Goes National
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran

This is a pretty cool sight.. It's a General Fan sight ,, so fans from all teams can discuss whatever..

Stumbled accross this debate on who is the better corner,, where most say Revis, they all give Sherm his props, and say he's #2.. Some say they're 1a and 1b.. thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums ... d-sherman/

Post subject: Re: Sherman vs. Revis Fued Goes National
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

*Feud.

This was posted a while back, it happened in February, I think? Good discussion, though. Someone, I don't remember who, wrote an article about how differently Revis and Sherman have been used, though. Revis is usually a shadow to the #1 receiver and left alone in man coverage the vast majority of the time, whereas Sherman is split approximately evenly between zone and man coverage. I honestly can't wait until Revis comes here in week 9, though. I'm already anticipating Sherman mouthing off.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Waste o' time. There was one good post in the entire thread.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:08 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

RolandDeschain wrote:
*Feud.

This was posted a while back, it happened in February, I think? Good discussion, though. Someone, I don't remember who, wrote an article about how differently Revis and Sherman have been used, though. Revis is usually a shadow to the #1 receiver and left alone in man coverage the vast majority of the time, whereas Sherman is split approximately evenly between zone and man coverage. I honestly can't wait until Revis comes here in week 9, though. I'm already anticipating Sherman mouthing off.

The comparison you mentioned was this article:

http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/16/richard-sherman-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict/

We did have a thread about it, if the OP is interested in that discussion (which probably isn't the case)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68637

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post subject: Re: Sherman vs. Revis Debate Goes National
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 pm 
NET Veteran

I think this year Sherman will step up ahead of Revis and it'll be clear.
In fact, I think if he had been a day 1 starter there'd be no doubt. People say you need to prove it over more than 2 years.
Find me a DE you'd take over JJ Watt or an OLB over Von Miller.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 pm 
NET Veteran

No i've read our threads about it, and read the niners opinion of it on their site, it was cool to see what the rest of the league thought about it.. Also to point out the website, there is some pretty cool threads on that site.. top 10 running backs last year, top 10 qb's last year, where a lot of them put RW anywhere from 8th to 10th, Kaep's barely mentioned.. Thought other would find it interesting

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
*Feud.

Ya i saw i wrote fued, meant debate.. i don't know if it'll be a big deal, they won't ever be on the field at the same time, might be some pre/post game action though.. But it will be cool to see the best two corners on the field and see which one out battles the other for sure.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm 
USMC 1970-77

hawker84 wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
*Feud.

Ya i saw i wrote fued, meant debate.. i don't know if it'll be a big deal, they won't ever be on the field at the same time, might be some pre/post game action though.. But it will be cool to see the best two corners on the field and see which one out battles the other for sure.

Oh, I don't know. Sherm used to be a WR in college. Perhaps Pete would try a new wrinkle for that game. I'm pretty sure Sherm would go for it....... :hmmmm:

:mrgreen:

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:15 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Oh man, line Sherman up as a WR against Revis a few times. I'd kill to see that.

Seriously, just imagine if we line up Sherman as a WR in the red zone and he catches a TD from Wilson with Revis covering him. Just imagine Sherman reacting to that. God, I could die happily.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Last edited by RolandDeschain on Tue May 21, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:17 pm 
USMC 1970-77

RolandDeschain wrote:
Oh man, line Sherman up as a WR against Revis a few times. I'd kill to see that.

Yeah, man. That would be awesome. :smiley_karate:

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 pm 
NET Veteran

Best part for Sherman:
Between the Skip Bayless fiasco, and now the Sherman vs. Revis media campaign, people are forgetting all about the PED controversy.
Dude has a talented publicist/agent team, and/or is crazy smart. I'm betting Stanford marketing/PR program classmate buddies.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]