Josh Portis waived

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Not surprised. He was not very good and his recent trouble did not help. I suspect the team felt they needed to send a message

BamKam

Reaction score
Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

grizbob

Reaction score
BamKam":15pldmea said:
Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

We gotta full back that knows the position :mrgreen:

Killa Kam

Reaction score
BamKam":3pumxrjc said:
I think they'll battle it out, only way I could see us keeping three is if we would have have drafted one that they felt was too talented to get put onto the practice squad, sorta like Portis a few years ago

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is because he was already given a second chance after missing the game bus in Miami. Unfortunately, he let them down again. It probably has less to do with "sending a message" but it'll likely accomplish that, too.

I feel for the guy, though. He probably would have been fine if he had waited half an hour to drive or had one less drink. His passenger running her mouth probably didn't help him that night.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Well, looks like we are rolling with Quinn as #2 this season but no worries, backup QB's don't win Super Bowl really unless you have a Brady or Hostetler and a top pass rush on defense but we are going to live and die with Wilson.

Too bad Portis couldn't develop like we'd hoped, IDK if this is it for him here but it feels different than the other times he was cut.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
grizbob":3fjyxkko said:
BamKam":3fjyxkko said:

Also have a WR that knows it.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
grizbob":1rec9avk said:
BamKam":1rec9avk said:

Good point. He was pretty good as well. They have even listed him as an emergency QB in the past. Which would be the case if Wilson was hurt. The drop off is pretty steep

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh noez! What are we going to do if the 3 QB's in front of him plus MRob get hurt!? I don't trust this strategy. Fire everyone! Send a message.

12evanf

Reaction score
Good. This is the easiest way to send signals to teammates. If you aren't a key player, screwing up gives you the boot.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think the moral of this story is, don't let our good buddy Throwdown adopt you.

He's clearly an unfit foster parent. Humblethug better be careful.

Throwdown

Reaction score
24882581.jpg

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1s9hslkk said:
Well, looks like we are rolling with Quinn as #2 this season but no worries, backup QB's don't win Super Bowl really unless you have a Brady or Hostetler and a top pass rush on defense but we are going to live and die with Wilson.

Too bad Portis couldn't develop like we'd hoped, IDK if this is it for him here but it feels different than the other times he was cut.

I wouldn't rule out JJ just yet. He had an impressive rookie camp. Remember what happened when everyone started assuming Flynn was the starter?

razgriz737

Reaction score
Zer0veritas":1a15lvec said:
12th_Bob":1a15lvec said:

I wouldn't rule out JJ just yet. He had an impressive rookie camp. Remember what happened when everyone started assuming Flynn was the starter?
No disrespect to Quinn, but I'm actually hoping JJ gets the spot. He's put in so much work to change up his throwing and whatnot, it would be cool to see him make the team.

#Quinning.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
One of the things that Wilson did last year that was exceptionally impressive was his ability to avoid taking unnecessary hits. I think it's likely we go in with 2 QB's opening up the extra roster spot for D line depth, or Ware.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
JJ looked good in practice and is cheaper. He has a strange throwing motion but the ball looks good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not surprised at all, with the information about why he was cut last year and then the news of the DUI, what's the point of continuing to give him a shot. There are others who can get a shot and not be a distraction. The last thing you want out of your backup is being a distraction

Latest posts