Avril hurt

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Avril hurt
Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 am
  • Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Re: Avril hurt
Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 am
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .

Its May, football starts in September.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 am

Tue May 21, 2013 7:30 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

Its May, football starts in September.

Sadly, it is May. Which means there hasn't even been contact yet. It looks like DE will be "that position" this year.

In other years, it's been the OL. In 2007, it was WRs. Sometimes a group of guys is just snakebitten for whatever reason.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 am
  • Luckily, DE isn't really a position where you need a ton of reps in a new system and need to built serious rapport with those around you.

I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.
    MeenReen
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 8:46 am
  • I have when they say its just needs a few weeks to heal, hell didn't Antonio Gates have that? Dude was playing injured all year last season.. damn.
    nfcwizard
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 am
  • I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 am
  • I have it in both feet. Much worse on the left. There is different degrees of pain depending on the severity.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am
  • MeenReen wrote:I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.

I had a really bad case of it six years ago. I couldn't walk at all in the mornings when I first woke up, had to crawl around on my hands and knees for the first 10 minutes or so. I got referred to a physical therapist, and he treated me with a technique called "scraping." It hurt like blazes when he was doing it, but that sh*t worked! Over the course of two or three months of therapy it went away, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

/hijack
    Last edited by BlueTalon on Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 am
  • Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am
  • I hope this heals up before the start of the season. DE is looking thinner these days.
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 am
  • We should be fine Avril should be healed up by the start of the season.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 21, 2013 11:21 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.

Miller and Avril injured their plantar fascia. Noah and Red have/had plantar fasciitis. Different injuries/conditions.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 11:26 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 am
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

Plantar fascia is not only common among our players. It is common among human beings. Plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue (fascia) which supports the arch on the bottom (plantar side) of the foot.

I guess the question is what type of injury he has to his plantar fascia.
    chihawk
    NET Starter

Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm
  • I think the confusion is coming in the fact that we are mixing up two different injuries.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm
  • Perhaps the deals for the 2 DEs Bennett (rotator cuff) and Avril (plantar fascia) were not such good deals after all?

Something earlier thought to be an incredible strength may now turn into a lot less.

However, there is lots of time still until the season begins for Avril to heal up.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm
  • I won't be worried unless he's not ready for training camp. These OTAs are always extra cautious. From everything I've seen and heard of Avril I really like him. He's at the camp, picking up what he can, and I expect him to be ready when he's cleared.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm
  • He'll be fine. Plenty of time to work on it.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 4:28 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???

just you apparently.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 pm
  • It's May 22nd, season doesn't start until September, not worried at all.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm
  • Rehabilitate the injuries correctly and the players will be stronger at the start of the season.

If not.... at least they'll have a great tolerance of the injury by the time we need them to perform since they're getting the injuries early.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 10:25 pm
  • The plantar fascia is actually thick connective tendon like tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot extending from the heel to the toes, it's purpose is to support the arch on the bottom side of the foot. It is also the tissue that connects muscle in the foot to the parts that move. If the injury was minor then he should be able to recover in decent time. If the injury was severe it could take him out for quite some time. The question is the degree of the injury...

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm

What the?

Are you still on these boards? The only comments you make are negative. I am able to have mature conversations with opposing fans all the time, but you seem like you may be between the ages of 10 and 20.

The reason i find this to be absurd because I suffered with plantar Fascitis for one month before learning that my insoles were causing tendons to stretch and as a result I experienced a lot of pain. As soon as I found some proper orthotics the problem was immediately rectified.

To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 10:47 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.

I'm quoting this because most people tend to overlook intelligent posts such as this to continue to form their opinions against the facts.

Bryant most likely will have to monitor his foot every day and take special caution not to aggravate his injury.

Miller's issue was a tear, perhaps not a serious one, which is explains why he was able to continue playing at a reasonably high level vs Atlanta. And why he's already back on the field during the workout and OTA phases and there hasn't really been any reports out questioning his status of health while many though this injury would handicap him through this off-season and possibly linger into training camp and beyond.

Avril's injury sounds like more of just a deep bruise that he has to allow to heal and should be back to form in a couple of months or in the very least ready and 100% by training camp. And people can take a deep breathe before they faint from their constant state of panic over Seahawk pass-rushers.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 10:55 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:To try and throw out erroneous statements is just trying to promote your franchise by diminishing ours. How is this fun for you? I just can't stand for you trying to mislead or worry other Seahawks fans with this continual stuff.

He isn't nearly bad as most of Niner Nation. Niner fans have been pinning their success this season on the Hawks crumbling from PED suspensions, migraines and Lynch getting suspended for 4 games. The other half of their confidence comes from Percy Harvin never having a 1000 yard season.

They have it all figured out, but Lifer is light-duty Niner.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon May 27, 2013 11:13 am
  • Wow, I was just going off from what a friend of mine told me. Sorry, no link for that obviously. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Wow, I was just going off from what a friend of mine told me. Sorry, no link for that obviously. ;)

Shut up.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information