Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles
Mon May 20, 2013 3:45 pm
  • I got an update on my ESPN app saying that Anthony McCoy was carted off the field today during OTA's.... I am really nervous about all of these issues coming up right now. All the suspensions, injuries and such.

*Update - according to multiple reports, McCoy ruptured his Achilles
    Last edited by RockHawk on Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Changed title to reflect new news
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

Re: Anthony McCoy carted off field today
Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Time for the rookie to step up. JS wanted him for a reason.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 3:58 pm
  • Being reported as an ankle injury. We're in May, so he should be fine.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm
  • Get it all out of the way now. So by October its smooth sailing.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm
  • Let me guess. He caught the ball, was running downfield and was looking behind him to see who was catching him and ran into the goal post?
    dukestar
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm
  • Im ok if he doesn't make the team. Would rather see Fells and Willson in there.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 4:14 pm
  • So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.
    USChawk
    NET Rookie

Mon May 20, 2013 4:24 pm
  • USChawk wrote:So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 4:29 pm
  • McCoy seems to be kind of a big dummy and he's probably the slowest player on the field at any given moment. That said, he did show a knack for making some big plays here and there. I'm sure this will all sort itself out in time.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon May 20, 2013 4:30 pm
  • dukestar wrote:Let me guess. He caught the ball, was running downfield and was looking behind him to see who was catching him and ran into the goal post?

I am a big fan of McCoy, and I think the hate that he gets around here because he's not the best hands guy is silly, but this visual cracked me up.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Man.......I really hope that the injury bug doesn't get us this year.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm
  • Last year was the first year in a long time that the injury big DIDN'T get us. I'm sure we still have store credit.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    USChawk wrote:So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.

You forgot the :sarcasm_off:

McCoy is a good #2, he blocks well and is a decent pass receiver. By replacing McCoy with Fells and Willson you are guaranteed to give up a lot in run blocking, which if you weren't aware, is a small part in the Pete Carroll offensive philosophy.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm
  • Just as long as we can have him back for the Super Bowl.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 pm
  • Then he needs to hurry up and get back. McCoy's only real drawback has been drops. That was mitigated to an extent last year and he showed up with big plays and it allowed him to showcase the all around blocking and yes, pass catching TE he can be. I'm excited about Wilson, but McCoy is a consistent blocker and a guy who can turn in big plays in his own right. Consistency is what makes it in the NFL and McCoy has shown he is getting better and more consistent. I love the potential of Wilson, but I haven't seen him yet. McCoy needs to get healthy.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:10 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Last year was the first year in a long time that the injury big DIDN'T get us. I'm sure we still have store credit.

I say the injury bug got us pretty good, especially in the playoffs (Clemons, Bryant)
    There were a lot of injuries (and suspensions) we hardly noticed because "next man up" kicked ass.
    Whether it be WTIII with Browner out, or Malcolm Smith with Hill out, or Omiyale filling in beautifully for Okung (against DeMarcus Ware!) for a game or two, the depth guys flat out did the job the whole year.
    It's only when we lost Clemons and Jason Jones and Bryant with a bad wheel, all at the same time, that we didn't have a legit answer that wasn't a huge dropoff. Those 3 injuries cost us a trip to the NFC Championship.

We got lucky that Lynch was healthy enough to have an awesome and complete season. Now we have Michael to pick up the slack if Beastmode is unavailable. Kudos to the GM and coach for helping us almost not notice (any big dropoff from) so many of the injuries all season.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:17 pm
  • Is this Fells tight end the one from the Patriots last year? if so he had a sweet diving catch against the seahawks last year.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm
  • largenutz wrote:Is this Fells tight end the one from the Patriots last year? if so he had a sweet diving catch against the seahawks last year.

Its his brother.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Is Fells still around? He was dropped and then had a tryout at rookie minicamp. Only heard of two signings afterward and neither was him.
    Last edited by sc85sis on Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm
  • i was wondering that when i was rewatching the game the other day- thanks for clearing that up- hopefully hes got some of his brothers skills, plus thats pretty cool both brothers are tight ends.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Is Fells still around? He was dropped and then had a tryout at rookie minicamp. Only heard of two signings afterward and neither was him.

Yep. Just reported today.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68700
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am
  • Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 6m
    Was carted off the field at practice. Tough break. RT ‏@MikeGarafolo Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy tore his Achilles, had surgery yesterday.

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 5m
    According to @MikeGarafolo, McCoy will miss at least six months. The injury has not been officially announced by the team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2013/05/24/anthony-mccoy-injury-torn-achilles-tendon-surgery-seattle/2357963/
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

A.McCoy out six months
Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 am
  • @evansilva: #Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy's Achilles' tear opens door for athletic freak Luke Willson as the pass catcher behind Zach Miller.

Sounds like he tore it yesterday? Next man up !
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:07 am
  • I wonder if the rookie can block ? We play a lot of 2 man sets.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am
  • sc85sis wrote:Is Fells still around? He was dropped and then had a tryout at rookie minicamp. Only heard of two signings afterward and neither was him.

Yes he is back. A couple days ago he was added
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Re: A.McCoy out six months
Fri May 24, 2013 9:09 am
  • McCoy did really well in some big plays last year. But I think this is a small blessing in disguise. Give Luke a better shot to show what he has.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 am
  • Torn Achilles.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Fri May 24, 2013 9:17 am
  • It is the NFL, you have to be prepared to have the next guy fill in. Except for QB, an injury should have minimal effect. It is when you get multiple injuries at one position where you are doomed.
    warden
    NET Veteran

Re: A.McCoy out six months
Fri May 24, 2013 9:17 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:

If I could have one wish it would be that people at .net would stop saying "next man up". Saying it after every injury has killed that saying and made it annoying. If Russell Wilson got injured, I can promise there would be "next man up" posts....ya right.

Anyways, I wasn't a McCoy fan anyways and wanted to see both Willson and Fells beat him out.
    Last edited by ImTheScientist on Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am
  • man that sucks, I think McCoy was just starting to come in to his own.

WTF is this tit for tat injury crap between us and SF? Are they going to have a DE with Plantar Fastidious and another with an ACL tear now? How about a 3rd string QB with a DUI? You're up SF, what's your play?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am
  • It is the NFL, you have to be prepared to have the next guy fill in. Except for QB, an injury should have minimal effect. It is when you get multiple injuries at one position where you are doomed.
    warden
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:I wonder if the rookie can block ? We play a lot of 2 man sets.

With the addition of Harvin, I suspect the number of 2 TE sets we run to go down drastically
    warden
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am
  • Shittay! I for one was really encouraged by McCoy's apparent progress last year. He was seeing a ton of snaps. Lets hope Wilson or Fells or somebody is up to the task
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    USChawk wrote:So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

As I said when this first happened. We can replace the 1 reception per game he gave us.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 am
  • warden wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:I wonder if the rookie can block ? We play a lot of 2 man sets.

With the addition of Harvin, I suspect the number of 2 TE sets we run to go down drastically

True that. However, jumbo sets could still utilize harvin in the FB slot. Could have some pretty sweet PA plays that way.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 am
  • Another in a long list of bad things to happen this offseason. Bah.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:27 am
  • ivotuk wrote:man that sucks, I think McCoy was just starting to come in to his own.

WTF is this tit for tat injury crap between us and SF? Are they going to have a DE with Plantar Fastidious and another with an ACL tear now? How about a 3rd string QB with a DUI? You're up SF, what's your play?

I think SF has their own injury issues. Justin and Aldon are still recovering, and their high round DE pick Tank Caraddine has some injury issues as well. I think it's normal off season. There are injuries offseason, some teams escape them some dont. Seattle will do fine. They have as much talent as any team in the NFL and problably more.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Sean McGrath I think would be the logical fill in at this point
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• bummer, hope for a speedy and healthy recovery for McCoy. I guess that means we will get to see what Luke Willson and Fells have to offer.....next man up !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 9:32 am
  • McCoy was great TE depth for us. It is razor thin at this point. This sucks.

We better hope Miller and his foot issues can survive the season and that Willson pans out. Otherwise we have a major hole at the TE position.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:@evansilva: #Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy's Achilles' tear opens door for athletic freak Luke Willson as the pass catcher behind Zach Miller.

Monday, when they first thought it was his ankle and carted him off. Some reports make it sound like it was later but makes sense that it was that day.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 am
  • Well for all those gloating about Crabtree being out and the 49ers ripe for picking this is the Karma of the NFL. I hope he recovers quickly although he was one of the stiffest looking route runners I have seen in a long time at any position, agility was not in his resume'. We can only hope that this opened the door for someone else that can be better in the long run and a positive comes from this.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well for all those gloating about Crabtree being out and the 49ers ripe for picking this is the Karma of the NFL. I hope he recovers quickly although he was one of the stiffest looking route runners I have seen in a long time at any position, agility was not in his resume'. We can only hope that this opened the door for someone else that can be better in the long run and a positive comes from this.

This happened before the Crabtree's injury, just wasn't reported faster. Do you feel that karma somehow changed an existing injury to McCoy. Just curious, as I know everyone believes in different things. While I do not believe in karma, I always am interested in others beliefs and would be fascinated if you felt his injury was worsened because of "gloating" hawk fans. I curiously await.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 am
  • For those that are glad this happened to open an opportunity for Fells or Willson, just sounds like you don't trust the coaching staff to pick the best player for the job. It is a moot point now but I would rather have seen the players with upside win the job and not fall into it due to luck. I am sure if the remaining players cannot fulfill the role expected of the TE#2 position that the team will scour the waiver wire.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 am
  • If Willson lives up to the hype, he'll make Schneider look like a genius. Again.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Rookie

Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 am
  • Not a karma believer except for me in my personal life... and really, I'm more of a Golden Rule believer than a karma believer... but they kinda go hand in hand.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well for all those gloating about Crabtree being out and the 49ers ripe for picking this is the Karma of the NFL. I hope he recovers quickly although he was one of the stiffest looking route runners I have seen in a long time at any position, agility was not in his resume'. We can only hope that this opened the door for someone else that can be better in the long run and a positive comes from this.

I seem to remember the vast, vast majority of us not gloating about Crabtree's injury. Almost everyone I saw said it sucked and wished him well. These things happen, and whether to your team or a hated rival's, they're no fun at all. And now the players have to live with the injury to the extent it heals for the rest of their lives.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri May 24, 2013 10:22 am
  • I will be completely shocked if there isn't a blocking type signed in the next few days. Kevin Boss or Will Heller possibly.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 10:23 am
  • drdiags wrote:For those that are glad this happened to open an opportunity for Fells or Willson, just sounds like you don't trust the coaching staff to pick the best player for the job. It is a moot point now but I would rather have seen the players with upside win the job and not fall into it due to luck. I am sure if the remaining players cannot fulfill the role expected of the TE#2 position that the team will scour the waiver wire.

I haven't seen a single person say they are glad.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information