Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I got an update on my ESPN app saying that Anthony McCoy was carted off the field today during OTA's.... I am really nervous about all of these issues coming up right now. All the suspensions, injuries and such.

*Update - according to multiple reports, McCoy ruptured his Achilles

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Time for the rookie to step up. JS wanted him for a reason.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Being reported as an ankle injury. We're in May, so he should be fine.

dukestar

Reaction score
Let me guess. He caught the ball, was running downfield and was looking behind him to see who was catching him and ran into the goal post?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im ok if he doesn't make the team. Would rather see Fells and Willson in there.

USChawk

Reaction score
So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
USChawk":27xcbyya said:
So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
McCoy seems to be kind of a big dummy and he's probably the slowest player on the field at any given moment. That said, he did show a knack for making some big plays here and there. I'm sure this will all sort itself out in time.

Sac

Reaction score
Last year was the first year in a long time that the injury big DIDN'T get us. I'm sure we still have store credit.

cacksman

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":82ty8hnt said:
USChawk":82ty8hnt said:

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.

You forgot the :sarcasm_off:

McCoy is a good #2, he blocks well and is a decent pass receiver. By replacing McCoy with Fells and Willson you are guaranteed to give up a lot in run blocking, which if you weren't aware, is a small part in the Pete Carroll offensive philosophy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Then he needs to hurry up and get back. McCoy's only real drawback has been drops. That was mitigated to an extent last year and he showed up with big plays and it allowed him to showcase the all around blocking and yes, pass catching TE he can be. I'm excited about Wilson, but McCoy is a consistent blocker and a guy who can turn in big plays in his own right. Consistency is what makes it in the NFL and McCoy has shown he is getting better and more consistent. I love the potential of Wilson, but I haven't seen him yet. McCoy needs to get healthy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1q0yhkoz said:
Last year was the first year in a long time that the injury big DIDN'T get us. I'm sure we still have store credit.

I say the injury bug got us pretty good, especially in the playoffs (Clemons, Bryant)
There were a lot of injuries (and suspensions) we hardly noticed because "next man up" kicked ass.
Whether it be WTIII with Browner out, or Malcolm Smith with Hill out, or Omiyale filling in beautifully for Okung (against DeMarcus Ware!) for a game or two, the depth guys flat out did the job the whole year.
It's only when we lost Clemons and Jason Jones and Bryant with a bad wheel, all at the same time, that we didn't have a legit answer that wasn't a huge dropoff. Those 3 injuries cost us a trip to the NFC Championship.

We got lucky that Lynch was healthy enough to have an awesome and complete season. Now we have Michael to pick up the slack if Beastmode is unavailable. Kudos to the GM and coach for helping us almost not notice (any big dropoff from) so many of the injuries all season.

largenutz

Reaction score
Is this Fells tight end the one from the Patriots last year? if so he had a sweet diving catch against the seahawks last year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Is Fells still around? He was dropped and then had a tryout at rookie minicamp. Only heard of two signings afterward and neither was him.

largenutz

Reaction score
i was wondering that when i was rewatching the game the other day- thanks for clearing that up- hopefully hes got some of his brothers skills, plus thats pretty cool both brothers are tight ends.

Latest posts