Two more months to camp...

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm only 30 mins into it...and beyond stoked for the season to start.

Of course, the vast majority of this is all the scoring plays when we destroyed Arizona, Buffalo and San Whinecisco.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":icsgtmo4 said:
Man we are going to miss Leon Washington.
!

Game 1 at kickoff you will see Harvin and forget all about Leon.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3fpxz2h6 said:
FlyingGreg":3fpxz2h6 said:
!

I've watched Harvin since he was in high school. Literally...I lived in VA Beach when he went to Landstown High School. I know how good he is...and I'm still skeptical they are going to let him return all the punts and kicks.

...but we'll still miss Leon (well, at least I will).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm about 30 minutes in myself and I cannot believe how freaking good this team is. I guess I needed a one hour season recap to remind me. Wow.

So many years I've spent dealing with disappointment, heartache and mediocrity. What a beautiful change of pace this team is.

I'm literally pinching myself.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":yf2qrh90 said:
FlyingGreg":yf2qrh90 said:
!

I for one will not 'forget him at kickoff.' Leon brought a heckuva lot more to this team than what he did on the field. That was reflected in how his team mates responded when he was cut..namely Russel Wilson and Earl Thomas. Somebody will have to fill the leadership void, and Percy doesn't qualify for that.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I caught this video yesterday and it's awesome. It even gives you some pro bowl action at the end. Fastest one hour on the net it was.

Another winner in this video is it's not dubbed with Rap or Heavy metal music, just the play by play of the game(s).

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
What was interesting is to see the progression of the offense ... and how it really started to develop from the Bears game onward.

I kept noticing the score of the games being really low in the 1st, 2nd and even 3rd quarters for most of the first half of the season.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":7u97e73p said:
T-Sizzle":7u97e73p said:
FlyingGreg":7u97e73p said:
!

I for one will not 'forget him at kickoff.' Leon brought a heckuva lot more to this team than what he did on the field. That was reflected in how his team mates responded when he was cut..namely Russel Wilson and Earl Thomas. Somebody will have to fill the leadership void, and Percy doesn't qualify for that.

I disagree....while he was a veteran presence I would not call him a leader. You have to be on the field and make more of an impact to be a leader imo. Harvin averaged more yards per attempt than Leon on kick returns and Tate is returning punts.

Leon was a nice guy, and clearly people in the locker room liked him...but he won't be missed on the field as we have found an improvement.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Watched 18 minutes of it but have to mow the lawn, more later.

Two things I see watching.

1. I'm afraid we will miss Washington's kick returns.

2. Stop whining about how much we're paying Rice. He makes the key catches when we need them!!

:les:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm saving it to watch on my 50" flat screen after I get home this afternoon.

Looking forward to it. :D

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The Radish":12c65bds said:

2. Stop whining about how much we're paying Rice. He makes the key catches when we need them!!

1. Agreed. He saved our bacon a lot last year when our offense was sputtering.

2. TRUTH. Sidney was phenomenal last year. If anything, they should have featured him more. He made tough catches all over the field.

A

Anonymous

Just watched the whole thing.

Very cool that it includes the P-bowl as well.

Two things:
1. Russell Wilson is really, really good.
2. If Anthony McCoy was just an eentsie weentsie bit more nimble on his feet, our record would have at least one game better in the win column.

Brahn

Reaction score
Dahl was abused in both games against the Rams, silly to think that guy will even be a quality fill in for Gholdson.

Subzero717

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":eeh95fo5 said:
The Radish":eeh95fo5 said:

2. TRUTH. Sidney was phenomenal last year. If anything, they should have featured him more. He made tough catches all over the field.

People that dog Sidney are idiots. He saved our bacon and was open a ton a Russ didn't see him as many times as he caught a pass.

A

Anonymous

Rice is key, IMHO, to the whole puzzle. Without him in there, Tate and Fresh aren't open nearly as much. Now with Harvin? Goodness it'll be tough to cover us.

That catch he made on the sideline when he put the knee down instead of dragging the feet? Brilliant awareness. If you look at his catches in slow mo, you can see the concentration he has on the ball so much that the field and the opponent are an afterthought. So focused.

Sid is good.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":21un7iwh said:
The Radish":21un7iwh said:

The sad part was alot of the "big" returns for Leon were sqandered by the offense/defense. INfact most of the "big return" games were games we lost. Look at AZ, Rams, and Miami games

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Leon is awesome, I think Harvin is great but having a guy whose main job is to come up with big returns is something in itself. I feel Cribbs and Hester became less dangerous as returners when they got bigger roles on offense.

Of course you're going to feel all warm and fuzzy with it being all highlights but you can't help but admire how many great plays the team made and that this was several different guys contributing. I know people like to say Russell arrived week 5 or 6 but from week one he started to show the potential to be a great QB. I can't help but be impressed with him.

Our defense is so much better with a strong pass rush, while there are plenty of sacks in here, on the plays we hit and pressure the QB is when you see a lot of interceptions, very few where the guy just makes a horrible decision with all the time in the world.