Site Redesign

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Site Redesign
Mon May 20, 2013 10:03 am
  • SmokinHawk wrote:Needs more comic sans, imo.

Greatest font ever.

The Roland/Twisted nerd fight makes me lol. I read and post on this site daily with a supposedly lowly and antiquated blackberry playbook and have ZERO problems doing or seeing anything. Hell even my lowly and antiquated blackberry torch handles the regular site with no problems (though I use the tapa just because it's a little quicker to load and a little easier to read.

If my lowly and antiquated canadian hardware can handle this site, then the mighty apple and android should be able to eat it for breakfast, no?
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 am
  • Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

Amen to this. We need a way for people to easily identify who the hella smart and hella stoooopid people are.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

We get it. You hate Aros.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am
  • If it ain't broke...
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • On a semi-related note, is Seahawks.net ever going back to being more than a forum? Have columns/news/interviews/podcasts.. etc
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

*Groans Post*

:lol:
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:20 am
  • Todd, "design by committee" is a horrible idea. I expected better.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Would love a touch up and maybe incorporate the ability to "thank/like" or "groan/dislike" posts.

razgriz737 likes this
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
  • I think we need a slide. And a ball pit.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:On a semi-related note, is Seahawks.net ever going back to being more than a forum? Have columns/news/interviews/podcasts.. etc

I floated doing a .NET podcast like 1-2 years ago, very few expressed any interest in doing one with me; but plenty of people seem to want one.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon May 20, 2013 1:34 pm
  • For those that weren't around for the "good ol' days" (or, like Radish, are too old to remember them clearly :P), I present the following.

http://web.archive.org/web/200003150000 ... ahawks.net
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon May 20, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Dear Lord, that had a hideous look to it ~12-13 years ago.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon May 20, 2013 1:44 pm
  • I would be down for minor updates and tweeks, but nothing too radical as this place is already above and beyond many other fan forums out there.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon May 20, 2013 2:01 pm
  • RynoHawk wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:just messing around I threw this together real quick, with lettering sort of like the jersey numbers/similar to the idea I used for my sigs.

Not sure who would be making an updated logo, but if you're using photoshop I have a brush i can send you that stamps the feather shape.

Hey HawknBalls, I really like this direction but is it me or does the lettering remind you of the new Vikings lettering..... just a thought..;)

hah. now that you mention it I totally see it. It's a font I got off of blambot.com, I wonder if that's what they are using?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 2:10 pm
  • I think .net is the absolute best site of it's kind on the WWW anywhere. IMO- That's why so many "other teams" come to visit and troll. As to re-design, I think the "location" field in the initial sign-up process should be a "mandatory" field. I say this because I hate trollers that come here to post their BS and many seem to want nothing more than to stir up our fan base and piss us all off. I wouldn't mind if some of the straight lines on the site looked like the stripe that runs down the Seahawks legs, however the base colors all seem fine to me. Easy to read is a plus for us old guys.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 2:56 pm
  • I love it the way it is. Though I like the idea that some people have mentioned of making some small aesthetic changes to match the new uniforms.

ATX_Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 am
  • I wouldn't change the way it functions but I'd like to request a new header please it looks 6 years old, we have a new team going in a direction everyone seems excited about so a grittier header to reflect that I would be happy to see (the eye looks menacing the way it is however) :D

SeaTown81 wrote:After reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Old people don't like change.

This is funny, every time I read "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I imagine an old man, why not think like RW & say "its great but lets make it greater". I don't mean to offend anyone by the way.
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Aros wrote:Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Plus a boring white theme, please; you can name it "Work Mode". :lol:

The 'Work Mode' theme also needs to disable signatures (aka turtle-humping papakis).
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Tue May 21, 2013 6:21 am
  • JesterHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Aros wrote:Well it sounds to me like the overall consensus is to keep the general look and feel but update the masthead graphic by adding feathers and other elements that speak to the current look of the team.

Plus a boring white theme, please; you can name it "Work Mode". :lol:

The 'Work Mode' theme also needs to disable signatures (aka turtle-humping papakis).

Bang bang bang bang bang bang.....
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed May 22, 2013 11:21 pm
  • Aros,
    Your line work is the best
    Looking to see the what's the next best thing to Earth Normal & Sofachrome
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

Fri May 24, 2013 5:59 pm
  • I love the current colors and design. that being said, this is a Seahawk fan site. The Seahawks changed colors maybe we should reflect that.

Save a place at the table for us Big Willie.
    Kansashawkfan
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm
  • Great input everyone, and we clearly hear that if we make changes, we'll keep it minimal. Thanks Aros for getting this rolling
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:After reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Old people don't like change. ;)

I think a slight redesign is in order. Something to freshen up the place a bit. I think a slightly darker background would be cool. Compare and contrast the color of the main forum as opposed to actual threads. I think the main forum background color would work just fine for threads. I don't really see a need for incorporating grey into the site. While it is a part of the color scheme now, it's not prominent. And grey on the whole isn't too flattering graphically. Mainly just drabs everything up. And as for the main header, I call for less green. And no the gunmetal or silver used in the mock up. Whoever called that 1997 was dead on. Gave me flashbacks to earlier versions of the site. Lol.

I'm old (compared to most here) and I have no issue with change. I just don't see the need for it currently, except for the possible tweeks here 'n there. But if the powers that be decide they want to change it, I just hope it better, rather than most places the 'enhance' the site only to make it really crappy.

Thankfully, Todd's history here is such that changes usually mean good things.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Fri May 24, 2013 10:25 pm
  • this site needs stainless steel

and more cowbell
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 am
  • I really like the way the site looks and works, but I there are always improvements that can be made. These require real knit-picking, by the way.

1- Crisp-up the Seahawks.Net banner logo, particularly in the text. It could use a bit more of an anti-aliased look.

2- Maybe up the max number of quotes within quotes. It can sometimes be kind of a hassle replying in-line, then getting rejected for having too many quotes within quotes.

3- Charge a fee for 49er fans

4- In addition to the crazy gameday devoted forum (where you end up with 10,000 separate threads with 0-2 replies), how about one (just one) official gameday thread in the main forum for games. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy a long multi-page reactionary single thread for games.

-
    In any case... as long time devotee, I was just trying to dig for anything I could think of here.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 2:27 am
  • Well I love everyone's insight. It is awesome and appreciated. I will present some new logos to Mark and co....Don't expect a reinvention of the wheel here...Just some nip and tucks that put this girl into the 21st Century reflecting the team's latest aesthetic...

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat May 25, 2013 8:52 am
  • minormillikin wrote:4- In addition to the crazy gameday devoted forum (where you end up with 10,000 separate threads with 0-2 replies), how about one (just one) official gameday thread in the main forum for games. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy a long multi-page reactionary single thread for games.

That's EXACTLY what the chat forum is on gameday. :th2thumbs:
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Personally, I would vote to not change a thing. Especially not the colors as I think they're perfect and easy on the eyes.

:13: :179417:
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information