Fells at camp

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Fells is at camp. He's in a picture for the day 3 photo gallery. If he was waived how/why is he still there?

razgriz737

Reaction score
This is a guess, but maybe he was waived just for clerical reasons but he was still invited to camp to tryout.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Because these minicamps also include free agent tryouts.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Either way it's pretty slick. I like how they keep talent around as long as possible even if not on the official roster. I remember seeing RRR vids with Roy Lewis in the locker room when he wasn't on the roster as well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He is there on an invite tryout basis. If he looks good enough, they will re-sign him.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
My guess is that the original contract Fells signed was more of a placeholder until rookie minicamp so no teams could poach him. Then the Seahawks had to sign some UDFAs they liked and put over the 90 man roster limit so they "waived" Fells. Sounds like nothing has really changed for Fells because he still has to impress to make the team or PS. Only thing different now is that another team could poach him if they wanted.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2a2o51ii said:
My guess is that the original contract Fells signed was more of a placeholder until rookie minicamp so no teams could poach him. Then the Seahawks had to sign some UDFAs they liked and put over the 90 man roster limit so they "waived" Fells. Sounds like nothing has really changed for Fells because he still has to impress to make the team or PS. Only thing different now is that another team could poach him if they wanted.

.....but which is highly unlikely.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's no grand conspiracy. He was singed before the draft as a TE prospect. We didn't know what we would get in the draft. They looked at the talent we had and decided the guarenteed spots were better served with other players locked up for the time being. You can't keep everyone. Since he is a free agent, any other team could sign him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think he was considered some designation of FA where he had to be signed rather than UFDA/camp tryout. So they did, then waived him to get under the 90 man limit and invited him back.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Right, all makes sense. No one said it was a conspiracy....

But it's totally a conspiracy.
smiley2343.gif

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not looking good for my adoptee. He wasn't mentioned at all in the post mini camp pressers.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I wish him the best but if Wilson is our project/athlete tight end I don't see them keeping Wilson and Fells.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":q5tljm4i said:
I wish him the best but if Wilson is our project/athlete tight end I don't see them keeping Wilson and Fells.
Wilson plays QB why would we have to choose between a qb and te as far as who we keep?

:stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3uh333fo said:
Could be that the Seahawks have seen enough athleticism, and potential from Fells and are maybe trying to find a way to stash him.
It's also a possibility that the Hawks may want to have him for a backup if one of our other TE's either get released, or maybe injured.
Maybe some times what we fans see as cannon fodder, the Seahawks see as stash players, I'd be surprised if this isn't happening all over the League,, Not saying it's a fact, just a possibility.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
After rookie camp the Seahawks signed a different TE so that closes the book on Fells.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":fyf1fk3g said:
After rookie camp the Seahawks signed a different TE so that closes the book on Fells.

Closed book? Haven't you ever seent that Never endin' story? Goonies never say die, you know......

I'm just messin' 'round. :thirishdrinkers: All things being equal I'd rather have the local kid anyway. Obviously signed for a reason.