Hawks Are a First Class Organization

OP
OP
Landhawk1

Landhawk1

Reaction score
Maybe it seems like a small thing to some. I'm sure it's a drop in the bucket for Mr. Allen but it adds to the special feeling this team and organization has. I found the quotes from Seymours parents compelling....

“This is fantastic,” said Christine Seymour, who was accompanied by her husband, Mark. “We are just so blessed and appreciative that we can be part of this. I’m just so happy they brought us here to be part of this experience to share with our son and with the Seattle team and family.

“They’ve just made us feel a part of it.”

And from dad....

“It’s a quiet an investment to bring the families here, but it’s going to pay dividends,” Mark Seymour said. “When we found out, we were like, ‘Wow.’ I’d never heard of this before. Now we know, it’s not the standard. And I guess this organization is not that standard. And that’s a good thing.”

This coming from the parents of a late draft pick. It just shows that this organization is different and special in so many ways. For players, I'm sure they all add up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Landhawk1":3rw9nwx7 said:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...perience/669fed68-eec4-4eb5-a71f-f6aca88d1f60

Just another example....the team brought in draftee's mothers to share mother's day....nice.
Awesome. :th2thumbs:

I wonder if other organizations did something similar?

The father is correct, the long range effect of this will reach to every level be it future FA's or anything between. I am sure many of the members here have children as a woman myself something like this is beyond priceless on multiple levels.

godawg

Reaction score
The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
godawg":1pqmk7vf said:
The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.

I agree! The word will get around the NFL that Seattle is a First Class organization and treats their players accordingly! "What goes around....comes around."

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I think they've already succeeded in becoming a destination franchise. All you need to do is look at our free agency signings and the tweets Christine Michael was sending to Earl Thomas before the draft to see that. I agree though, this an incredibly great gesture to rookies and their families as well as an incredibly smart move to show the league that you're a class organization for future contract negotiations.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I still can't believe some people thought Pete's ideas and way of doing things would fail in the NFL.

Class all the way.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Someone has their thinking cap on.
Another example of our team breaking conventional wisdom thinking outside of the box.

Go Hawks.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Yay for Hawk Moms!

Everything the Seahawks have done the past few years is exactly how I'd hope my favorite franchise operates. We're in he midst of an epic era.

On a related note, can we get Paul Allen to set up a cloning facility to maintain a fresh supply of himself, Petes, Johns, Beasts, Russells, Harvins, Sherms, Earls, Wagners, etc...? That'd be greaaaat.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2brvj5nr said:
I still can't believe some people thought Pete's ideas and way of doing things would fail in the NFL.

Class all the way.

???
That's easy to say in hindsight...and 'some' people?! Replace that with 'the vast majority of people' to make that statment more accurate.

Pete's methods didn't show much promise in the NFL during his first AND second go 'rounds. One might say that he wasn't given much of a chance, which is accurate, but the body of evidence could neither prove nor disprove his ability to succeed in the NFL. Further, 'players coaches' historically have had a low success rate in the NFL. He said that his experience at USC better prepared him, but who could believe that before they saw the results?

I find it very 'believable' that people weren't optimistic about the hire. Erickson (player's coach) was successful at Miami, but we all know how well his methods translated to the NFL.

I'm soooo happy my doubts were proven wrong, as I'm sure a great many on this board are! Pete's figured out how to strike the right balance between being a player's coach and setting high standards, though I'm sure a lot of the necessary 'tough love' comes from carefully chosen assistants.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
This is a classy move by the entire organization. It sets the tone that this is family oriented organization and that these small things matter. It's impressive that while the main focus is on football, their still thinking of the small things to make this the best environment for the rooks as well as their families. A sign that the organization is firing on all cylinders at all levels.

bigcc

Reaction score
besides being a thoughtful gesture to help the players settle in, this is the kind of thing that players remember when their contract is up and one team is offering them a bit more than we can afford to offer.

mikeak

Reaction score
The smart thing with these things is that they can give you the discount in the next negotiation. Surely not millions less (I am not naive) but have the trust in the organization and agree on a contract structure etc that isn't as favorable as what was offered by other teams. Once you have the belief of players and families that you really are a family organization they will give you the benefit of a doubt.
Best of all this doesn't count against the cap :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
One of the things that made SF so great in the 90's was the fact that they treated their players well and created the sense the team would go the extra mile for their guys. Eddie Debartolo (sp) was exceptional at causing the team to think the team had their backs. This was a classy move by the Seahawks, and has created positive good will to start the careers of these young players. It's just part of the championship offseason we have seen so far.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jammer mentioned "championship offseason". I know Pete and Russell Wilson brought this up at the end of last year, but it's amazing.

Every part of this organization, from the UDFA's, to the vets, the coaching staff, FO, literally everything to bringing mothers in, is being pushed and worked towards a championship. It's hard to find one little thing that isn't being tweaked or looked at to improve.