Hawks Are a First Class Organization

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hawks Are a First Class Organization
Sun May 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Re: Hawks Are a First Class Organization
Sun May 12, 2013 6:11 pm
  • What an awesome thing to do! :th2thumbs:
    dbmack
    NET Starter

Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm
  • Wow! Nice!
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 pm
  • Maybe it seems like a small thing to some. I'm sure it's a drop in the bucket for Mr. Allen but it adds to the special feeling this team and organization has. I found the quotes from Seymours parents compelling....

“This is fantastic,” said Christine Seymour, who was accompanied by her husband, Mark. “We are just so blessed and appreciative that we can be part of this. I’m just so happy they brought us here to be part of this experience to share with our son and with the Seattle team and family.

“They’ve just made us feel a part of it.”

And from dad....

“It’s a quiet an investment to bring the families here, but it’s going to pay dividends,” Mark Seymour said. “When we found out, we were like, ‘Wow.’ I’d never heard of this before. Now we know, it’s not the standard. And I guess this organization is not that standard. And that’s a good thing.”

This coming from the parents of a late draft pick. It just shows that this organization is different and special in so many ways. For players, I'm sure they all add up.
    Landhawk1
    NET Rookie

Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm
  • That's pretty great. Props to the owner, the front office, the coaches, or whoever made this happen.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 pm
  • The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm
  • godawg wrote:The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.

I agree! The word will get around the NFL that Seattle is a First Class organization and treats their players accordingly! "What goes around....comes around."
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm
  • I think they've already succeeded in becoming a destination franchise. All you need to do is look at our free agency signings and the tweets Christine Michael was sending to Earl Thomas before the draft to see that. I agree though, this an incredibly great gesture to rookies and their families as well as an incredibly smart move to show the league that you're a class organization for future contract negotiations.
    HolyEffinMoses
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm
  • very cool!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 pm
  • I still can't believe some people thought Pete's ideas and way of doing things would fail in the NFL.

Class all the way.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon May 13, 2013 7:17 am
  • Someone has their thinking cap on.
    Another example of our team breaking conventional wisdom thinking outside of the box.

Go Hawks.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 am
  • Yay for Hawk Moms!

Everything the Seahawks have done the past few years is exactly how I'd hope my favorite franchise operates. We're in he midst of an epic era.

On a related note, can we get Paul Allen to set up a cloning facility to maintain a fresh supply of himself, Petes, Johns, Beasts, Russells, Harvins, Sherms, Earls, Wagners, etc...? That'd be greaaaat.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 7:54 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I still can't believe some people thought Pete's ideas and way of doing things would fail in the NFL.

Class all the way.

???
    That's easy to say in hindsight...and 'some' people?! Replace that with 'the vast majority of people' to make that statment more accurate.

Pete's methods didn't show much promise in the NFL during his first AND second go 'rounds. One might say that he wasn't given much of a chance, which is accurate, but the body of evidence could neither prove nor disprove his ability to succeed in the NFL. Further, 'players coaches' historically have had a low success rate in the NFL. He said that his experience at USC better prepared him, but who could believe that before they saw the results?

I find it very 'believable' that people weren't optimistic about the hire. Erickson (player's coach) was successful at Miami, but we all know how well his methods translated to the NFL.

I'm soooo happy my doubts were proven wrong, as I'm sure a great many on this board are! Pete's figured out how to strike the right balance between being a player's coach and setting high standards, though I'm sure a lot of the necessary 'tough love' comes from carefully chosen assistants.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am
  • This is a classy move by the entire organization. It sets the tone that this is family oriented organization and that these small things matter. It's impressive that while the main focus is on football, their still thinking of the small things to make this the best environment for the rooks as well as their families. A sign that the organization is firing on all cylinders at all levels.
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am
  • besides being a thoughtful gesture to help the players settle in, this is the kind of thing that players remember when their contract is up and one team is offering them a bit more than we can afford to offer.
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 am
  • The smart thing with these things is that they can give you the discount in the next negotiation. Surely not millions less (I am not naive) but have the trust in the organization and agree on a contract structure etc that isn't as favorable as what was offered by other teams. Once you have the belief of players and families that you really are a family organization they will give you the benefit of a doubt.
    Best of all this doesn't count against the cap :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 am
  • Man thats great what a cool thing to do.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

Mon May 13, 2013 11:17 am
  • One of the things that made SF so great in the 90's was the fact that they treated their players well and created the sense the team would go the extra mile for their guys. Eddie Debartolo (sp) was exceptional at causing the team to think the team had their backs. This was a classy move by the Seahawks, and has created positive good will to start the careers of these young players. It's just part of the championship offseason we have seen so far.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 am
  • Jammer mentioned "championship offseason". I know Pete and Russell Wilson brought this up at the end of last year, but it's amazing.

Every part of this organization, from the UDFA's, to the vets, the coaching staff, FO, literally everything to bringing mothers in, is being pushed and worked towards a championship. It's hard to find one little thing that isn't being tweaked or looked at to improve.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 1:03 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    godawg wrote:The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.

I agree! The word will get around the NFL that Seattle is a First Class organization and treats their players accordingly! "What goes around....comes around."

I also agree, very classy move.. It truly shows this organization cares about its family.

But just to play devils advocate.. I am also a huge Vancouver canucks fan..
    and about 5 years ago the Organization started winning it's players over with all the little extras (bringing players family's on road trips, starting new charities in players names) also attracting New Free agents by (upgrades to Dressing Room, training facilities, travel , sleep doctors, dietitians, etc... and of course $$$$$ )

it all started out great.. about 2-3 seasons into this new team philosophy, the team was gelling quickly and FA wanted to be here, but over the past 2 years we have seen the decline of passion, urgency and heart.

Now the CORE players are more like pampered princess's, with No Drive, NO HUNGER, and most importantly they are To Safe !! Not Fighting to Keep a place in the line up.

I know this isn't hockey but I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening with the Seahawks..
    I Bleed Blue/Green/White
    Seattle Seahawks/Vancouver Canucks
    Always tuned into Covino & Rich (Sirius XM 104 - 9AM - 1 PM)
    seahawkcanuck
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 13, 2013 1:51 pm
  • there is a difference between running a first class operation where everything is sought to be improved upon and pampering athletes to the point of self entitlement. here players that perform well (i.e: demonstrate they can compete) are rewarded with big contracts but are quickly discarded if they don't live up to to those contracts. WR- Mike Williams is an example of player who became complacent or who couldn't keep his competitive edge.

Your point is taken as understood but somehow I don't think JS or PC would tolerate divas here. Moves would be made, the player moved out. One thing is clear the team expects competition from everyone here and if it isn't there this isn't the place for the player or coach.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm
  • seahawkcanuck wrote:...but over the past 2 years we have seen the decline of passion, urgency and heart.

Now the CORE players are more like pampered princess's, with No Drive, NO HUNGER, and most importantly they are To Safe !! Not Fighting to Keep a place in the line up.

I know this isn't hockey but I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening with the Seahawks..

Do you seriously think ANYONE in this organization is going to abandon the "Always Compete" philosophy? What you just describe was far more likely to happen under Holmgren that it is to ever happen under Carroll.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon May 13, 2013 2:11 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:there is a difference between running a first class operation where everything is sought to be improved upon and pampering athletes to the point of self entitlement. here players that perform well (i.e: demonstrate they can compete) are rewarded with big contracts but are quickly discarded if they don't live up to to those contracts. WR- Mike Williams is an example of player who became complacent or who couldn't keep his competitive edge.

Your point is taken as understood but somehow I don't think JS or PC would tolerate divas here. Moves would be made, the player moved out. One thing is clear the team expects competition from everyone here and if it isn't there this isn't the place for the player or coach.

without a shadow of a doubt, PC wouldn't let that happen.. As a Coach you could not ask for a better and more motivating guy.
    and with the entire team buying into his "always Compete" mentality .. (just wish the canucks had a PC)

And JS has down nothing short of a perfect job in the off season (on paper) See a Need Fill a need is an understatement..

Thats why i said "I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening"
    (focusing on the extras the organizations are giving their players)

Comparing 1 sport to another is very hard to do.. yet its just the observations i noticed.
    I Bleed Blue/Green/White
    Seattle Seahawks/Vancouver Canucks
    Always tuned into Covino & Rich (Sirius XM 104 - 9AM - 1 PM)
    seahawkcanuck
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 13, 2013 3:00 pm
  • That's cool of the Hawks to do for the players and families. Rams also did this with their rookies.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 pm
  • Couple cool tweets about the program today:

Matt Austin‏@ANS_Matt_Austin
    This team is a real team they help out in any way they can n the players care about each other !Makes things easier and better to b around

Zach Miller‏@ZachMiller86
    Look what I found in my locker today. So happy to be part of such a great organization @Seahawks #RemiKaydence

DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information