Greetings Mr Goodell

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Greetings Mr Goodell
Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Welcome Mr. Goodell and what is with your emails from nlf.com the point system on the site is joke too.
    GO HAWKS
    CHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Edit: never mind don't want to encourage trolls.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Sat May 11, 2013 3:24 pm
  • This sounds like the biggest troll attempt ever. How does one confirm th true identity of anybody on here? U guys notified of his true IP?
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:This sounds like the biggest troll attempt ever. How does one confirm th true identity of anybody on here? U guys notified of his true IP?

Don't be jelous
    GO HAWKS
    CHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:This sounds like the biggest troll attempt ever. How does one confirm th true identity of anybody on here? U guys notified of his true IP?

Are you saying that Niner fans are insulted that he might come here before checking in with you?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 3:29 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:He is definitely better than David Stern. I'll give him that.

The rest of my opinion shall be reserved for the Shack!

Shwerd
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 11, 2013 3:32 pm
  • What the hell is going on
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:38 pm
  • Welcome, boss.

I'm still pissed about the new scheduling rules you passed a few years ago. The ones that prevent east coast teams from traveling west more than twice per year. The Pittsburgh Steelers last played in Seattle in 2003.

2003, Roger. 2003. While the Hawks have five 10AM starts this season.

:shock:
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:What the hell is going on
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:This sounds like the biggest troll attempt ever. How does one confirm th true identity of anybody on here? U guys notified of his true IP?

Are you saying that Niner fans are insulted that he might come here before checking in with you?

No and that just sounds rediculous.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 pm
  • The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Direct communication, not stupid subjective crap like IP's. Check out who he follows on twitter and you'll see that of the 178 people, one is @Rockhawk enabling DM's.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sat May 11, 2013 4:58 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.

The chances he did so just to give props to the second largest Seahawks website owned and run by NFL fans? Better than zero.

Of course I'm in no way stating he's a regular here, and may have only seen us once or twice, but the fact that he made a point to reach out to me just to give us props was very cool. Thus, the welcome message.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:This sounds like the biggest troll attempt ever. How does one confirm th true identity of anybody on here? U guys notified of his true IP?

Check out who he follows on twitter and you'll see that of the 178 people, one is @Rockhawk enabling DM's.

This checks out. Impressive, sir.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Welcome Roger! Hope someday you'll consider Seattle a viable spot for hosting a Superbowl. It doesn't get colder than New Jersey in February (just a suggestion).

That's awesome, kudos to the Rockhawk and team here. Great site and I'm glad that NFL execs like Roger Goodell are checking it out!
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 5:15 pm
  • Welcome Mr. Goodell. I would find your perspective fascinating. Not that you'd ever post here, but just the point of view from the top of the NFL is very interesting. That being said:

How the hell did the NFL fine Golden Tate for that block ? That was about as clean as you ever get. Then, in the same game, Robert Turbin had the same play and decleated Demarcus Ware, but no flag was even thrown. Probably because Ware didn't get hurt. So when we going to bust the flags out and just stop tackling at all ?

That and like Jazz said, the scheduling leaves something to be desired. If, through the schedule, you're going to have a West Coast team travel out East more than 3 times, the least you could do is see to it at least half of them end up being later games. That is all.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm
  • Mr. G,

Don't just lurk, SAY Somethin'...
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 6:19 pm
  • Rocket wrote:Mr. G,

Don't just lurk, SAY Somethin'...

That will be the DAY!!!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 6:48 pm
  • Welcome Mr. Goodell.
    Props to Rockhawk for keeping a semi sane NFL message board that would attract that kind of attention.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 7:02 pm
  • Definitely better than Stern. My sig says so, therefore it must be true.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm
  • Welcome Mr. Goodell. Please rethink your scheduling policy concerning West teams traveling to the EST timezone.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.

The chances he did so just to give props to the second largest Seahawks website owned and run by NFL fans? Better than zero.

Of course I'm in no way stating he's a regular here, and may have only seen us once or twice, but the fact that he made a point to reach out to me just to give us props was very cool. Thus, the welcome message.

Not to be off topic but what seahawk board is larger than .net?

P.S.

Hey Rog, glad to have you aboard. It would be cool to get the perspective from the top of the NFL on such matters every now and then.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Fudwamper wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.

P.S.

Hey Rog, glad to have you aboard. It would be cool to get the perspective from the top of the NFL on such matters every now and then.

I'm not certain, but I think he was referring to seahawks.com. He said 2nd biggest website, not forum. And threw in the fact that we're run by fans. At least that's the way I read it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 pm
  • Welcome to .net Mr. Goodell...I'm sure you have a thick skin being in your line of work.

I agree with everyone who posted regarding the team traveling east to play at 10AM it just doesn't play into keeping the game competitive when the guys are half awake. If the Steelers can catch a break traveling West then the Seahawks should be able to catch a break traveling East to play at a decent hour. That is all.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 pm
  • Cool, hopefully you guys get the chance to pass on some suggestions that he considers that need to be addressed.

By the way, what's his username?
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm
  • I wonder if Goodell visits ExtremeSkins.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 9:43 pm
  • Welcome, Commissioner, I really really really love paying full price for two worthless preseason games a year, and echo everything else people have said about the scheduling.
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Please say it ain't so. What do you say to someone who never thinks they've made a bad decision? I guess you ask a question... Do you actually have a strategy for improving the game and the marketability of the game or do you just wing it as it comes? Guess I'll just put my blinders on and wait for the answer to my question that won't be answered because.. That's what Goodell would do.

Welcome to .net Goodell
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 10:18 pm

• Let my people go!

Also, can you somehow just get rid of SF fans? That'd be greeeeat.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:Welcome, boss.

I'm still pissed about the new scheduling rules you passed a few years ago. The ones that prevent east coast teams from traveling west more than twice per year. The Pittsburgh Steelers last played in Seattle in 2003.

2003, Roger. 2003. While the Hawks have five 10AM starts this season.

:shock:

Exactly this.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 pm
  • This is actually pretty cool. I mean at least that means Roger has actually perused what the fans of his sport are saying and thinking, unlike his NBA counterpart who only cares about what will make him look good in the public eye.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 1:54 am
  • Needs to keep up on the news from a source that breaks and predicts a lot of it as well as compiles it all in one place :)

Welcome to the fans point of view Roger and enjoy your stay, glad you have the intelligence to see what the fans think and feel and just don't beleive everything told to you in meetings.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun May 12, 2013 4:22 am
  • Fudwamper wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:

P.S.

I'm going to take a guess here and imagine hits per day/week/month here are pretty close to Seahawks.com. I'm pretty sure not many fan based sites can say that about their site compared to their teams NFL site.

Also many fan based sites main forums are rugby games with fewer rules.

There are many here that think we are to strict about our conversatons on the main forum but doing that seems to have smoothed the waters between us and our NFL site. The NFL made it clear several years ago they wished ANY information about an NFL team come only through an approved venue of their choosing. If they have backed off even a little from that stance its good for us.

Perhaps as more and more people get their football information electronically they will have to rethink the blind eye they have viewed us with in past years. Things work slowly through giant corporations. Remember how long it took to allow players to have access to water during training camps. That attitude was only removed within the last few years.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 am
  • :2:

Hello, I would like to request that you examine the records of teams from the west coast travelling east.

Go back at least a decade.

Then, fix this travesty.

Thanks for reading.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 12, 2013 7:10 am
  • If this thread is archive bound, I should probably post something witty and clever.

Sorry to disappoint.

Welcome to .NET Commish.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sun May 12, 2013 7:38 am
  • Hi Mr. Goodell.

Your father was a great man, and I appreciate him standing up for my civil rights and the rights of vets in Vietnam.

Therefore, I won't bash you. However, about auto-flags on hard hits, gimping the ability of running backs to lower their shoulders, league scheduling for the Seahawks and getting a Super Bowl up here...
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:He is definitely better than David Stern. I'll give him that.

The rest of my opinion shall be reserved for the Shack!

Goodell is Winston Churchill compared to that tool Stern.

Whatever you feel about Goodell the NFL has turned into a fiscal and social powerhouse under his watch, and the moves he's making (ill-conceived or not) towards increasing player safety have mitigated a growing PR nightmare (are we even talking about long term effects of concussions anymore).

Not to say you’re not suspect Goodell, but it's really hard to find fault from a league and ownership perspective in the moves you make.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 am
  • By "reads .net", do you mean Goodell "reads regularly once a week in detail, in order to gauge fan opinions" or "glanced at it once for ten seconds"? I'm guessing it's the latter.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 am
  • I personally think he shoud practically hand us a SB, I swear I'll celebrate it like it was legit!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 12, 2013 9:34 am
  • Greetings, Führer!

I'd much appreciate having a few words with you in my office, the Smack Shack. You may leave your gloves at the door, we won't be needing them... :thfight7:

:0190l:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 am
  • Hey Rog! Welcome! This is an awesome place for football-loving regular Joes like us.

Now if you ever need to talk, vent, or cry on a shoulder, you know where to find me. I totally understand the pressure and scrutiny you face on a daily basis. And while you have a hard job, look on the bright side: at least you don't have to compete against the teams in your league.

As a longtime commissioner of fantasy football leagues I have to enforce league rules, levy fines, create favorable schedules for east coast teams AND try to kick virtual ass on the virtual football field. But even though my job is more demanding, please don't be intimidated. Pop in now and then to share how your job is going. And don't be shy about asking advice. When it comes to high-stakes commissioning... been there done that, good buddy! :th2thumbs:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 11:24 am
  • Roger,

Welcome to .net and thanks for the kudos. It's nice to get validation of what a great community we have here. Our membership should take pride in how they represent the 12s online being recognized.

P.S. seriously rog, the schedulng bias towards eastern time zone teams sucks. Could you please check into that for us and see what you can do?

Thanks and best wishes,

-s
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:... I have to enforce league rules, levy fines, create favorable schedules for east coast teams

Hillarious
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Also... some advice... Need to restructure the league... Salt Lake City and Toronto are prime targets for an NFL team. Jacksonville's market has been chewed up by Tampa, Miami and Atlanta, but the entire Salt Lake Basin is a scattered group of fans that would rally behind a team in that region, which would probably include a ton of support from Boise and Western Montana. Not to be theocratic, but a Salt Lake City team would also land the Mormon Church. Salt Lake City could sustain a fanbase for an NFL team that doesn't negatively effect other team's markets, unlike Jacksonville trying to move in on the Tampa and Miami fanbases that were already established. I also hear Jaguars have been found in Southern Utah from time to time.

Buffalo needs to move to Toronto. Time to get an NFL team in Canada and capture a large part of the Canadian market the NFL hasn't been able to land. Toronto's close enough to Buffalo that Buffalo fans would still make the trip to see a Bills game because Buffalo and Toronto are really close together. You don't lose too much of the Buffalo fanbase and you gain a huge fanbase in Eastern Canada. Any of the remaining Bills fanbase lost in the move would be absorbed by the Steelers and Browns. The Western Canada fanbase will still belong to the Southwestern Canadian Team, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Central Canadian fanbase will still belong to the Packers.

Is it me or does this just seem too logical for the NFL to do? Get it done and forget about L.A. That fanbase is already shelling out a crapload of money for the Chargers, Niners and Raiders. No need to go screw that up with a new team.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm
  • firebee wrote:...the entire Salt Lake Basin is a scattered group of fans that would rally behind a team in that region, which would probably include a ton of support from Boise and Western Montana.

You do realize that much absentee support in that region goes to the Seahawks, right?
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun May 12, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Along with Denver, Oakland, Phoenix and San Francisco. We have a good number of fans in that region, but we in no way dominate that market. No team dominates that market because it's a largely untapped market by the NFL. The only football teams that really have that market are college football teams because it's a scattered split market with little fervor for the NFL. If Salt Lake City was a place where one or two of the NFL teams captured a predominant part of the market and generated a substantial amount of revenue for one of two of those teams, it would be a different story. Reality is.. It's a big college football market with a thin fanbase dedicated to 4 NFL teams when it could be a region that generates a much more avid fanbase for the team that's placed there along, which generates much more revenue than the thinned out and split up fanbase currently occupying that region.

Also... The only way to end East Coast Bias is by shifting the NFL's market West.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    firebee wrote:...the entire Salt Lake Basin is a scattered group of fans that would rally behind a team in that region, which would probably include a ton of support from Boise and Western Montana.

You do realize that much absentee support in that region goes to the Seahawks, right?

I've met maybe 20 Seahawk fans in Utah. I'm sure there are many more in Montana and Idaho. Utah is a fair weather state in terms of fandom. Lots of Steeler fans, Niner fans, and Cowboy fans. After the Saints won it all, people were sporting Brees jerseys all over--and I'm not sure I'd ever seen saints paraphernalia prior to that around here.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm
  • If Goodell really does visit then he probably already knows I think he's a jackass.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 6:38 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    firebee wrote:...the entire Salt Lake Basin is a scattered group of fans that would rally behind a team in that region, which would probably include a ton of support from Boise and Western Montana.

Give him a break he forgot to use the sarcasm smiley, I almost think RH should have invented/put a sarcasm icon on this entire thread. :stirthepot:
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Welcome Commissioner Goodell!

Honestly, I love your work and think you're doing an amazing job and further enhancing the league on earth! Don't by shy now

PS we would love some more SNF later in the season! :D
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information