It's a sobering reminder about expectations.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'll have to disagree with you Les. I watched Billygoats power rankings all last year. He went on a six week binge of barely notching the Hawks up after wins because he is in love with ARod and cried over the fail mary, while ignoring that ARod was gifted a TD himself in the game. Out of the playoff teams in his week 17 ranking, he took the Hawks out of 4th and ranked them last among playoff teams with the epithet they couldn't win on the road and were a surefire one and done. Maker his words.

That he's more equitable covering games so he doesn't anger fanbases than he is playing to big market bias in his national articles surprises me little, they didn't hire him to get emails from enraged fans after games.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• They're talking heads...what do they know? :roll:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• I don't need reassurance from talking heads to decide whether or not we are a championship caliber team. Every fan on this board knows everything we need to know about our team to set our expectations. The team has made itself accountable to it by calling this offseason the "Championship Offseason". If you filter out the noise we see a team that went 12-6 last season winning 8 of its last 10 games. All losses were only by a touchdown or less. We did not face a single team that separated themselves as clearly the better team. Then we got better, yes better in the offseason. Our coach, manager and roster are a solid "A" grade. Think what you want but its an "A". We've watched this team grow, we've seen it turn the corner and its made believers out of us. All the info I need to know is infront of my eyes.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• rastahawk wrote:I don't need reassurance from talking heads to decide whether or not we are a championship caliber team. Every fan on this board knows everything we need to know about our team to set our expectations. The team has made itself accountable to it by calling this offseason the "Championship Offseason". If you filter out the noise we see a team that went 12-6 last season winning 8 of its last 10 games. All losses were only by a touchdown or less. We did not face a single team that separated themselves as clearly the better team. Then we got better, yes better in the offseason. Our coach, manager and roster are a solid "A" grade. Think what you want but its an "A". We've watched this team grow, we've seen it turn the corner and its made believers out of us. All the info I need to know is infront of my eyes.

Well said Rastahawk! :th2thumbs:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• I'd be very leery about including every fan....given I am just a girl, an ordinary girl just an original model girl ......:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Sounds good Rasta, but the OP was talking about the beginning of last year. So the actual season last year hadn't happened when the video was done. Not sure how your comments applies to the OP's cautionary tale about making rash statements that can come back to haunt you?

Maybe you were just using the fallout from the Billick bash as an opportunity to offer your forward looking post?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information