It's a sobering reminder about expectations.

Shock2k

Reaction score
http://prod.www.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/ ... fb1a37ff10

With Couch B talking about a bad draft, and an "non-factor" third round QB to Dukes talking about the defensive numbers being on the high side due to poor competition in the division. It's a sobering reminder of how they can get it so wrong. I wouldn't go as far as mocking them though, because now we have season of incredibly high expectations. Are we going to be right about this season come next January? (Of course we are!)

GO HAWKS!

tooshort

Reaction score
grrrr.....stab,rinse,repeat

*edit* sorry for the murderous tone, ,but, Brian Billick is my most hated member of sports media. His commentary reminds me of the call I received today where I answered with the customary work greeting, then told the caller my name, then re-iterated the business name and my name and after being asked "are you there?" three times I was told... "I just wasn't sure, when you weren't talking, I couldn't hear you"

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the people who make accurate predictions tend not to make it to that big of a platform for expressing their predictions. More of us than not tune in for boldness and simplicity and not accuracy.

drdiags

Reaction score
Billick and Dukes were pretty consistent the past few years regarding the Seahawks. Neither has been very high on the team, with Billick eventually muting his criticisms late last year. Dukes has always been of the ilk that the NFC East and North were the lynchpin of NFC. Waddle was another non-Seahawks believer who like many is just waiting for them to slip or stumble. While many of our fans are counting consecutive superbowl wins, these guys reflect a simmering backlash hoping to scream fraud.

The team had just come off a second 7-9 season. They had a late run but nationally most saw those late victories as the Eagles stinking or the Bears without Cutler. Flynn was an unknown and when talk of a 3rd round pick possibly being the starter, talking heads began the Pete is on a hot seat rumble.

I am sure they were not castigated about their observations at the time. To say anything positive back then would have gotten more criticism than they would have wanted to face. It was an easy stand to take at the time. Only die-hards thought the team was on the upswing, because they saw what was happening throughout the team. That is why folks were going suicidal when Wilson was named starter, most fans thought the defense was a top-tier defense that could rule the day if only the QB could keep from blowing it.

I want those type of analysts to stay right on the other side of the fence. Your team is usually better off when these jokers aren't blowing smoke up their rear.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
tooshort":291pqhqj said:

*edit* sorry for the murderous tone, ,but, Brian Billick is my most hated member of sports media. His commentary reminds me of the call I received today where I answered with the customary work greeting, then told the caller my name, then re-iterated the business name and my name and after being asked "are you there?" three times I was told... "I just wasn't sure, when you weren't talking, I couldn't hear you"
Welcome to Jo's world .

tooshort

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1uc7ifms said:
tooshort":1uc7ifms said:

Welcome to Jo's world .

Still better than "Billick's World" where phrases like "bang bang play" are cool new terms to pontificate about aimlessly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
tooshort":7yll4bn6 said:
KCHawkGirl":7yll4bn6 said:
tooshort":7yll4bn6 said:

Welcome to Jo's world .

Still better than "Billick's World" where phrases like "bang bang play" are cool new terms to pontificate about aimlessly.
True dat.:)

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
drdiags":2g5h8ezu said:
Billick and Dukes were pretty consistent the past few years regarding the Seahawks. Neither has been very high on the team, with Billick eventually muting his criticisms late last year. Dukes has always been of the ilk that the NFC East and North were the lynchpin of NFC. Waddle was another non-Seahawks believer who like many is just waiting for them to slip or stumble. While many of our fans are counting consecutive superbowl wins, these guys reflect a simmering backlash hoping to scream fraud.

The team had just come off a second 7-9 season. They had a late run but nationally most saw those late victories as the Eagles stinking or the Bears without Cutler. Flynn was an unknown and when talk of a 3rd round pick possibly being the starter, talking heads began the Pete is on a hot seat rumble.

I am sure they were not castigated about their observations at the time. To say anything positive back then would have gotten more criticism than they would have wanted to face. It was an easy stand to take at the time. Only die-hards thought the team was on the upswing, because they saw what was happening throughout the team. That is why folks were going suicidal when Wilson was named starter, most fans thought the defense was a top-tier defense that could rule the day if only the QB could keep from blowing it.

I want those type of analysts to stay right on the other side of the fence. Your team is usually better off when these jokers aren't blowing smoke up their rear.

So true.

I wasn't very high on the Seahawks last off season. I was irritated at Pete Carroll that he was allowing a controversy with this third round upstart when we paid 12 mil to Flynn. But, that's why I build clouds, not football teams.

With that said my point is I'm not allowing myself (real) unreasonable expectations this year. I finished watching the last 5 games including the playoffs, and it was clear from Arizona on, that teams started attacking the middle of the field against us. I'm hoping that 1 more year of experience in our linebacking core, and the addition of Winfield married with a much better pass rush will go a long way to resolve some of the problems. (Yes, I know, #1 points allowed in the NFL, but higher expectations are good)

Not to mention a weakening of the run defense. I mean the Falcon's with Michael Turner putting 164 yards on the ground against us... sheesh. I'm hoping not to see that again this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's a new year and you damn well know that only wi the best we have will be on this team in 2013. Rookie, UFDA or camp invitee.

Seriously I think we will see a serious variation of last year's scheme. Just a feeling but I can't believe Pete doesn't have a plan for this defense.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":2up1ebjs said:

James you really need to stop with this nonsense of being level-headed all the time. Don't you know you frequent an NFL team forum?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Never thought all that much of the Billygoat. For all that "Superbowl winning coach" hype they introduce him with...every time I watch the man make original predictions/educated guesses/analysis sure enough you can bet money on the exact opposite, from the big things down to the littlest. I'm convinced he just rode his DC and a great defense to Superbowl, he was hired because he was an offensive coach and never succeeded in building an offense in Baltimore. Not surprised.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2zczwxt3 said:
It's a new year and you damn well know that only wi the best we have will be on this team in 2013. Rookie, UFDA or camp invitee.

Seriously I think we will see a serious variation of last year's scheme. Just a feeling but I can't believe Pete doesn't have a plan for this defense.

Completely agree, I have full faith in Pete and his staff. Even during the Redskins/Falcons games, they were quick to make adjustments. Watching those last games, you could kind of see what they were going for in free agency and the draft.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
billick should start his own show called "non factor".

Russell-Wilson.jpg

BlueTalon

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2b2n5n8u said:
tooshort":2b2n5n8u said:

Welcome to Jo's world .
:34853_doh: People are idiots.

drdiags

Reaction score
Aros":axexifqm said:
James you really need to stop with this nonsense of being level-headed all the time. Don't you know you frequent an NFL team forum?

I need to try those trust techniques where you close your eyes and fall forward expecting another to catch you. I am like my boy in Top Gun. I am holding on too tight, I lost the edge ... :p

:thirishdrinkers:

The Radish

Reaction score
Yes all the talking heads early last year had us down as "lost in the ages" catagory.

But I have to say games Billick did with the Seahawks for the most part been very supportive of our team and what that were trying to do. Tho not blessed with the most interesting of voices Billick knows football and isn't a bit shy about saying when and why the officials screwed the pooch and the same for teams and coaches.

In fact I think he has better knowledge of pro football than our own posters.

He isn't shy about showing screwups by either team or officials during the game. I find his knowledge about the game refreshing compared to other people that do game commendable

These guys have to deal with different teams/players every week and Billick seems to be in the top half of those that try to learn those names in advance.

I'll take Billick over many we've had through the years.

:les:

tooshort

Reaction score
The Radish":1fakl2hl said:
Yes all the talking heads early last year had us down as "lost in the ages" catagory.

But I have to say games Billick did with the Seahawks for the most part been very supportive of our team and what that were trying to do. Tho not blessed with the most interesting of voices Billick knows football and isn't a bit shy about saying when and why the officials screwed the pooch and the same for teams and coaches.

In fact I think he has better knowledge of pro football than our own posters.

He isn't shy about showing screwups by either team or officials during the game. I find his knowledge about the game refreshing compared to other people that do game commendable

These guys have to deal with different teams/players every week and Billick seems to be in the top half of those that try to learn those names in advance.

I'll take Billick over many we've had through the years.

:les:

Les,

Someone (I understand how google search works, but still can't find it) needs to post the "bang bang play" clip from Hawks at Cards 2011 where my Billick hate began..

It went something like:

color commentator "wow, that was a bang bang play"

Brian Billick "Bang Bang play???? I've never heard that term before and I doubt the viewing audience has either..could you please explain that to us!?!?"