2 tryout players signed-LEO- Mayowa, TE- Marshall

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/05/13/vic ... wa-signed/
    Tight end Victor Marshall and defensive end Benson Mayowa, who participated in the Seahawks’ rookie minicamp over the weekend on a tryout basis, were signed today, the team announced.

Rookie linebacker Ramon Buchanan, who was signed as a free agent after the NFL Draft, was released.

Mayowa is pretty athletic, but never hit his potential at IDAHO. That can be partly blamed on the sub-standard coaching he received. I think he could be a good developmental LEO to stash on the practice squad to develop further.

As an Idaho fan -assuming he sticks around into fall camp, it will be fun to watch Toomer and Mayowa in the preseason games this AUG.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Pete mentioned a kid from Idaho being impressive in his presser yesterday. That must be him.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Congrats to those two guys!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• No rock left unturned.....
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:Pete mentioned a kid from Idaho being impressive in his presser yesterday. That must be him.

It is. Pete called him by his first name, Benson, in the presser.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• That's cool. He must show crazy quickness, 'cause he's listed at 6'3" 236 lbs. That's about Kam size!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Funny you metion that because I've always thought Kam would be a wicked LEO in certain situations.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Ha! I wouldn't put it past him. His QB hits would be nasty!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I'm a Vandal, loved Benson's athleticism, remember watching him as a freshman and thinking, this guy is gonna be great...I believe our coaching staff let this young man down, and am stoked he is going to get his shot to be a Hawk.
    Timmahawk
    NET Starter

• I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho go go go!
    CDAseahawk
    NET Rookie

• Went to high school with Victor Marsall. Dude was super fast on the track. He also used to be skinny as a toothpick, but im guessing he's put on some muscle in the past six years. Juanita High School has 2 guys on the Seahawks, this is rad.
    noflyzone
    NET Practice Squad

Victor was also named Class 4-A All-Kingco First Team as a wide receiver during his senior year for the Juanita Rebels. He caught 29 balls in eight games for 633 yards and five touchdowns that year from then-quarterback Bryan Walters – that’s the same Bryan Walters that is now a wide receiver on the Seahawks roster.

Nice background story on a couple of kids working to beat the odds and make the team. :th2thumbs: at seahawks.com
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information