Christine Michael's first day of camp (.com article)

Tical21

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Promising. Millen said though today that Michael wasn't as quick and impressive as he had hoped. Can't wait to see him for myself.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I really like his interview. He seems to have his mind in the right place. Carroll by the way said he performed well.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tical21":1riq2jm0 said:
Hmmmm. Promising. Millen said though today that Michael wasn't as quick and impressive as he had hoped. Can't wait to see him for myself.

Because Millens never wrong right? ;)

McG

Reaction score
Throwdown":288qh4pq said:
Tical21":288qh4pq said:

Because Millens never wrong right? ;)

Name one thing Millen has been right about.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Millen lost much of whatever credibility he had after the failure to follow up on eating his mic.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
If you had watched NFL AM this morning you would know that unlike SF we have no backups for Lynch. It was a truly headshaker statement. In fairness, the discussion was over who would be more likely to regress, Kaep or Wilson, and they all pretty much said they did not believe either would regress.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":1ds2fedt said:
Millen is a hater screw him.

firebee

Reaction score
I like that we have 2 guys capable of competing as starters in Michael and Turbin, expecially with Lynch's DUII case pending this June, which will inevitably lead to some sort of suspension. My only concern with Michael is keeping him healthy and not letting injuries chip away at him anymore than they already have. I wouldn't count out Spencer Ware either, but I'm getting the impression he's going to be learning from Michael Robinson and competing at FB more than HB.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
#1 thing for me is that the competition philosophy & positive vibe are transferring flawlessly, even strengthening, with each draft class.

Also, Millen should just get it over with and legally change his name to Grumpy Gus. That guy talks way too much about what he does not like.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Tical21":15onterd said:

You mean the same guy that called Wilson "teacher's pet" for working overtime last year? Who gives a flying %^&* what that ignorant blowhard has to say. Dude is still bitter about his buddy being fired and it taints almost every opinion he has.

Tical21

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Hugh Millen is right 99% of the time, and knows 27 times more about X's and O's than any other media type in the area, sans Holmgren. But Brock Huard is much better.

I agreed with him on Wilson at first also. When however many short QB's have come into the league and none have been successful, you're going to say the odds are ridiculously against him. He has since admitted that Wilson has been playing much better than anticipated. He was foolish with how brash he was with the statement, but at least he was willing to put it out there. Now all the Hawk fans are butthurt because he dare take an unpopular opinion about the chosen one.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
99% of the time? Really? Good luck trying to prove that one.

Look, I'll admit that Millen knows his stuff and there were plenty of reasons to be skeptical about Wilson last year, but he lost me completely with that "teacher's pet" crack. Millen is a smart man but when this team doesn't do what HE thinks it should do he turns into a sanctimonious prick, and that taints his reporting. So yeah, I take his comments with a grain of salt these days.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Clare will find a career in homoerotic writing when his time ends with the hawks. Glad he took so much enjoyment out of Michael's 'sweat glistening arms'.

On Topic I think this guy's going to make a 2nd round worthy impact this year. As much of a beast as Marshawn is, I'm not convinced he'll be available for all the games, regardless of the DUI outcome. I seek solace in the fact we have two young and hungry running backs as well as Harvin to split time there.

TwilightError

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3rymobim said:
Maybe Clare will find a career in homoerotic writing when his time ends with the hawks. Glad he took so much enjoyment out of Michael's 'sweat glistening arms.

I stopped reading after the first paragraph cause a gay novel was not what I was looking for right now. But glad to hear my adopt a rookie is raising some eyebrows!

Mick063

Reaction score
Schneider or Millen?

Millen or Schneider?

So very difficult to know which person to believe.

I'll go with Schneider.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement on the field I think for a few weeks and see how the new kids perform once they get over the awe of being in a NFL camp and also once they get their feet under them and playbook and team regulars around them. Nobody goes as fast and full speed while they are learning stuff also.