SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)

SE174

Reaction score
Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers

In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SE174":3jhquydt said:
Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers

In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."
Haha I'd pay to have been there

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Wiseguy":xjfr7qnm said:
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

Close enough?

Jim-Harbaugh.jpg

hawk45

Reaction score
Wonder if Harb's inner monologue had some "make it stop" in it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
As amazing as the CLink or Carlow East were on that night, I can only imagine the greatness that was that night for that guy.

Make it stop! Make it stop!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I literallyl almost spewed my drink all over my keyboard when I read that on nfl.com.

I also would've paid to have been there and seen that.

hawker84

Reaction score
That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

NinerBuff

Reaction score
hawker84":2thjfuid said:
That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rix98":1d8ibr9w said:
As a 49er fan I find that hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

He's a total goofball. Have you seen the pick where he tucks in an inside-out sweatshirt into his shorts? I mean, who does that? Only Harbaugh.