Going to every game this season

NYCoug

Reaction score
I know bestfightstory had a thread going earlier this offseason about whether or not anyone was planning on going to ALL of the games this season. After a move to Brooklyn from my native Queens, a tough move no doubt, but one that saves me a bunch when it comes to rent. Plus, Brooklyn's pretty cool too and I can't lie, I've got a sick place now with a nice backyard for cookouts and stuff. Something I didn't have before. On top of that, I got promoted to manager at my job (bar/restaurant), which means more $. Throw in the $ I was saving in order to put a bet on the Hawks this year and you've got endless possibilities. Especially since betting on the Hawks might not even be worth it at this point. I'll still throw a bet down on them but that's only because I KNOW they're going to win it all this year, not for the money.

What I'm gonna be doing with the rest of that money is living the dream and going to every game on the schedule. No preseason, I'm not balling like that, but I'm going to try and make it out for Training Camp once as well. I've already got my schedule at work figured out (Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat Brunch, ends at 3:30) and I'll work the week and then travel on Saturday night. My cousin is a manager at a Marriott here in NYC, so I can use her friends and family benefit and only pay 35 bucks for a hotel. I'm not the biggest fan of flying, so in cases where I can take a bus or a train for cheaper, I will. I'm contemplating whether or not I want to fly to Charlotte or take a 15 hour bus ride for $40 round trip instead. Whatever, the logistics don't matter, what does is that I'll be there every step of the way this year.

A dream of mine has always been to make a movie or produce a movie or something along those lines. For that reason, I'll be bringing a camera around with me and filming some of my travels. I already have some ideas for movie names and how I'd want the end product to look. I love checking out the nightlife of a new city when I travel. Love that feeling of seeing how, as people, we're pretty much the same when it comes to partying. The drink of choice might be different, and the music playing might be as well, but at the end of the day everybody's looking to have a good time. Plus, I'll be trying to talk to as many Hawks fans along the way as possible. That's the part of the trips that I'm looking forward to the most. The other crazy Hawks fans that I'm bound to meet at every single game. And I love meeting new people, especially Hawks fans, so if anyone wants to meet up before a game or if there's a .Net gathering going down you know I'm down.

Plus, I think a diehard Hawks fan from NYC following his team around because he knows this is the year, only to have the Super Bowl be back home in NY (Jersey) would be a pretty sick sports documentary that Hawks fans would want to see. Screw everyone else. This would be just for us.

Is anybody else thinking about doing this? I figure I'm 26, I might have time in the future to do this, but right now this is my best chance to do it now. The future is not guaranteed. Anybody else giving it thought?

Go Hawks!

Pstark3

Reaction score
Thats actually pretty awesome. Would make your movie 100x more awesome if we win it all too

12thMode

Reaction score
That is pretty awesome NYCoug, I wish you the best of luck on this! I would love to be able to do something like this some day. My wish right now is to be able to catch an away game. Maybe I will get a chance to see you at training camp so I can be part of this epic Superbowl bound video! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Pstark3":ptsdw3o8 said:
Thats actually pretty awesome. Would make your movie 100x more awesome if we win it all too

I know, that's what I was thinking! It would be insane!

I wouldn't even be looking to make much cash off of it. I'd want a quarter of the proceeds to go to a cancer fund for our boy Paul Allen and a quarter to go towards AIDS research. As long as I got enough $ to make my sister's life amazing (she just turned 4) and to help out my family, I'd consider it a massive success. Can't get ahead of myself though, plus, I don't want to jinx the Hawks haha

pehawk

Reaction score
The the last 2 years I haven't been able to attend my standard road game a year. I was dealing with petty things like buying a home and work. I'm due, for sure.

Let's pick a game where a bunch of us can travel to,also? Dom, BFS and Matt are usually all-in.

godawg

Reaction score
Living the dream. It will be a year you will always remember. If you are able to do it now don't put it off. The stars may never align this way again.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
godawg":3fdmexws said:
Living the dream. It will be a year you will always remember. If you are able to do it now don't put it off. The stars may never align this way again.

That's exactly how I feel man. Who knows what life will look like in a year or so, or even further into the future. I can do this now, and I'm going to meet some amazing people along the way and of course, watch the Hawks kick some serious ass! To borrow a page from our very own, nifty, cutting edge and ahead of the game Seattle Seahawks marketing team of years past...

Promo promotional poster ricky w 1

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hey, man, I guess I will be seeing you at several points along the way. I already have committed to 4 games and will likely go to more. I'm gonna send you a PM here in a bit.

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3h2dmetd said:
Hey, man, I guess I will be seeing you at several points along the way. I already have committed to 4 games and will likely go to more. I'm gonna send you a PM here in a bit.

What games you in for? I need a road game.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
That's what I'm talkin about bfs! Can't wait to meet the man, the myth, the legend!

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
I'll be at Carolina, Atlanta and Indy. I don't post here often, but I'd love to meet up with fellow .netters for pregaming.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

So .NET roadie in Houston?! Yes? Yes?

uncle fester

Reaction score
You absolutely have to go for it, NYCoug. Life's way too short to be hanging around dreaming. Making my first trip to the PNW for this season too. Wish you all the best.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":40i83vna said:
I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

So .NET roadie in Houston?! Yes? Yes?

Myself
Dom
MysterMatt
Seatown81
FlyingGreg
RockHawk
Aros
HoustonHawk (of course)
NYCoug
Hasselbeck
Barthawk
Have all tentatively committed to Houston.

My apologies to any I have left off the list.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wish I had the money to do that! Maybe I can convince my wife that private school is over-rated and send our kid to public school for the sake of fullfilling my seahawks dream. . . .

razgriz737

Reaction score
Congrats, man! Looking forward to seeing that film!

I'll be lucky if I make it to one game this year, haha. Definitely going to VMAC for training camp, though! Went last year and it was fun.