Texans over hawks book it

CHawk

Reaction score
[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/05/texans-over-seahawks-week-4-book-it/

Houston fan upset they are underdogs at home

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Honestly, that line seems pretty crazy. Not that I am betting against the Hawks but that line will change.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seriously?

"I can’t remember a contest I was more sure of than the Texans winning a home game against the Seahawks."

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Reminds me of Jerry Jones firing Rob Ryan because the Cowboys lost to the Seahawks.

Watch out Wade.

SE174

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3isbq6d6 said:
Seriously?

"I can’t remember a contest I was more sure of than the Texans winning a home game against the Seahawks."
No shit. Considering Jacksonville is in their division, that's some pretty bad hyperbole.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Texans are underdogs in a whole THREE games this year? :angry017:

The three games they're underdogs to are the previous year's two Super Bowl teams and a team counted by many as the #1 best team in the league this year and one of the strongest Super Bowl contenders? If I were a Texans fan, I'd think that pretty decent odds-making.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
LOL, the Texans were steamrolled by almost every playoff team they played last year. Must be nice to be gifted four wins by playing Tennessee and Jacksonville.

They'd be 7-9, at best, if they replaced the Cardinals in the NFC West. Book it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Don't blame their fans for such transgressions and lapses of sanity. I went to U of Houston (it was just the best deal). It is a place where they brain wash people. Every sweltering morning, some bizarre voice would take over the radio waves with some rambling, zombie like message that went "Houston...you have a lot to be proud of, your fabulous skyline...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston...."

This would happen every day. I was lucky to make it out of there. If I owned a farm in Texas and a condo in hell, I'd sell the farm and move into the condo.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In years past I would be absolutely cringing over all the hype. This year? I feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart with my face painted blue leading the troops into battle.

No. Fear.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
"westsidebill 11:04 AM on May 9, 2013
Something tells me an offseason of video on Russell Wilson - and a slight change in luck in a few close games - and Seattle may be looking 8-8 or worse rather than 12-4"

This is funny. I read it as:

"Something tells me an offseason of Russell Wilson in the video room - and a slight change in luck in a few close games - and Seattle is looking at 14-2 or better rather than 11-5"

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
DavidSeven":2p811y54 said:
LOL, the Texans were steamrolled by almost every playoff team they played last year. Must be nice to be gifted four wins by playing Tennessee and Jacksonville.

They'd be 7-9, at best, if they replaced the Cardinals in the NFC West. Book it.

That has been a cupcake division. Even Indy has been inconsistent and lucky, and they were an 11-5 playoff team. I think they're handicapped about right there. I could see anywhere from +1 to -1 for the Seahawks. That line has us as four point favorites on a neutral ground. Maybe a little high, but with their record against well-rounded, talented, top teams in the league, that could be pretty accurate. Might have to ask a Texans fan buddy of mine what he thinks.

SE174

Reaction score
HawkWow":1adq2vh7 said:
They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Don't blame their fans for such transgressions and lapses of sanity. I went to U of Houston (it was just the best deal). It is a place where they brain wash people. Every sweltering morning, some bizarre voice would take over the radio waves with some rambling, zombie like message that went "Houston...you have a lot to be proud of, your fabulous skyline...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston...."

This would happen every day. I was lucky to make it out of there. If I owned a farm in Texas and a condo in hell, I'd sell the farm and move into the condo.

Every Sunday evening or Monday morning, does it switch back to "Houston, we have a problem." ?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.