Non-Seattle resident? Here's a Seahawk resource!

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
What's happenin fellow hawk fans!

I don't know if this has been posted but I came across it the other day and wanted to give the heads up to all my fellow hawk fans who don't have the pleasure of having access to local Seattle area radio. If you have an iPhone (not sure, but there might be a similar app that works for androids too) go into the apps store and search, "710 espn" and you'll see a free app called, "710 ESPN Seattle". Download it! I just found it last week and it has a whole bunch of interviews and discussion regarding the Seahawks (including interviews with John Clayton, Warren Moon, and various players). Basically, it gives you a first hand account of a number of topics being discussed on this board. I haven't lived in Seattle since I was in high school, so it's been beyond awesome to be able to listen to Seattle sports radio again. It includes live streaming of the broadcasts as well.

That's all I got. go hawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

OP
OP
seaNOmercy

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
kidhawk":1twon00k said:
Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

Nice, that'll make for a good listen once the season comes around. Thanks for the heads up! :D

grizbob":1twon00k said:
Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Lol, Right on! Thanks man :D

TwilightError

Reaction score
Thanks! I've been listening to their podcasts, mainly Brock and Salk (or Danny), but I'll see if the app is even better.

Basis4day

Reaction score
grizbob":2f0zv4v5 said:
Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Yup. Listen to those shows religiously.

Never have too much:

OP these are the shows you want:

Brock and Danny
Bob and Groz
Go to Guy w/ Dave Wyman
Colin and Tom
John Clayton
Seahawks Weekly.

Also:
http://scouttheseahawks.com/ (Draft Podcasts with Derek Stephens)
He has a weekly segment during the season with Davis Hsu from Fieldgulls on KJR during the season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":1pa96m8g said:
That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3alznxna said:
kidhawk":3alznxna said:
That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.

Absolutely...you can't have too many resources when it comes to the Seahawks. If one is down move on to the next

ivotuk

Reaction score
I use Tunein also, both on my phone and my PC. I have the mynorthwest link that I use too. I usually download those and play them on VLC

As far as TuneIn goes, I find a lot of other good shows to listen to while working out or driving. ProFootball Weekly with Hub Arkush is pretty good although occassionally he'll say something stupid like "The Percy Harvin trade was Pete doing something splashy like he always does and Rick Spielman was a genius for doing that trade." but those are rare. :D

The Patriots site has some good draft stuff as well as Draft Tracker, First Draft, BaD - NFL Draft Day 1 is okay and I'm sure there are plenty more.

I'll have to check out the Iheart App

Another cool thing I've found is 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader which is cool because you can choose available formats such as Flash, MPG4 or the open source...can't remember the acronym at the moment but it also shows you the file size.

I installed several different types to try them and 1 - click was my favorite.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/versions/

OR

http://download.cnet.com/1-Click-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10770616.html