Are 49ers kinda getting the nod over us as SB favs...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • 4) At the skill positions.....I'd agree that Lynch is better than Gore at this point of his career. Lynch is still a monster and Gore is getting close to the end. Your depth issue is where it falls apart a bit tho. Niners are incredibly deep at RB. Behind Gore they have Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James. Kendall Was averaging 5.2 yards per carry when he got hurt and James averaged 4.6 in the regular season and 5.9 in the playoffs. Both were hugely productive college backs and are very good. They also drafted Marcus Lattimore but we probably won't see him till next year.

this won't fly well here.. turbin and Michael are legit stars in the making.. very explosive backs.

At WR...debatable. Crabtree really cominginto his own. Boldin a great #2. I like AJ Jenkins bouncing back this year and I like Patton in the draft. They'll also get Manningham and Williams back from innjury. Harvin is a good player, but I'm not all that worried about the other guys. I've never been a fan of Sidney Rice.

Those "other" receivers you guys like to brush aside had a field day against you.. our recieving core is anything but pedestrian. adding harvin makes them one of the most dangerous in the league.. purely specualtion at this point but we'll see.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Marvin the only problem I have with your break down is you discredit any departed player and credit every draft pick. Kind of a rediculous homer view isn't it?

Last year all we heard was how you are returning your entire defense and they will only be better with the gained chemistry, now chemistry doesn't matter and you are better off for not returning every player? But wait there's more. Fortunately every bad player that was hurting your team came into FA at the same time. Come on are we really suppose to believe this?

I the roles were reversed you would be laughing at any Seahawk fan that did the same.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:
    4) At the skill positions.....I'd agree that Lynch is better than Gore at this point of his career. Lynch is still a monster and Gore is getting close to the end. Your depth issue is where it falls apart a bit tho. Niners are incredibly deep at RB. Behind Gore they have Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James. Kendall Was averaging 5.2 yards per carry when he got hurt and James averaged 4.6 in the regular season and 5.9 in the playoffs. Both were hugely productive college backs and are very good. They also drafted Marcus Lattimore but we probably won't see him till next year.

this won't fly well here.. turbin and Michael are legit stars in the making.. very explosive backs.

At WR...debatable. Crabtree really cominginto his own. Boldin a great #2. I like AJ Jenkins bouncing back this year and I like Patton in the draft. They'll also get Manningham and Williams back from innjury. Harvin is a good player, but I'm not all that worried about the other guys. I've never been a fan of Sidney Rice.

Those "other" receivers you guys like to brush aside had a field day against you.. our recieving core is anything but pedestrian. adding harvin makes them one of the most dangerous in the league.. purely specualtion at this point but we'll see.

...Turbin and Michael are stars in the makings...but Hunter, James and Lattimore aren't? Hrmmm.

Well...all receivers had a field day against SF in the last few games. LOL. When the Niners lost their pass rush (Aldon and Justin hurt) it exposed that they had nobody else to put consistant pressure on the QB. Thats why they took so many front 7 players in the draft.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:Marvin the only problem I have with your break down is you discredit any departed player and credit every draft pick. Kind of a rediculous homer view isn't it?

Last year all we heard was how you are returning your entire defense and they will only be better with the gained chemistry, now chemistry doesn't matter and you are better off for not returning every player? But wait there's more. Fortunately every bad player that was hurting your team came into FA at the same time. Come on are we really suppose to believe this?

I the roles were reversed you would be laughing at any Seahawk fan that did the same.

I can see how you would see it that way...but at the same time there is a reason the 49ers lost them. If they had really wanted to keep them, they could have franchised Goldson again and kept Sopoaga and RJF. The reality (in particular with Sopoaga and RJF) is that they didn't play well and weren't pursued by the team.

Goldson was a good player. There is no question...but he isn't close to as good as his reputation and wasn't worth anything close to what he got in Tampa. Earl Thomas is a far superior safety. I also said Whitner is overrated and he's still on the roster.

As for the draft picks....we have no idea what these guys are going to become...but come on...aren't you already assuming that Chrisine Michael is gonna live up to his billing? Jesse Williams? I said I liked McDonald but also said we'll see how he turns out.

I think the only guy I am guilty of assumpions here is on Carradine. I do think he'll be much better than RJF....but thats a low bar to clear. RJF is the guy that took over for Justin when he got hurt. What happened when Justin got hurt? The D almost colapsed. I wouldn't think thats an endorsement of RJFs play. Not putting it all on him, but he vanished. Lynchs first TD in the game in Seattle was right at RJF and he ran right out of the play. Pathetic.

As for Reid, I'm only HOPEFUL that he'll be better in coverage. I don't expect him to fill Goldsons shoes completely in year one. I can only hope.

You thinking I'm a homer for my opinion doesn't make the prospect of what I'm saying any less true.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• ...Turbin and Michael are stars in the makings...but Hunter, James and Lattimore aren't? Hrmmm.

Well...all receivers had a field day against SF in the last few games. LOL. When the Niners lost their pass rush (Aldon and Justin hurt) it exposed that they had nobody else to put consistant pressure on the QB. Thats why they took so many front 7 players in the draft.

Ah hah, never said that... You have some great young backs there as well....

It's not just Niner fans, but a lot of apposing fans boards discredits our recieving core with the exception of Harvin for whatever reason.. they didn't post huge numbers because #1 we threw the ball less than most teams if not all teams in the NFL, #2 we spread the ball around... you're going to see the same thing this season as well.. i can almost guarentee you won't see a 1000 yrd reciever on this team next year..

does this make them any less dangerous? No, just means our offense is extremely balanced at this point..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    4) At the skill positions.....I'd agree that Lynch is better than Gore at this point of his career. Lynch is still a monster and Gore is getting close to the end. Your depth issue is where it falls apart a bit tho. Niners are incredibly deep at RB. Behind Gore they have Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James. Kendall Was averaging 5.2 yards per carry when he got hurt and James averaged 4.6 in the regular season and 5.9 in the playoffs. Both were hugely productive college backs and are very good. They also drafted Marcus Lattimore but we probably won't see him till next year.

...Turbin and Michael are stars in the makings...but Hunter, James and Lattimore aren't? Hrmmm.

Lattimore may never be the same but it was a good risk to take regardless.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:but I can see by your replies that perhaps you guys now understand how being a "Paper Champion" is pointless.

oh thank you wise 49er fan :roll:
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• but come on...aren't you already assuming that Chrisine Michael is gonna live up to his billing? Jesse Williams? I said I liked McDonald but also said we'll see how he turns out.

We're all hoping those two live up to there billing of course, but they're just depth at this point.. if either one or both tank this season, that will not effect our team in any way, other than loss of depth...

Now Avirl and Bennett is a differen't story.. they've got to come in and produce, especially untill Clemons comes back... if they're not productive, you will see the same results on defense as last year, getting gashed for big runs, and no pass rush..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:

Ah hah, never said that... You have some great young backs there as well....

It's not just Niner fans, but a lot of opposing fans boards discredits our recieving core with the exception of Harvin for whatever reason.. they didn't post huge numbers because #1 we threw the ball less than most teams if not all teams in the NFL, #2 we spread the ball around... you're going to see the same thing this season as well.. i can almost guarentee you won't see a 1000 yrd reciever on this team next year..

does this make them any less dangerous? No, just means our offense is extremely balanced at this point..

I can say almost the exact same thing about SF...other than the spread around part.

SF is still highly run oriented and the pass to run balance is very similar to Seattle. This is just one of many similarities between these teams and what makes the debate fun.

Kaep did lean heavily on Crab when he became a starter tho. Crab had 3 100 yards games through his entire career until Kaep became the starter. He had FIVE in Kaeps 10 games as a starter. Kaep had some issues early connecting with Vernon Davis but that improved dramatically in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what Kaep does with Boldin as the #2 WR. The Niners #2 WR was a revolving door due to injury.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Please show me where I have ever promoted any of our draft picks. I haven't. I have stated repeatedly that draft picks are a crap shoot and making predictions of your team based on them is stupid.

Aaron Curry is still fresh on my mind just like Jenkins (as well as your entire 12 draft) should be fresh on yours.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:
    but come on...aren't you already assuming that Chrisine Michael is gonna live up to his billing? Jesse Williams? I said I liked McDonald but also said we'll see how he turns out.

We're all hoping those two live up to there billing of course, but they're just depth at this point.. if either one or both tank this season, that will not effect our team in any way, other than loss of depth...

Now Avirl and Bennett is a differen't story.. they've got to come in and produce, especially untill Clemons comes back... if they're not productive, you will see the same results on defense as last year, getting gashed for big runs, and no pass rush..

With the exception of Reid....SF is essentially the same. I would love it if McDonald could come right in and be effective in those 2 TE sets, but if he isn't the Niners may employ alot more 3 WR sets and use Boldin in that "joker" role that Walker played.

Tank is depth with the hope he can eventually replace Justin Smith. He won't be a starter right away.

I think we've talked about this before but I'm dubious of Avril and Bennett. They could end up being great signings but it strikes me as odd that their teams let them get away on relatively small contracts. I know Avril played in that wide 9 alignment in Detroit. We'll have to see if they can make up for the loss of Clemons.

Joe Staley says that Aldon Smith is the best pass rusher he's ever faced...but that the combination of Clemons speed and the crowd make him the most difficult matchup every year. You guys need him back or someone who can fill that void.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:Please show me where I have ever promoted any of our draft picks. I haven't. I have stated repeatedly that draft picks are a crap shoot and making predictions of your team based on them is stupid.

Aaron Curry is still fresh on my mind just like Jenkins (as well as your entire 12 draft) should be fresh on yours.

Woah.

Defensive much? Just making the point that I wasn't making a huge leap with my draft assumptions.

The 2012 Niners draft thing is way overblown BTW. Its essentally all about Jenkins who didn't contribute. Thats disappointing, but its not like the entire draft was a bust. We'll see what Jenkins does this year.

James played quite well at the end of the year. He didn't get his shot till Hunter was hurt.
    Looney was never gonna play and was essentially redshirted the same way Lattimore will be.
    Several of their picks were traded away for picks this past year and is a big reason they had 15 of them at one point. BTW, they already have 10 next year and will probably end up with 11 or 12 after the compensatory picks hit. One is likely to be a 3 with the loss of Goldson and no big $$$ free agent signings. They 49ers also signed a number of players who were cut by their former teams and that isn't included in the compensatory pick formula.
    The two OLBs they drafted were both injured in camp.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    dunceface wrote:I think Kaep gets a bad rap as being one read but he needs to work on his progressions and his poise is not consistent yet
    Don't try to tell me that you guys beat NE because of him
    It was a sloppy game on both sides (fumbles and all) NE just played a sloppier game and STILL almost beat you guys
    Kaep lucked out that his fumbles were recovered by you guys and NE played their sloppiest game in 5 years

Well...we might think that because despite his issues handling the ball in that wet, cold weather....

...he also threw 4 TDs and had a 108.5 QB rating.

Seriously? Your going to just discount the win in NE? Come on now...lets be reasonable.

Yes. Against one of the worst secondaries at the time but nice try
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

The Niners earned that prediction and even considering the fantastic offseason the Hawks had, the Niners didn't lose a lot and made some gains of their own.

Can the Hawks beat the Niners? Oh hell yes. But there are 14 other games to play and SF is going to be favored in most of them and they will likely win most of them. For now, the predictions of SF winning are warranted. I do believe that can change over the course of 2013.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• There you go Loaf, making sense and everything! ;)

Everybody on here (but you and me it seems) apparently believes that our two teams play each other 16 times next year and that we only need to beat each other to win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

The schedule I think is going to be the determining factor in who wins the division, and probably one of the reasons why we are favored to win it all. (Despite the fan popularity vote on "Predict the season" which I am sure hype has helped fuel the voting for you).

It is no secret that you guys drew the shortest straw when it comes to the schedule, and that might very well be the reason at the end of the season why you guys find yourselves scrambling for one of the extra playoff spots in the NFC again.

It doesn't really matter which of our two teams is better face to face, it matters how well each of our teams succeed against their respective schedules....except for our head to head matchups of course. ;)

But even that might not be enough for you guys as your road schedule well...SUCKS, and your five 10am games is going to be brutal.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:But even that might not be enough for you guys as your road schedule well...SUCKS, and your five 10am games is going to be brutal.

No excuses. We win or we don't. Our team isn't going to go into the season thinking that way.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:But even that might not be enough for you guys as your road schedule well...SUCKS, and your five 10am games is going to be brutal.

No excuses. We win or we don't. Our team isn't going to go into the season thinking that way.

Of course they don't, it's our job to complain for them. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Guess we'll just have to beat the Niners three times if needed. That is very doable.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

The Niners earned that prediction and even considering the fantastic offseason the Hawks had, the Niners didn't lose a lot and made some gains of their own.

Can the Hawks beat the Niners? Oh hell yes. But there are 14 other games to play and SF is going to be favored in most of them and they will likely win most of them. For now, the predictions of SF winning are warranted. I do believe that can change over the course of 2013.

Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Do tell, I haven't seen any real information being put out there so apparently they are only informing the Niner fan base?

Sorry, you may end up correct but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. You are simply hoping you don't have to face him and I can understand why but worse case scenario, we seen what Wilson could do in Atlanta when Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle so even without Lynch I am confident we can put a big fat W on the Niners.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Do tell, I haven't seen any real information being put out there so apparently they are only informing the Niner fan base?

Sorry, you may end up correct but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. You are simply hoping you don't have to face him and I can understand why but worse case scenario, we seen what Wilson could do in Atlanta when Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle so even without Lynch I am confident we can put a big fat W on the Niners.

He blew over the legal limit, so yes the evidence is clear he was driving drunk.

Our run D is one of the best in the league. However the only RB's who we have a hard time containing on a regular basis (in the past) is Lynch and Jax. If you guys are forced to have anybody but Lynch on the field, don't kid yourselves into thinking that its not going to cause your offense to appear one dimensional when going against our D instead of the balanced team that you are. And a rookie RB should not be cutting his teeth in the NFL against our run D and you know it.

You guys I am sure know very well that unless there is an elite RB standing next to an opposing QB, we tend to have a field day on the defensive side of the ball.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• IIRC he blew right at the legal limit but there are questions of why he was pulled over to begin with. Like Ron White says, they were prodiling, in fact they were pulling over every car that was driving down that particular sidewalk that night.

We will see how it plays out. Seems if it were a slam dunk case like you suggest, Goodell would have already been on it. I don't know how it will play out but there are definitely questions that need to be answered.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Man...Why is everyone here so obsessed with what the media thinks about us.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

• dunceface wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    dunceface wrote:I think Kaep gets a bad rap as being one read but he needs to work on his progressions and his poise is not consistent yet
    Don't try to tell me that you guys beat NE because of him
    It was a sloppy game on both sides (fumbles and all) NE just played a sloppier game and STILL almost beat you guys
    Kaep lucked out that his fumbles were recovered by you guys and NE played their sloppiest game in 5 years

Well...we might think that because despite his issues handling the ball in that wet, cold weather....

...he also threw 4 TDs and had a 108.5 QB rating.

Seriously? Your going to just discount the win in NE? Come on now...lets be reasonable.

Yes. Against one of the worst secondaries at the time but nice try

...and what does that have to do with anything? You said Kaep wasn't the reason they won. I said Kaep had 4TDs and a rating of 108.5. What does the skill of the secondary have anything to do with this argument?

NEWSFLASH: The Pats don't have the best D in the NFL. That has nothing to do with the conversation.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

I couldn't agree more with that last line.

Thats what alot of people miss. The 'hawks are a tough matchup for the 49ers. The Niners struggle with offenses that feature big, bruising RBs (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson).

However....while the head to head is fun, there are 14 other games on the schedule and the 49ers last year were 8-2 outside the division.

This should be a fun year. ;-)
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

To be honest, I hope he plays. I'd prefer both teams at full strength when they meet. We didn't get that last year. Not saying the game would have been dramatically different (no way to predict), but I'd have liked to see what would have happened in that game if Justin isn't out, Aldon isn't hurt, and Vernon isn't knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks weren't at full strength that game either. For example, they were starting a 6th round rookie at CB. I think it's hilarious how 9er fans constantly point to their injuries that game, but fail to recognize the same in their opponent. I can't remember a game in the NFL where both teams were at full strength. The December game wasn't even close, whatever excuse you want to make you feel better, go for it I guess, but losing by 30 points can't be handwaved away.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

• Archer wrote:The Seahawks weren't at full strength that game either. For example, they were starting a 6th round rookie at CB. I think it's hilarious how 9er fans constantly point to their injuries that game, but fail to recognize the same in their opponent. I can't remember a game in the NFL where both teams were at full strength. The December game wasn't even close, whatever excuse you want to make you feel better, go for it I guess, but losing by 30 points can't be handwaved away.

Missing my point. Where did I make an excuse? I even admitted it may not have made a difference.

Of course the 'hawks had injuries (and Browner was suspended). Who said any different?

I'm just saying I hope everyone plays for both teams. I started the post with saying I hope Lynch plays.

At least read what I said before you bust an attitude.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:IIRC he blew right at the legal limit but there are questions of why he was pulled over to begin with. Like Ron White says, they were prodiling, in fact they were pulling over every car that was driving down that particular sidewalk that night.

We will see how it plays out. Seems if it were a slam dunk case like you suggest, Goodell would have already been on it. I don't know how it will play out but there are definitely questions that need to be answered.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/2/42 ... ension-dui

Police reported that he was seen swerving, and when his BAC was measured it was over the legal limit.

Lynch reportedly failed a field sobriety test and then blew above the .08 legal limit.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/07/1 ... rrest.html

Lynch was spotted by a police officer traveling on Interstate 880 about 3:20 am Saturday morning.

What is this "Sidewalk" that Ron White is refering to?

A breathalyzer test showed Lynch was OVER the states legal limit of 0.08

Asked what Lynch's blood alcohol content level was, Morgan indicated that the California Highway Patrol's policy is not to release the specific blood alcohol level reading for an individual that has been detained.

What report have you seen that actually shows what is BAC was? If he blew over 0.08 once at the police station, imagine what his level was when he was actually pulled over. If it was causing him to drive as described in the above link...it would have to be pretty high.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Lady Talon wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

Michael will be a pretty good back from the videos the members here posted. I fully expect him to be productive from the start. It's in pass protection that new backs have problems in. 49ers have a decent pass rush, and that can be a problem on third and longs. Marshawn was a big key to winning that 49er v. seahawk game last year. He pretty much ran over the left side of the 49ers defensive line. RJF still has the cleatmarks on his back to show for it. I daresay if Michael is in the game on third and longs, I can see the 49ers doing a lot more blitzing than usual.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Giedi wrote:

To be honest, I hope he plays. I'd prefer both teams at full strength when they meet. We didn't get that last year. Not saying the game would have been dramatically different (no way to predict), but I'd have liked to see what would have happened in that game if Justin isn't out, Aldon isn't hurt, and Vernon isn't knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.
    It was late in the season. Everybody is hurt at that point in time. Injuries are a part of the game. That's why depth is so important on championship teams. I think the Giants have had at least three elite pass rushers since Coughlin has been coach. Depth on the pass rush side is a big question for both teams, but I think the 49ers might have the better depth for a 16 game season. The 'Hawks are still looking for that elite pass rusher.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• For all the talk and back and forth, remember. Michael isn't our backup RB, Turbin is.

:)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• RichNhansom wrote:Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Christine Michael was essentially the 'Hawks first round draft choice. They could have chosen Demontre Moore or Alex Okefor at that position, but they chose an RB. I think that says a lot regarding their concern for Marshawns Dui Issue.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• sutz wrote:For all the talk and back and forth, remember. Michael isn't our backup RB, Turbin is.

:)

Heh. I give that designation to Danger-Russ. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:
    Giedi wrote:Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

Michael will be a pretty good back from the videos the members here posted. I fully expect him to be productive from the start. It's in pass protection that new backs have problems in. 49ers have a decent pass rush, and that can be a problem on third and longs. Marshawn was a big key to winning that 49er v. seahawk game last year. He pretty much ran over the left side of the 49ers defensive line. RJF still has the cleatmarks on his back to show for it. I daresay if Michael is in the game on third and longs, I can see the 49ers doing a lot more blitzing than usual.

If Michael starts, no guarantee there as Turbin holds the #2 spot atm, then your DC will have to come up with a better answer for Percy Harvin (and Russell Wilson at home) then he showed capable of last year, before he succeeds with heavy blitzing in the Clink. The reason Lynch ran over your team is we had a lead and kept riding him, like we quite often did when we had 2-5 score leads last year. Your secondary is the weakest link of your defense, pass rush is only half the answer if you can't set the tone with your secondary, especially with Wilson's out of pocket agility.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Michael may have been insurance for Lynch's DUI but it also makes sense to reduce Lynch's carries due to his running style. We will see if he gets suspended, I don't remember all the details about the incident when it came out but there was a belief it won't stick. Truth is I'm not overly worried about it. I think Lynch is great but we have enough weapons and a QB who showed in the playoffs, he can compensate. I actually wish Lynch would have sat out the Atlanta game. His injury was enough to make him mortal and he had a key fumble that probably doesn't happen if he is healthy and fresh.

If Michael pans out we will have Lynch healthy and fresh for game two in your house and the playoffs. I think we'll be ok.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:Michael may have been insurance for Lynch's DUI but it also makes sense to reduce Lynch's carries due to his running style. We will see if he gets suspended, I don't remember all the details about the incident when it came out but there was a belief it won't stick. Truth is I'm not overly worried about it. I think Lynch is great but we have enough weapons and a QB who showed in the playoffs, he can compensate. I actually wish Lynch would have sat out the Atlanta game. His injury was enough to make him mortal and he had a key fumble that probably doesn't happen if he is healthy and fresh.

If Michael pans out we will have Lynch healthy and fresh for game two in your house and the playoffs. I think we'll be ok.

Alot of the details of the incident can be found in my post on the previous page of this thread.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

My guess is he'll plead down to reckless driving.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Lady Talon wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

If Michael starts, no guarantee there as Turbin holds the #2 spot atm, then your DC will have to come up with a better answer for Percy Harvin (and Russell Wilson at home) then he showed capable of last year, before he succeeds with heavy blitzing in the Clink. The reason Lynch ran over your team is we had a lead and kept riding him, like we quite often did when we had 2-5 score leads last year. Your secondary is the weakest link of your defense, pass rush is only half the answer if you can't set the tone with your secondary, especially with Wilson's out of pocket agility.

Seattle has an outstanding offense when its on the field. Key is - when it's on the field. Ball control teams like the 49ers do give outstading offenses problems simply because they can't get back on the field. A ball control power running attack will tend to do that. Atlanta game is an example. Laofa and I had a lengthy discussion about how to win away games, and it boils down to defense.

The Seattle offense and the 49er offense do look the same. It's a long 16 game season, and again the Michael pick is an exciting pick for the Seahawk franchise. I think he can be heir apparent to Lynch when he decides to hang it up. Pete learned a lot from Seifert when he was with the 49er organization. Thats why I think both offenses are so similar and pretty much top of the line, with both QB's pretty much setting the standards for future NFL QBing for the next few years. With both offenses so even, I think its defense where the games between the two teams will turn. At this point the Seattle defense has more question marks than the 49er defense.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• 49ers SHOULD get the nod over us at this time, they went farther than we did last year. That and I like not being the favorite, would rather have a chip on our shoulders.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:Michael may have been insurance for Lynch's DUI but it also makes sense to reduce Lynch's carries due to his running style. We will see if he gets suspended, I don't remember all the details about the incident when it came out but there was a belief it won't stick. Truth is I'm not overly worried about it. I think Lynch is great but we have enough weapons and a QB who showed in the playoffs, he can compensate. I actually wish Lynch would have sat out the Atlanta game. His injury was enough to make him mortal and he had a key fumble that probably doesn't happen if he is healthy and fresh.

I'm sure Tom can give Lynch some legal tips to beat the rap. Let's hope Tom Cable doesn't deck anybody if you do suffer your first loss. :mrgreen: Some of your defensive coaches are brand new and cant afford time in the hospital. Marshawn is a beast. I'm sure many of the 49er defenders will breath a sigh of relief if Lynch in the hooscow.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• MLOhawks wrote:49ers SHOULD get the nod over us at this time, they went farther than we did last year.

I kinda like being the favorite in some circles, but I'm certainly not going to get upset about some people liking the Digits as favorites. To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and right now, the Digits are the man in the NFCW. Who is going to win the division? I'm confident in the Seahawks and I like our chances, but at this point it's a coin flip.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

That's not the sequence of events as described in the articles I posted on the precious page.

It has also been reported that if he pleads guilty to anything that he will be suspended for 2 games. It has also been reported that Goodell doesn't need Lynch to be found guilty of anything in order for him to still decide to suspend Lynch

And unfortutely for Lynch I am sure (thanks to Sherman's reminding everybody) that Goodell remembers that the Seahawks have already used their get out of jail free card, and would like nothing more than to send a message to Seattle about the legal system.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Seriously? That's a ridiculous statement. Now Goodell dislikes Seattle because Sherm won an appeal?

You're trying to enjoy this Lynch thing too much. Guy got busted, he'll pay a fancy lawyer to plead it down or win on a technicality. Might be suspended, might not but don't think for a second that Goodell's sitting back in his big evil chair sipping brandy and waiting for the moment to pounce on Seattle.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

That's not the sequence of events as described in the articles I posted on the precious page.

It has also been reported that if he pleads guilty to anything that he will be suspended for 2 games. It has also been reported that Goodell doesn't need Lynch to be found guilty of anything in order for him to still decide to suspend Lynch

And unfortutely for Lynch I am sure (thanks to Sherman's reminding everybody) that Goodell remembers that the Seahawks have already used their get out of jail free card, and would like nothing more than to send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Even if he's suspended the first four games, we'll still beat you at home so it's not as big of a worry as you make it out to be. Plus, as pointed out by others, that will just save some wear and tear which may help in the long run. Thanks for monitoring the situation though.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Seriously? That's a ridiculous statement. Now Goodell dislikes Seattle because Sherm won an appeal?

You're trying to enjoy this Lynch thing too much. Guy got busted, he'll pay a fancy lawyer to plead it down or win on a technicality. Might be suspended, might not but don't think for a second that Goodell's sitting back in his big evil chair sipping brandy and waiting for the moment to pounce on Seattle.

Not saying that Goodell has been sitting and waiting for the opportunity to get back at Seattle. You either don't pay attention to how Goodell operates or you are just kidding yourself that Goodell won't suspend him even if he gets off on a technicality with the cops. Like it has been reported, a conviction just makes it automatic, but that Goodell is likely to suspend him regardless.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

Even if he's suspended the first four games, we'll still beat you at home so it's not as big of a worry as you make it out to be. Plus, as pointed out by others, that will just save some wear and tear which may help in the long run. Thanks for monitoring the situation though.

I could give a crap if you guys beat us in Seattle if it meant that you would start off 1-3. And don't fool yourself into thinking that you would have an easy victory over ANYBODY without Lynch.

There are 14 other games that are played that don't have us lining up across each other.

I'll take 3-1 over 1-3 any season.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Not saying that Goodell has been sitting and waiting for the opportunity to get back at Seattle. You either don't pay attention to how Goodell operates or you are just kidding yourself that Goodell won't suspend him even if he gets off on a technicality with the cops. Like it has been reported, a conviction just makes it automatic, but that Goodell is likely to suspend him regardless.

Then you should have said that instead of:

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:I could give a crap if you guys beat us in Seattle if it meant that you would start off 1-3. And don't fool yourself into thinking that you would have an easy victory over ANYBODY without Lynch.

There are 14 other games that are played that don't have us lining up across each other.

I'll take 3-1 over 1-3 any season.

Getting a little ahead of yourself but thanks for clarifying what your interest in this discussion is. Next man up, move on. Games to play, teams to prepare for. We drafted two running backs that run like Lynch. Even if they're not as effective, they can carry the ball north and south and we have plenty of other weapons to complement the running game.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information