Are 49ers kinda getting the nod over us as SB favs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
to win it all in most polls or discussions I've seen because of the typical, overall anti-Seahawks league sentiment (and pro-49er sentiment), or are the 9ers actually superior to us? I look at both teams, whilst trying to keep my bias neutral (hard, I know), but when I compare us side to side, I just don't see it. I think Kaepernick will be exposed as way overrated, and I just think we're overstacked right now on both sides of the ball in an obvious Super bowl run attempt by our front office. They're going for it, hell be damned! So much will be answered and established in Week 2 at the Clink in the game of games. I think much more will be answered at the end of the season in SF. This season can't frickin' start soon enough! I actually start to physically shake in anticipation of this upcoming season. That hasn't ever happened to me since 1984! Only two months 'till training camp my friends!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2fy7n8s9 said:
Well, they did make the Super Bowl last year and return most of their guys.

I think my impression of them has almost everything to do with how we just cremated them at the Clink last season. We humiliated them. I just don't see how, with the improvements to our pass rush, along with our offensive upgrades that they can overcome our superiority. I would be impressed if they beat us in week 2...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
BlueThunder":atr9gcak said:
Smelly McUgly":atr9gcak said:

I think my impression of them has almost everything to do with how we just cremated them at the Clink last season. We humiliated them. I just don't see how, with the improvements to our pass rush, along with our offensive upgrades that they can overcome our superiority. I would be impressed if they beat us in week 2...

And then they won 2 playoff games and almost the Super bowl. This place needs to start giving that team some credit. Forget about how their fans act and be reasonable.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
AbsolutNET":26vxw0mu said:
And then they won 2 playoff games and almost the Super bowl. This place needs to start giving that team some credit. Forget about how their fans act and be reasonable.

Never!

Laloosh

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":j7t0fg23 said:

12evanf

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3oma2df0 said:
BlueThunder":3oma2df0 said:
Smelly McUgly":3oma2df0 said:

Yeah, considering that they did play in the Super Bowl last year, I think that automatically makes them the team to beat... as much as it sucks saying that.

sutz

Reaction score
So they're the team to beat. So what?

Everybody needs goals. I like how our QB takes on challenges.

Go Hawks!

Basis4day

Reaction score
You don't need to like the Niners. You don't need to say that they're better against us straight up. Fact remains that they were in the Superbowl last year and are returning just about everyone from their run. You expect everyone to jump on the Hawks bandwagon because of one game last year at home? Lets do that to them in SF and that will change a few midns.

I don't know who OP is reading or watching. There are talking heads saying we are the team to beat, and there are those who pick the Niners. Pretty balanced IMHO.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I agree with BT.
Yes, last year the bad guys were in the SB and we weren't.
Put simply, they (the bad guys) match up just a little better against Atlanta than we do, but we match
up better against SF than Atlanta does.
Once Justin Smith went down, their D gave up 30+ the final third of the season. For SF to be successful on D it requires a healthy and effective J Smith.
We went 7-1 in the second half last year. In that span we demolished some teams incl SF.
They are a very tough team, but I like our match ups.

We don't like them.
I say we sweep `em.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Until we win the division back from them I have zero problem with them being called the pre-season favorites. We beat them by more then any other team did last year, I'm sure that won't be lost on them during the next go around. Luckily that next one is our home opener, and actually works out good for us IMO.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Towards the end of the year our run defense was starting to look poor. We demolished the Niners @ the Clink but in fairness they were missing Smith and lost V. Davis early on. Also this year CK may actually not underestimate playing in the clink and work on silent counts better with his team. Anyway, the way the Niners played despite their loss to us, with a large majority of their team returning. Why wouldn't they be seen as SB favs?

We got a pretty new stacked line up, but lets not forget even with Harvin some new team Chemistry needs to be built. We have no idea what is going to happen with Lynch's DUI and if it will lead to a suspension (and those first couple games, we could really use him). Anyway, I don't know where I'm going anymore. But i think it's completely reasonable for some to see Niners as SB going into next year.

dunceface

Reaction score
It seems to me it has been pretty even as to who is the SB fave, if not a bit more for the Seahawks, but we ARE leading the NFL.com popular vote and appears to be un-hacked (33k us to 28k them)
And as some have stated there are great reasons for arguing each side including the fact that Kaep will prob be very good if he can mature at an appropriate rate...RW is just b3tter.

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3kcm2bgz said:
Maybe but we will disabuse them and sear 42-13 into their brain permanently.

We are closely matched teams.If we ended up the wildcard,but did this to them again,that would take some of the disappointment out of it.
It depends on who gets the lucky bounces,less injuries,and less bonehead calls by the refs.

We do have the talent to take it all,but unfortunately,so do other teams.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Until proven otherwise, the 49ers are the top dogs in the NFC. It's a new season soon and with that we will see, but for now there was only one NFC team in the Super Bowl and it wasn't the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.