Richard Sherman

razor150

Reaction score
He isn't entirely wrong though either. If you just looked at stats Sherman wasn't the best corner in football last year. I don't think I am the only one who thinks his antics off the field when it comes trying to get the respect he thinks he deserves is tiring. He doesn't need to be calling out other players publicly or getting into verbal spats with the media. It is just silly and doesn't help him in the slightest. He is a smart man, much smarter then me, all he needs to do is let his play speak for him.

Please don't talk this as criticism of his trash talk on the field, which I couldn't care less about. It is when he takes it off the field is when I tire of it.

brettb3

Reaction score
razor150":qdqimuei said:
He isn't entirely wrong though either. If you just looked at stats Sherman wasn't the best corner in football last year. I don't think I am the only one who thinks his antics off the field when it comes trying to get the respect he thinks he deserves is tiring. He doesn't need to be calling out other players publicly or getting into verbal spats with the media. It is just silly and doesn't help him in the slightest. He is a smart man, much smarter then me, all he needs to do is let his play speak for him.

Please don't talk this as criticism of his trash talk on the field, which I couldn't care less about. It is when he takes it off the field is when I tire of it.
According to which stats? Pro Football Focus had Sherman as the best cover corner in the league last year based on their methodology.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3j9hkwva said:
Writing on a website doesn't make someone a journalist.

You basically just told half the people on this board to go get a job. Well done Sir!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The author only uses forced fumbles and interceptions as his measuring stick. And even then he combines the Bears Corners' stats to help make a point.

Which is pathetic.

Sherman was first in the league in passes defensed, and 2nd in INTs. He also was fantastic in QBR against.

To say his numbers do not help him make his case as the best corner in the game is completely false. It may not be a slam dunk pick, but to say he has no argument based on forced fumbles and INTs alone is ridiculously stupid.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
sherman isn't as good as the bears two cornerbacks combined therefore he's doomed.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Stupid article. Forced fumbles and interceptions only? Makes no sense.

Steve2222

Reaction score
This guy obviously doesnt know how Sherman works. He purposely puts a target on himself. He loves and feeds off the immense pressure he puts on himself.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If it's such a terrible article why link to it? You realize that just give him more clicks and more reason to keep writing stuff. The best way to stop bad internet writers is to ignore them.

leea35

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the author is trying to bring back a dead horse, too.

It's been a good while since that Skip Bayless event...and Sherman has done nothing toward the media since...

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ec2sooc said:
If it's such a terrible article why link to it? You realize that just give him more clicks and more reason to keep writing stuff. The best way to stop bad internet writers is to ignore them.
It's a discipline, kinda like keeping your eyes on the freeway and not looking at the wreck off to the side.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
leea35":3ik7z38p said:
Sounds to me like the author is trying to bring back a dead horse, too.

It's been a good while since that Skip Bayless event...and Sherman has done nothing toward the media since...
Heckman?, hmm, oh yeah!, isn't he like Bayless' under study ?(under the desk study)
Skip Clueless just had to stick his nose into the players banter at one another, and Sherman just had his fill of his bullsh*t, and called him out for it, and now, Cry'n Ryan is sticking up for Bayless, to which I say, who gives a flying rats azz.
Shame on some of the Seahawks fans for getting suckered into NOT getting behind Sherman, and paying credence to those twits, writing dumb articles, MONTHS AFTER THE FACT.

Hawks46

Reaction score
First of all, I went to that site and Microsoft Security Essentials picked up a Trojan and Hackware off of it. So, I'm a bit pissed at the site right there.

Then after reading it, the entire premise comes down to "well, I don't like Sherman's public antics, so he needs to put up, or shut up". Uh, he completely "put up" last year.

You could really stop reading after the title of the webpage: Rant Sports.

SE174

Reaction score
Hawks46":38elwphs said:
First of all, I went to that site and Microsoft Security Essentials picked up a Trojan and Hackware off of it. So, I'm a bit pissed at the site right there.

Then after reading it, the entire premise comes down to "well, I don't like Sherman's public antics, so he needs to put up, or shut up". Uh, he completely "put up" last year.

You could really stop reading after the title of the webpage: Rant Sports.
+1

The "writer" is a self-proclaimed Bears fan, who obviously has his panties in a twist because Sherman thinks he's the best CB and has the stats to back it up. The dude has like 23k tweets, obviously loves to hear himself talk. Not to mention when I called him out on it, he responded with "Is your IQ representative of how many followers you have?"

Sick burn, kid. Sick burn. :roll:

Shock2k

Reaction score
Just to clarify, Sherman was the best cover corner in the league. Period, checkmate, end of discussion.

Hail the Legion of Boom, striketh down thy doubters with punishing hiteths.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
razor150":3vp8vlur said:

What methodology are you using? Given the actual statistics say he's the number 1 CB in the NFL in 2012. What I say is ignorance is tiring and players without attitude boring. We tried that with Ruskell how'd that work out for you?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
razor150":3oldqr42 said:

It depends on what stats your looking at. He lead the league in PD- Passes Defended with 24. He was also 2nd in INT's in the league.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I hope Sherman turns the volume up and talks twice as much trash this year. I'm LOVING all the negative attention to the Seahawks this year. The same kind of attention that Patriots have gotten for years. It means you must be doing something right because everyone wants to knock down whoever is on top.