Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Song for the 2013-2014 Seahawk Season
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm 
NET Rookie

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:17 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Seems rather obvious. Can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet. There can be only one:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 pm 
NET Veteran

Pantera - Respect (Walk) I feel like this team is about to role over folks this season. Maybe this would be more of a LoB song.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Oh great, THIS thread again. :34853_doh:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Great thread. This is fun. It's kind of crazy but after seeing all those fan music videos for the Seahawks the last couple years (some of them quite good) I now can't help but try to visualize every song I hear and determine if it fits the Seahawks or not.

Best recommendations so far: Radioactive and Can't Hold Us. Every time I hear Radioactive though I think of the Johnny Manziel video that was just perfectly done. It's hard to think "Seahawks" with that song for me because of that.

Can't Hold Us is a song that is so obvious it's tempting to overlook, but it just FITS. The song carries a ton of optimism, energy, and new wave feel to it.

Saliva is a badass song and I seriously watched the Wilson highlight video to that song from his 2011 college season 300+ times, but it doesn't really fit the Seahawks for me.

Here are a few I'd add:

Played to death on top 40 stations, but it works much better than I thought it would. The song starts fast and is unrelenting. The song caries of tone of resilience and optimism. It bubbles with energy. A lot of particular lyrics match the individual members of the Seahawks very well.

The core message is about rising up from obscurity into national prominence, while still suggesting that the ride is just beginning. If there is a song that fits "the future is so bright, you're gonna need shades" type theme, it's this one. Well, other than the actual song of that title.

Finding the right song is all about matching the emotion of the team with the emotion produced by a song. I think any song chosen for the Seahawks needs be at least a little epic, and I think Written in the Stars captures that while coincidentally hitting on several other levels as well.

Another Erik Turner song. I was kind of amazed how well this song fit Spencer Ware's highlight video and his bruising style of play. Again, this song is high energy, builds up as it goes, and has a theme of growth and resilience.

McElmore is a proud fan of both the Seahawks and the city of Seattle, but it's just a coincidence, because I think this song really works. High energy, builds up, optimistic, chest-puffing and like the other two, it carries a theme of journeying from the small time to the big time.

Bigger and I Made It were perfect choices for Russell Wilson. I really like Eminem's Cinderella Man for Marshawn Lynch. The strong clap beat just works. Tech N9ne's I'm A Beast was a great fit for Lynch too.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BZs_Py-1_0

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 am 
NET Veteran

I feel like I should post a link to a video that has been removed. Ever heard of a band called Unbunny? I think that's what we are.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 am 
NET Rookie

I feel deeply obligated to add this song to the list as we have all fallen madly in love with Tanzania. Long live Tanzania !!!

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:16 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Here's the song the rest of the NFL would pick for us:

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 pm 
NET Starter

kearly wrote:

Winner

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 pm 
NET Veteran

DericLee wrote:
McGruff wrote:
Don't know how to embed a video . . .

Note:just so you can see what it looks like, I used a { and } for the brackets, but if you want the video to actually show up you need to use the regular brackets [ and ], you just use the {youtube]-[/youtube}, where - = the last part of the youtube share code(in this case, yRnueJP2k9A)

so it would look like {youtube]yRnueJP2k9A[/youtube}

Noo.. please no.. this has got to be damn near the worst "song" if even called that with its repetitiveness of nonsense .. Like .. smh i have no words besides no and to go flush a harbough

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Shadyhawk182 wrote:
kearly wrote:

Winner

That song would have been perfect to play after the end of the Packers game last season

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:32 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Anything but Bitter Sweet Symphony. That is the worst "stadium song" of all time. Everyone in my section cringes every time they play it on the PA system. All of the kickoff and TD songs are good, I wish they would throw Bitter Sweet Symphony in the garbage and get something that goes better with the other songs. If I got to choose, it would be "Eminence Front" by The Who. Other teams across other sports have used it before, but it works.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]