Goodbye, Trufant. (Jags signed him)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 50s
Jaguars announced the signing of former Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant.

Good luck with the new team, Marcus!

Shock2k

Reaction score
So many fond memories of Trufant. Only thing I don't like seeing as a fan, is long time Seahawks finishing their careers somewhere else. Not saying that the reality isn't the reality, but still, I'm going to hold on to my rose glasses of Seattle sports.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm happy he gets to keep his career going. Obviously, there just wasn't a spot left for him here, but he isn't that old (32). Jacksonville is a good place for him to go. He can mentor the young secondary that Gus is developing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Good for him. He was in a tough spot last year, and I'm glad he'll be able to go to a place where he'll fit in (since he already knows Gus's defense).

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I'd love to see him stay healthy and play good ball, he kind of went out poorly last season with our younger corners starting to take time from him. I hope 15 of his 16 games are a big success.

McGruff

Reaction score
The best part of this is that chances are very good all three Trufant brothers will get to play in the same season. Has that ever happened?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Does this mean he matches up with Tate or Harvin in week three?? :stirthepot:

themunn

Reaction score
strange that Gus Bradley would want to take the weak link from the Seattle D to Jacksonville

unless he knows something fans don't...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
themunn":3ep3xn2n said:
strange that Gus Bradley would want to take the weak link from the Seattle D to Jacksonville

Could be he knows a Seattle weak link could be a Jacksonville strong suit. Comparatively, anyway.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
themunn":3fau4rha said:

I am thinking it's more about the type of culture he wants to build in Jacksonville more than pure ability.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the questionably weakest part of a great defense could be the greatest part of a questionably weak defense.

So deep, I know.

vedthree

Reaction score
Trufant also isn't a good fit for the Nickel slot/Zone. He's always been much better on the outside, where I suspect he'll have a better shot at playing in JAX.

Nothing but best wishes to him. Tru has been a rock on & off the field for this franchise, community & entire frickin' state for almost 2 decades.

[youtube]WdKavv2sWdI[/youtube]

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Good signing for the Jags, I doubt he starts but can mentor the 3 db's they just drafted. Just like Lawyer Milloy did for Kam/Earl

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Best of luck to the eldest Tru. I remember rooting for him in Tacoma even though he was a Wilson Ram and I, a Lincoln Abe. Wish he could've finished his entire football career in WA, but it's obviously getting cramped in the backfield.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Age wise he is not that old. Back wise is is 60. If he can use his years of experience at corner he might have a place. I hope me makes it on the roster he was a fine player over the years for the hawks