What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?

kearly

Reaction score
I'm hoping to compile the six best options and put them in a poll later. Any suggestions?

Some that come to mind for me:

Lynch saving it when Wilson fumbled in playoffs vs. Redskins
Fail Mary / Inaccurate Reception
Blocked kick for TD vs. SF
Final TD vs. Atlanta with 31 seconds left
Lynch TD in playoffs vs Redskins to take 4th quarter lead
Golden Tate TD at end of regulation vs. Chicago

I dunno, if I get enough good suggestions might do a cheesy "playoff" bracket version.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that some of the biggest plays aren't necessarily the scoring plays but the crucial, nail-biting plays that set up the eventual scoring plays. The 3rd down scramble and dump off to Lynch near the end of our last scoring drive against ATL comes to mind.

Seaman

Reaction score
The Chicago game was a real turning point. I'm going with Tate's TD at the end of regulation, even though I really feel the biggest play had to be partly RW running to get to that score. I know that isn't a specific play, but more of a series of plays. The Atlanta TD might give RW the most confidence going into next year, though!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, biggest play by definition would be the one that made the biggest impact in the W/L column. That's got to be the Fail Mary. However, my favorite is the Sherman return TD from the blocked field goal attempt. Knowing the stab of pain in the hearts of all those 49ers fans when that happened brings a smile to my face.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
The Wilson short scramble and completion to Miller in the 4th quarter on 3rd and forever in Chicago. That drive, and that game, set us up for the rest of the season IMO.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I would say the Tate TD at the end of the Chicago game. If we had lost that game, there's no telling if our team would have fallen apart after losing another nail biter. It really solidified us as a playoff team.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
The biggest play of the 2013 season was that super bowl winning, 89yd dump off pass to Percy Harvin. MAN that was epic. But my mom says not to use my psychic abilities for football (That was a roundabout, albeit unneccesary, way of pointing out the mistake in the title, if you hadn't figured it out). If you're talking about the 2012 season, as in, two thousand TWELVE, the season that just occurred... The TD passes to Sid Rice to win the NE and CHI games come to mind.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":kn8nd4qz said:
I would say the Tate TD at the end of the Chicago game. If we had lost that game, there's no telling if our team would have fallen apart after losing another nail biter. It really solidified us as a playoff team.
I think you mean the Sidney Rice touchdown? Unless we're thinking of different plays.

EDIT: AHH, you mean the end of regulation?

cacksman

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":7ubbaz1f said:
I'm of the opinion that some of the biggest plays aren't necessarily the scoring plays but the crucial, nail-biting plays that set up the eventual scoring plays. The 3rd down scramble and dump off to Lynch near the end of our last scoring drive against ATL comes to mind.

This gets my vote. I'd say this one and the Earl Thomas interception were the two biggest plays of the ATL game.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":9qzjxjpv said:
The Wilson short scramble and completion to Miller in the 4th quarter on 3rd and forever in Chicago. That drive, and that game, set us up for the rest of the season IMO.
Agreed. HUGE play.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Another vote for the Wilson bomb to Rice that beat the Patriots. This was a huge part of the coming-of-age for this team.
Most of us had given up the Seahawks for dead that game... down 13 in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks NEVER come back from that, EVER, and especially not against NEW ENGLAND and all their Super Bowl appearances and rings.
Plus it was such a well-designed play, and executed to perfection.

I had a roommate who was a big Patriots fan, and was at the game, and went to the night-before event where some Patriots were supposed to appear, hoping it would be Welker and he could get his wife's jersey signed.
It was so much sweeter being on the 24 side of 24-23 after hearing his endless Patriots talk for weeks beforehand.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Second place would be the Lynch fumble recover and run in the Redskins game. That was an AMAZING play.

I know the intent was *positive* plays for the Seahawks, but there were just as many *negative* plays that kept us from going further.
Detroit marches downfield and scores.. Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
Miami marches downfield and scores.. Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
St. Louis runs a fake field goal for a TD... Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
Kickoff vs. Atlanta gets returned to almost the 40 yard line... Hawks lose.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The touchdown pass to Rice to beat the Patriots, and the other game winning Wilson-Rice connection to win in OT in Chicago.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Upon further review... none of the above. The biggest play of the season, clearly:
"With the 75th pick... the Seattle Seahawks select... Russell Wilson, quarterback, Wisconsin."

HawkWow

Reaction score
Kam's hit on VD.

Defined us. It's effect on the rest of the league will be long lasting. I think.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
The Braylon Edwards TD catch was pretty clutch and gave us momentum to beat the Patriots at home and after beating them we were viewed as legit contenders.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
olyfan63":ebmh2cvb said:
Upon further review... none of the above. The biggest play of the season, clearly:
"With the 75th pick... the Seattle Seahawks select... Russell Wilson, quarterback, Wisconsin."

Great Call! 2nd would be the pass to Sydney Rice vs Tom Baby Brady :D

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I took Tate in Chicago. Chicago was the game that turned the momentum on our season. RW just took control of the playbook, our franchise, and NFL stardom/eliteness starting with that game IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great question, there were a ton of big plays. To me, it was the game winning TD to Rice to win the game at Chicago in OT. It felt like a flat out season changer.

Latest posts