Non-Seattle resident? Here's a Seahawk resource!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • What's happenin fellow hawk fans!

I don't know if this has been posted but I came across it the other day and wanted to give the heads up to all my fellow hawk fans who don't have the pleasure of having access to local Seattle area radio. If you have an iPhone (not sure, but there might be a similar app that works for androids too) go into the apps store and search, "710 espn" and you'll see a free app called, "710 ESPN Seattle". Download it! I just found it last week and it has a whole bunch of interviews and discussion regarding the Seahawks (including interviews with John Clayton, Warren Moon, and various players). Basically, it gives you a first hand account of a number of topics being discussed on this board. I haven't lived in Seattle since I was in high school, so it's been beyond awesome to be able to listen to Seattle sports radio again. It includes live streaming of the broadcasts as well.

That's all I got. go hawks
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

• Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• kidhawk wrote:Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

Nice, that'll make for a good listen once the season comes around. Thanks for the heads up! :D

grizbob wrote:Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Lol, Right on! Thanks man :D
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

• Thanks! I've been listening to their podcasts, mainly Brock and Salk (or Danny), but I'll see if the app is even better.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• grizbob wrote:Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Yup. Listen to those shows religiously.

Never have too much:

OP these are the shows you want:

Brock and Danny
    Bob and Groz
    Go to Guy w/ Dave Wyman
    Colin and Tom
    John Clayton
    Seahawks Weekly.

Also:
    http://scouttheseahawks.com/ (Draft Podcasts with Derek Stephens)
    He has a weekly segment during the season with Davis Hsu from Fieldgulls on KJR during the season.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.

Absolutely...you can't have too many resources when it comes to the Seahawks. If one is down move on to the next
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I use Tunein also, both on my phone and my PC. I have the mynorthwest link that I use too. I usually download those and play them on VLC

As far as TuneIn goes, I find a lot of other good shows to listen to while working out or driving. ProFootball Weekly with Hub Arkush is pretty good although occassionally he'll say something stupid like "The Percy Harvin trade was Pete doing something splashy like he always does and Rick Spielman was a genius for doing that trade." but those are rare. :D

The Patriots site has some good draft stuff as well as Draft Tracker, First Draft, BaD - NFL Draft Day 1 is okay and I'm sure there are plenty more.

I'll have to check out the Iheart App

Another cool thing I've found is 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader which is cool because you can choose available formats such as Flash, MPG4 or the open source...can't remember the acronym at the moment but it also shows you the file size.

I installed several different types to try them and 1 - click was my favorite.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/versions/

OR

http://download.cnet.com/1-Click-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10770616.html
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Just downloaded the Android app. Works great.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I use Iheartradio to listen to KJR from LA.
    TONY....HAWK FAN FROM L.A.
    Gunslinger
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information