Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Non-Seattle resident? Here's a Seahawk resource!
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 am 
NET Practice Squad

What's happenin fellow hawk fans!

I don't know if this has been posted but I came across it the other day and wanted to give the heads up to all my fellow hawk fans who don't have the pleasure of having access to local Seattle area radio. If you have an iPhone (not sure, but there might be a similar app that works for androids too) go into the apps store and search, "710 espn" and you'll see a free app called, "710 ESPN Seattle". Download it! I just found it last week and it has a whole bunch of interviews and discussion regarding the Seahawks (including interviews with John Clayton, Warren Moon, and various players). Basically, it gives you a first hand account of a number of topics being discussed on this board. I haven't lived in Seattle since I was in high school, so it's been beyond awesome to be able to listen to Seattle sports radio again. It includes live streaming of the broadcasts as well.

That's all I got. go hawks

Post subject: Re: Non-Seattle resident? Here's a Seahawk resource!
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:38 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am 
NET Practice Squad

kidhawk wrote:
Good to know. There are also two major radio apps, Tunein and Iheart that are designed for the major radio networks. You can pick up stations all across the country and many international stations as well with these. Good for listening to out of market stations for Seahawks opponents

Nice, that'll make for a good listen once the season comes around. Thanks for the heads up! :D

grizbob wrote:
Or you can log in here http://mynorthwest.com/ if all you have is dumb phone and internet access :th2thumbs:

Lol, Right on! Thanks man :D

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 am 
NET Starter

Thanks! I've been listening to their podcasts, mainly Brock and Salk (or Danny), but I'll see if the app is even better.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

grizbob wrote:

Yup. Listen to those shows religiously.

Never have too much:

OP these are the shows you want:

Brock and Danny
Bob and Groz
Go to Guy w/ Dave Wyman
Colin and Tom
John Clayton
Seahawks Weekly.

Also:
http://scouttheseahawks.com/ (Draft Podcasts with Derek Stephens)
He has a weekly segment during the season with Davis Hsu from Fieldgulls on KJR during the season.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:

That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

KCHawkGirl wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

That's what I use but I may check the other app just in case.

Absolutely...you can't have too many resources when it comes to the Seahawks. If one is down move on to the next

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 pm 
* NET Nobody *

I use Tunein also, both on my phone and my PC. I have the mynorthwest link that I use too. I usually download those and play them on VLC

As far as TuneIn goes, I find a lot of other good shows to listen to while working out or driving. ProFootball Weekly with Hub Arkush is pretty good although occassionally he'll say something stupid like "The Percy Harvin trade was Pete doing something splashy like he always does and Rick Spielman was a genius for doing that trade." but those are rare. :D

The Patriots site has some good draft stuff as well as Draft Tracker, First Draft, BaD - NFL Draft Day 1 is okay and I'm sure there are plenty more.

I'll have to check out the Iheart App

Another cool thing I've found is 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader which is cool because you can choose available formats such as Flash, MPG4 or the open source...can't remember the acronym at the moment but it also shows you the file size.

I installed several different types to try them and 1 - click was my favorite.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/versions/

OR

http://download.cnet.com/1-Click-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10770616.html

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Just downloaded the Android app. Works great.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I use Iheartradio to listen to KJR from LA.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]