Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
Largent80 wrote:
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

We have multiple weapons to keep the ship sailing.

There is an article that said the 'hawks are 20th in terms of the O-line. I think you have far and away one of the best offenses in the league this year at the skill positions. Where I think you guys fall short a bit - when comparing to the elite teams - is on the o-line. Useless to have a great WR, RB or QB if the O Line can't do it's job.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
Giedi wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

We have multiple weapons to keep the ship sailing.

There is an article that said the 'hawks are 20th in terms of the O-line. I think you have far and away one of the best offenses in the league this year at the skill positions. Where I think you guys fall short a bit - when comparing to the elite teams - is on the o-line. Useless to have a great WR, RB or QB if the O Line can't do it's job.

That rating should raise quite a bit just by experience and being together for that year.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
NinerLifer wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
I don't have any sympathy for individuals who choose to drink and drive, so I hope the judge makes an example of him.

I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.

I won't touch your immaturity of hoping I get pulled over for a DUI.

Oh, and you are being completely mature. Got it.

NinerLifer wrote:
His lawyer said he blew 0.08, the police say he blew OVER it, but won't actually release the actual BAC level yet because it is one of their rules apparently according to an article I read. His lawyer is payed to do his job and create the sense of optimism. If you can't understand that....

His job isn't to create a sense of optimism, it is to represent and defend his client. (If you can't understand that....)

Your mind is obviously already made up about this. But just for the sake of the discussion, assume for a moment that Lynch's lawyer has his facts right, that Lynch blew exactly .08 at the scene, and then later blew over .08 at the station. Does that change your opinion at all? Or is your tirade directed not just at people who are over the legal limit, but also at people who are within the legal limit?

Or to put it another way... if you could set the legal limit, what would it be?

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 99
BlueTalon wrote:
I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.

It really doesn't matter what the legal limit is - if you drink at all you shouldn't be driving. There's also talk right now of lowering it to .05 which I would totally support. I'm still hoping Marshawn beats the charge though, but that's only because my Seahawk fandom usually outweighs my common sense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
KCHawkGirl wrote:
Giedi wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
While Lynch is undeniably a huge part of the team he is only one player. We have Turbin with a year under his belt and Mike Rob, who is a pretty good blocker and pass receiver.

Michael may prove to be a load as well, so the running game for Seattle is in pretty good shape. Oh, Harvin can also line up in the backfield.

We have multiple weapons to keep the ship sailing.

There is an article that said the 'hawks are 20th in terms of the O-line. I think you have far and away one of the best offenses in the league this year at the skill positions. Where I think you guys fall short a bit - when comparing to the elite teams - is on the o-line. Useless to have a great WR, RB or QB if the O Line can't do it's job.

That rating should raise quite a bit just by experience and being together for that year.

True, but experience can't ward off injuries. You only added two O Linemen in this years draft, and it was in the 6th and 7th rounds. Aslo, I've read reports of your O line being injured during the 2012 year. Point being, you may have O-line talent but it's not deep and they are quite often injured (at least according to the article I read).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
there is no legal limit.. if you blow .001 or over you can be charged and convicted of a DUI... it's a cash cow, and a huge part of all states economy.. It's a money making machine, hence the unconstitutional DUI check posts going on all over the country..this new law coming out to lower the legal limit is a joke.. what are they going to lower it to, .000, so if you have a bottle of water you're in danger of getting a DUI...

i think drinking and driving is serious business as much as any, but when it becomes a business first over protecting and serving the community, that i have a problem with.. and know this:

Every traffic stop is a DUI stop

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
CDAseahawk wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.

It really doesn't matter what the legal limit is - if you drink at all you shouldn't be driving. There's also talk right now of lowering it to .05 which I would totally support. I'm still hoping Marshawn beats the charge though, but that's only because my Seahawk fandom usually outweighs my common sense.

If it was just somebody like LadyTaloon (not saying she's ever had a DUI) but hypothedically speaking, if it was just an ordinary person, then I think he can beat the raps easy. but if he's a famous person, I think that makes a difference in the DA's eyes. They will make a harder effort to put him in jail to make an example out of him. It could be sorta like the OJ simson case - publicity-wise - all over again, and this time the NFL will not be happy about it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Quote:
If it was just somebody like LadyTaloon (not saying she's ever had a DUI) but hypothedically speaking, if it was just an ordinary person, then I think he can beat the raps easy. but if he's a famous person, I think that makes a difference in the DA's eyes. They will make a harder effort to put him in jail to make an example out of him. It could be sorta like the OJ simson case - publicity-wise - all over again, and this time the NFL will not be happy about it.


First of all he's not looking at any jail time, unless this is one of many DUI's.. if it's his first offense at the very most he's looking at 1 day in jail, 7 years probation, 2 years of alcohol classes, suspended license for 30 days, and all the fines and fee's associated with it.. And probably 2 games suspended..

if it's his second or more and he was already on probation for another one, then yes he's screwed, but i've never seen that he's had one before this..

this is just one of thousands of DUI cases the DA's office prosecutes every year in CA, pretty sure they don't have the time to go over this one with a fine tooth comb, just because he's a NFL player.. If found guilty he'll get the same thing i would get

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 99
Giedi wrote:
CDAseahawk wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
I'm sure you are perfect, and have never done anything bad, so your perspective might be a little skewed. The legal limit used to be .10, and then it got reduced to .08. Your pompous argument reminds me of the ninnies back in the 70's and 80's who would complain about people going too fast in a 55mph zone, when the limit previously was 70mph and the roads were designed for 80+.

It really doesn't matter what the legal limit is - if you drink at all you shouldn't be driving. There's also talk right now of lowering it to .05 which I would totally support. I'm still hoping Marshawn beats the charge though, but that's only because my Seahawk fandom usually outweighs my common sense.

If it was just somebody like LadyTaloon (not saying she's ever had a DUI) but hypothedically speaking, if it was just an ordinary person, then I think he can beat the raps easy. but if he's a famous person, I think that makes a difference in the DA's eyes. They will make a harder effort to put him in jail to make an example out of him. It could be sorta like the OJ simson case - publicity-wise - all over again, and this time the NFL will not be happy about it.

Marshawn is the man but I really don't think he's so famous that people in California will care which way it turns out, other than 49er fans. I mean, publicity-wise, I don't think coming down hard on him is going to send any loud message to the general public. And really, in my experience people with a lot of money have a way better chance of getting off than average joe's like LadyTalon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
BlueTalon wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
I don't have any sympathy for hypocrites, so I hope you get busted for dui after having some cough syrup.

I won't touch your immaturity of hoping I get pulled over for a DUI.

Oh, and you are being completely mature. Got it.

NinerLifer wrote:
His lawyer said he blew 0.08, the police say he blew OVER it, but won't actually release the actual BAC level yet because it is one of their rules apparently according to an article I read. His lawyer is payed to do his job and create the sense of optimism. If you can't understand that....

His job isn't to create a sense of optimism, it is to represent and defend his client. (If you can't understand that....)

Your mind is obviously already made up about this. But just for the sake of the discussion, assume for a moment that Lynch's lawyer has his facts right, that Lynch blew exactly .08 at the scene, and then later blew over .08 at the station. Does that change your opinion at all? Or is your tirade directed not just at people who are over the legal limit, but also at people who are within the legal limit?

Or to put it another way... if you could set the legal limit, what would it be?


I am starting to think that you have a personal experience with this, so I will tread lightly.

However if you are suggesting that it is ok to drink and drive....

The only opinion that I have on what the "legal" limit should be is that it should be at whatever is low enough to not cause any incapacitation to a driver. If you have drank enough to be swerving all over the road, like what was described when Lynch was pulled over for, then that is too much.

And being a public figure, the California court system will most likely make an example out of him like they try to do to all public figures.

And no my opinion doesn't change if he blew higher at the station vs what he did in the field. That only means that law enforcement did its job of getting a drunk driver off the road before his driving ability got worse and therefore increasing the likelihood of hurting himself or somebody else.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
it's a DUI case dude, not a double murder.. reel it in a bit my man... sounds like a whole lotta of wishful thinking.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
hawker84 wrote:
it's a DUI case dude, not a double murder.. reel it in a bit my man... sounds like a whole lotta of wishful thinking.


I take it your not from California and familiar with all the celebrity types who the California judges enjoy establishig precedent against.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
I take it you're not from Washington state, or Benton county, which has the toughest DUI laws in the state of washington which has the toughest DUI laws in the United states...

The Judge cannot do anything to him that he can't or won't do to joe blow.. it's called discrimination...

Your criminal case log is backed up, your jails are full, i don't see any extra efforts made in this one case out of thousands.. i would also suspect most people in CA outside of football fans wouldn't even recognize him if they were standing right next to him..So not sure how famous he really is.. If Frank Gore walked into a grocery store tomorrow, i don't know how many people would recognize him, i would think that number would be low..

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 99
NinerLifer wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
it's a DUI case dude, not a double murder.. reel it in a bit my man... sounds like a whole lotta of wishful thinking.


I take it your not from California and familiar with all the celebrity types who the California judges enjoy establishig precedent against.

Ya just like Lindsay Lohan.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
NinerLifer wrote:
I am starting to think that you have a personal experience with this, so I will tread lightly.

However if you are suggesting that it is ok to drink and drive....

The only opinion that I have on what the "legal" limit should be is that it should be at whatever is low enough to not cause any incapacitation to a driver. If you have drank enough to be swerving all over the road, like what was described when Lynch was pulled over for, then that is too much.

And no my opinion doesn't change if he blew higher at the station vs what he did in the field. That only means that law enforcement did its job of getting a drunk driver off the road before his driving ability got worse and therefore increasing the likelihood of hurting himself or somebody else.

I have no personal experience with DUI legal trouble. What I have is a pet peeve about people arbitrarily re-defining terms, and disregarding the law in favor of whatever the hell they want to substitute in its place.

It has been my opinion from the very beginning that Lynch will likely plead guilty to reckless driving, if he doesn't get off entirely. How Goodell would respond to that is anybody's guess.

I suppose I would have more understanding of your argument if you would also come down hard on people who talk on the phone, sneeze, yawn, eat a hamburger, who are just plain bad drivers and/or stupid, and anything else that causes them to drive over road turtles.

Is it OK to drink and drive? Absolutely it is -- as long as the people doing so are doing it responsibly. Meaning they wait a suitable amount of time after having their last drink, and don't drive intoxicated (BAC below the legal limit, not swerving etc.).

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
Giedi wrote:
If it was just somebody like LadyTalon...

Just FYI, LadyTalon and I are two different people. She's cute, I'm not.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
BlueTalon wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
I am starting to think that you have a personal experience with this, so I will tread lightly.

However if you are suggesting that it is ok to drink and drive....

The only opinion that I have on what the "legal" limit should be is that it should be at whatever is low enough to not cause any incapacitation to a driver. If you have drank enough to be swerving all over the road, like what was described when Lynch was pulled over for, then that is too much.

And no my opinion doesn't change if he blew higher at the station vs what he did in the field. That only means that law enforcement did its job of getting a drunk driver off the road before his driving ability got worse and therefore increasing the likelihood of hurting himself or somebody else.

I have no personal experience with DUI legal trouble. What I have is a pet peeve about people arbitrarily re-defining terms, and disregarding the law in favor of whatever the hell they want to substitute in its place.

It has been my opinion from the very beginning that Lynch will likely plead guilty to reckless driving, if he doesn't get off entirely. How Goodell would respond to that is anybody's guess.

I suppose I would have more understanding of your argument if you would also come down hard on people who talk on the phone, sneeze, yawn, eat a hamburger, who are just plain bad drivers and/or stupid, and anything else that causes them to drive over road turtles.

Is it OK to drink and drive? Absolutely it is -- as long as the people doing so are doing it responsibly. Meaning they wait a suitable amount of time after having their last drink, and don't drive intoxicated (BAC below the legal limit, not swerving etc.).


Got ya. Oh don't get me started on my opinion of whether or not people should be able to drive while eating or doing whatever else with one of their hands. ;)

In California it is illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone unless it is with a hands free device. Same in Washington? Here in Arizona people are allowed to drive while holding their cell phone up to their ear, but not text. But also in Arizona you aren't required to wear a helmet while driving a motorcycle, which took a lot of time to get used to after moving here from California.

Again this whole thread is just speculation, but what else are we going to do with our time during the offseason. ;)

Hopefully for your teams sake he isn't suspended. It's just my opinion based off of what I learned from living in California for 31 years that he won't get off Scott free, and it has been reported that Goodell will suspend him even if he plea bargains. From what I read it doesn't sound like the evidence will be dismissed either.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 921
Location: Anchorage, AK
I'm not worried at all. Opposing offenses still have to face our defense.

_________________
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
BlueTalon wrote:
Giedi wrote:
If it was just somebody like LadyTalon...

Just FYI, LadyTalon and I are two different people. She's cute, I'm not.

I'm not even touching that one. Either way I answer, I'll be banned. :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
Giedi wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
Giedi wrote:
If it was just somebody like LadyTalon...

Just FYI, LadyTalon and I are two different people. She's cute, I'm not.

I'm not even touching that one. Either way I answer, I'll be banned. :mrgreen:

Why? LT is a woman and BT is...well a curmudgeon. :mrgreen:

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: b3liever, BGHawk, BirdsCommaAngry, Deterrence, Google [Bot], HuskyHawk, IcedHawk, kearly, LargentFan, Lawke, Pandion Haliaetus, PlinytheCenter, Seahawksfan425, tooshort and 89 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.