marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 am
  • We obviously have a lot more than Lynch to give SF's D.C. a nightmare. I certainly am not worried about one player sitting out.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am
  • Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 am
  • Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm
  • rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.

warden wrote:Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.

You might want to listen to these two guys.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.

warden wrote:Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.

Lol...shockingly, you only tune into these comments.

Stop the circle jerk now. You are not going to beat us at C Link, with or without Lynch. Not going to happen.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 pm
  • We can score plenty through the air with Wilson, certainly enough to win at home. Kaep will be too busy straining to hear the playcalls and going to the locker room to get a fresh pair of pants to score many points.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.

Lol...shockingly, you only tune into these comments.

Stop the circle jerk now. You are not going to beat us at C Link, with or without Lynch. Not going to happen.

Not too many others made any sense. :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 pm
  • the only real question is will we hang a 50 burger on the whiners.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 4:35 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.

This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ;) ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

Curious to see how this place reacts after your first home loss since so many on here are factoring in an automatic 8 home wins into your division hopes.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Newsflash, the Hawks have been nigh unbeatable at home even before having a team the caliber of last year's team, and this year's. Pretty sure nobody's laughing at the idea of the Hawks rolling unbeaten at Century Link, your wishes notwithstanding. Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL of course, but the Clink advantage is as close as it comes.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:the only real question is will we hang a 50 burger on the whiners.

We took it easy on them in that 42-13 thumping. We could have easily scored 50.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Lifer you are fringing on a E-beat down. Reel in the anti-Hawk comments.

So you are still butt hurt over the lose from last year...glad to hear it.

No other fan base is laughing about playing in Seattle! You cry a lot, but thats different then laughing.

Yes nolifer, 8-0 is our new standard. Its cool your team can't hold down the fort like the Hawks, just don't whine about it here.

Marshawn will be fine regardless, 2nd chances happen.
    Last edited by Spokane on Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 7:44 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Its Cali home slice. It will get postponed again or dismissed because they have more important things to do. I ain't scurred.

This is what I am thinking.. It could be 2014 when this shut is over and it just might be by design.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.

This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ;) ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

Curious to see how this place reacts after your first home loss since so many on here are factoring in an automatic 8 home wins into your division hopes.

Other fan bases laughing? No one "expects" to go 8-0 at home, but last season wasn't the first time it happened and the team didn't take any steps backward.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 am
  • This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

Are we suppose to say, there's a good chance we'll lose some games at home? Would that make you feel better?
    the fact is we have an easier home schedule this year than we did last season, so why wouldn't we feel we can go 8-0 at home.. there's no disputing, the CLink gives us a clear advantage, and that is no wishful thinking, it's fact.. Just ask Kaepernose... and Brady, and Romo, and Rogers..

Of course it's the NFL and any given Sunday, but if you're hoping for a different prediction around here, don't hold your breath.. If any team is built to go 8-0 at home it's the Hawks.. And Falcons... If SF had any kind of home crowd, i'd say they had a chance as well. But you're fan's are too busy eating crabcakes and drinking Chardonnay..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am
  • Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.

You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.

Of course he can and I know you hope for it but it isn't happening no matter how much you wish for it. Either way we're covered quite nicely with Michael, Harvin and Wilson so even if Lynch missed a couple games it won't hurt us as much as you think it will.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:29 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:

We'll see. Granted, Goodell can pretty much do whatever he wants BUT Marshawn's previous "troubles" technically fall under the league (and player's union) CONDUCT policy, while this infraction, technically falls under the drug / alcohol section. So, by the letter of the law, or the NFL law this is NOT a repeat offense, PLUS Marshawn has been a model citizen in his time here in Seattle. When you consider all this with the fact that Lynch blew a .08, right at the legal limit. At the very least I see the union fighting this, and appealing any suspension, at least until AFTER the 9ers game.

And once the other RB's get their sea legs, I'm all for Marshawn getting a much deserved rest. It will be a little vaycay for the guy. :229031_cheers:
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 am
  • Every article concerning his DUI case reports that he blew "OVER" the legal limit of 0.08.

I have searched for an article that states otherwise, but can't find it if its out there.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 am
  • And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Every article concerning his DUI case reports that he blew "OVER" the legal limit of 0.08.

I have searched for an article that states otherwise, but can't find it if its out there.

Took me 30 seconds.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... positively
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?

Think as you wish. He will be missed of course but fact his because of our depth at that position and the fact we have Percy Harvin and Russell Wilson a loss of Lynch for maybe 4 games can and will be handled without much loss in production. If they have to pass more or use Harvin out of the backfield so be it.

See you are at a Seahawk board so don't act shocked that we don't buy your view hook line and sinker.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

nobody's suggesting he's easily replaced, but we do have good depth in Turbin and Michael for a reason.. Lynch's style could easily cause injury, we need a good back up, suspension, we have a good back up, just to rest him up, we have good back ups.. it's called depth, and every team has backups for a reason..
    players get injured and/or miss games all the time.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 am
  • I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense. And yes I am also aware that if it was Gore that was arrested for a DUI and not lynch, we would be having the same debate but with opposite opinions. Niner fans would be taking the standpoint that you all are, and you guys would be the ones riding on the assumed fact that we would have to try to survive without Gore during his suspension in a division where EVERY game counts, and the loss of such a player for 2-4 weeks could potentially put an early tombstone above either of our teams hopes on a division title, which is obviously a prerequisite to a #1 or #2 seed.

And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?
    Last edited by NinerLifer on Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?

The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am
  • Much ado about nothing.

If, and that's a sizable if we lose Marshawn due to a DUI arrest-type suspension, I am not worried because Russell's progress in the passing game last year leads me to believe that we can win even if the run game is stymied for a while. And there's not a damn thing wrong with Robert Turbin's game.

The rest of the offense (Wilson, Turbin, MRob, Harvin, Tate, Rice, Balwin, & Miller) will pick up the slight slack caused by Marshawn's absence.

No problema, imo.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 am
  • Slight slack? :34853_doh:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Slight slack? :34853_doh:

Think production differential from the RB position... not total production from the position.

The way I think... if Lynch can gain 100 yards against a certain opponent, Turbin should be able to gain 75 yards.

The 25 yard differential is the "slight slack".
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Slight slack? :34853_doh:

It's not like Lynch is Adrian Peterson (2/3 of the offense) as it was we ran the ball 55% to 45% passing but that doesn't factor in that Wilson was handcuffed for 8 weeks of the season. It's far more likely that this year's offense will be 50/50 or 55/45% passing to rushing.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.

Most DUI "convictions" at this level are plea agreements. The science behind blood alcohol tests is not 100% accurate and I've known several people who had the resources to fight their cases when they tested so close to the limit and they win more of these than they lose. Honestly, it's expensive upfront money to hire an attorney to fight these things and most people know they were guilty and just plea out, but since Lynch has hired an attorney, his chances of being found guilty are less than those of his being found guilty if it goes to court.

As for the NFL punishment, that ball is up in the air, and nobody will know for sure how that will fall until Goodell decides to make a decision. If he's found guilty or pleads guilty, there will be a suspension for sure, if not, then the commissioner has every right to either suspend him or to not suspend him and he has gone in either direction in previous cases with other players.

I find it funny how long this debate has raged in here. We had this exact same debate after his arrest. His trial is scheduled, but could easily be delayed to the point where we won't have a decision this year either.

It's definitely way to early to count him out of any games right now, and the team has taken measures to not only fill the gap should he miss games, but also secure a possible replacement down the road.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 14, 2013 11:11 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Slight slack? :34853_doh:

Think production differential from the RB position... not total production from the position.

The way I think... if Lynch can gain 100 yards against a certain opponent, Turbin should be able to gain 75 yards.

Ok, I'll go with that.

How do you believe he would do against your first 4 opponents next year, based on their run D?
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 am

I don't think ANYONE on this board would suggest that missing Marshawn for 4 games would be no big deal. I'm just not convinced that we will. IF he's to be suspended, and I think that's a big if (see my post above re: conduct policy vs. drug alcohol policy) I don't think it will be for 4 whole games. That seems like overkill to me. And FINALLY, if somehow he is to be suspended for 4 games, I think he'll appeal until the softest possible 4 games comes up (which won't include the 9ers).

Of course it will be a huge loss, but we'll be in a better position than most, and a better position than we were last year to handle it. Plus - Lynch could use the rest.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:17 am
  • I can see where Niner fans are confused. Their backups get little to no playing time. To them, losing a starter is a detrimental blow to the team, ex. without Justin Smith, Aldon Smith is plain average.

Seahawks fans, on the other hand, embrace the depth players and the coaches working them into practice and games, sharing snaps during preseason and the regular season with the starters. It's not a lack of "common sense" that we don't see losing Lynch for a couple games as a huge, huge blow. It's confidence that the next guy will step up as Pete has shown he can get young guys to contribute in big ways.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:

Ok, I'll go with that.

How do you believe he would do against your first 4 opponents next year, based on their run D?

I won't put up numbers but with Carolina it depends how those draft picks pan out it could be middling hard or easy depending with Houston and the 49ers it will be tough sledding, With Jacksonville it should be on the easier side.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:22 am
  • That might be true, but which 4 game span would that be?
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:26 am
  • That's our first 4 games in the upcoming season.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:30 am
  • I don't believe it will be more than 1 or 2 games tops and we have a couple RBs hungry enough to step in and play lights out to fill in.

Not worried about it. Just means more Wilson. I dunno if any opponents are really going to see more Russell Wilson as a good thing. So we play a team with a good run D who will take advantage of a missing Marshawn. Cool. They still have to cover Rice/Harvin/Tate/Miller/Baldwin. Good luck with that.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am
  • The running game wouldn't just stop with Lynch being out, but it would probably take a dip in productivity. Not worried about it with Wilson taking more and more responsibility within the offense.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am
  • hedgehawk wrote:The running game wouldn't just stop with Lynch being out, but it would probably take a dip in productivity. Not worried about it with Wilson taking more and more responsibility within the offense.

It'll take a dip because Marshawn is a good zone-runner. We may do some more traditional type blocking schemes to compensate in those games. Easier to diagnose but thats when Turbin can put those big muscles to work.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:37 am
  • I think we're talking about this more than his Attorney will have to talk with the Prosecuting Attorney to make a plea work things out and get Marshawn back in the game... Don't think he'll be suspended, it's not like it's the first or last in a case like this.... DUI might be dropped, the court system has more to deal with than this... a .08 or even a .10 is nothing compared to what most people leaving a bar or party can test for. No illeigal drugs in system and nobody hurt, and a good Attorney... He's a big boy and things do happen and I think he'll be fine...
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:

Ok, I'll go with that.

I'll take a numbers approach.

Seattle averaged 161.2 yd/game running the ball last year.

First 2013 opponent is Carolina on the road, who were 14th in the league for Run D (near the middle of the pack), giving up 110.1 yd/game on average. If Lynch were unavailable, I could still see Seattle accumulating just under their 2012 average... let's say 150 yards in that game.

Second 2013 opponent is the 49ers at home, who were 4th in the league on Run D, holding 2012 opponents to 94.2 yd/game on average last year. I could see the Hawks gaining about 130 yards on the ground in that home game. I imagine that Pete would use Percy in the backfield quite a bit in this game.

Third 2013 opponent is J'Ville at home, who were a dismal 30th in the league in Run D last year, giving up a generous 141.0 yd/game on average. I could see the Hawks putting up 180 or 190 at home against the Jaguars, even without Lynch.

Fourth 2013 opponent is Houston on the road, who were 7th in the league in Run D last year, giving up 97.5 yd/game on average. Without Lynch, I foresee the Hawks only mustering about 100 yd on the ground against the Texans at their place, principally because Brian Cushing should be back at full strength.

All in all, I don't foresee a significant drop-off in the event Marshawn is unable to play in the first four games.

Make sense?

onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 pm
  • Ya I can understand your mind set. Hopefully for the Seahawks, in the case that he is suspended, you are right. Or your season could be lost before it even begins. Especially in a division where every win will matter.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Man I really hope he doesn't miss any games......especially the SF game in week 2. I think a stiff fine will suffice.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Man I really hope he doesn't miss any games......especially the SF game in week 2. I think a stiff fine will suffice.

I don't have any sympathy for individuals who choose to drink and drive, so I hope the judge makes an example of him. Which is something that California courts have been starting to do against Celeb's and those who appear to go on acting like the laws of "common men" don't apply to them.

Since this isn't Lynch's first incident with drunk driving, I doubt that he gets let off easy.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 10:16 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?

Most DUI "convictions" at this level are plea agreements. The science behind blood alcohol tests is not 100% accurate and I've known several people who had the resources to fight their cases when they tested so close to the limit and they win more of these than they lose. Honestly, it's expensive upfront money to hire an attorney to fight these things and most people know they were guilty and just plea out, but since Lynch has hired an attorney, his chances of being found guilty are less than those of his being found guilty if it goes to court.

As for the NFL punishment, that ball is up in the air, and nobody will know for sure how that will fall until Goodell decides to make a decision. If he's found guilty or pleads guilty, there will be a suspension for sure, if not, then the commissioner has every right to either suspend him or to not suspend him and he has gone in either direction in previous cases with other players.

I find it funny how long this debate has raged in here. We had this exact same debate after his arrest. His trial is scheduled, but could easily be delayed to the point where we won't have a decision this year either.

It's definitely way to early to count him out of any games right now, and the team has taken measures to not only fill the gap should he miss games, but also secure a possible replacement down the road.

May 22 is the magic date for the Seahawk fans. That's the date that Marshawn executes his last *get out of Jail* card. If he wins on May 22, he's home free. If he loses on may 22, more than likely - I think - he gets convicted of DUI. I understand these cases are difficult to win by any DA, but considering Marshawn's stature as a public figure, I think they will do a darn good job. Alameda DA's as known for being pretty good and pretty tough. Cheif Justice Earl Warren comes from Alameda, so that's got to say something about Alameda DA's.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm
  • Too bad this didn't happen in Washington, it takes a good dozen or so DUIs before we actually toss someone in jail on a conviction. :roll:
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information