Buy or Sell: Seahawks edition

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
A fun, simple game to do in the offseason

1. A prediction or statement of fact of something Seahawks related is given
2. You say whether you Buy or Sell that statement and give a short (or long) reason why
3. Make a new prediction for the next poster to answer...and so on

Feel free to answer old post, but you can't make a new buy/sell prediction.

Edit to add: do your best to keep only one buy/sell prediction going to keep things in order.

Buy or Sell: The Seahawks will have the #1 scoring defense of the 2013 season (fewest points allowed)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll sell it. They will give up some touchdowns in garbage time when protecting huge leads that will take them out of it.

Buy or sell:

Russell Wilson will be in the top 3 for NFL MVP voting.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2ux5v7il said:
Buy or Sell: The Seahawks will have the #1 scoring defense of the 2013 season (fewest points allowed)

Sell. We did it last year, and it's incredibly difficult to do it two years in a row. During the Steelers' dominant defensive stretch - since, you know, about 1972 - they've only done it once.

Buy or Sell: The Seahawks will have a 1000 yard rusher in 2013.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":k4mhiriy said:
I'll sell it. They will give up some touchdowns in garbage time when protecting huge leads that will take them out of it.

Buy or sell:

Sell. A balanced offensive attack will keep Wilson from putting up the stats voters look at.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":vxou4m8h said:
Buy or sell:

Buying. I think his stats will be more efficient than overwhelming and everyone is in love with passing stats and he'll be passed over though.

Buy or sell:

Seahawks D accumulates 45+ sacks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1nb0js70 said:
Buy or sell:

Buy. Last year they had 36 and it was considered a weakness. This year I expect it to be a strength so to get just 9 more shouldnt be a problem.

Buy or sell:

Percy Harvin will lead the team in Touchdowns scored.

NoChops

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34n0k3jo said:

Sell. You know AP and Peyton will lock up two spots if they don't get hurt. It could happen but there will be a lot of guys fighting for that third spot, and East Coast bias.

Buy or Sell. Bruce Irvin leads the team in sacks this year?

razgriz737

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2jqnena0 said:
Buy or sell:

Buy. Dude's gonna ball out.

Buy or sell:
The Seahawks will go undefeated within the division.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3q0r9bej said:
Buy or sell:

Sell. Percy's most dangerous in space. I don't see him getting short field TDs over big and quick TE/WRs and power running backs. He'll get us the short field, then RW will look to other options.

Buy or sell:

Clemons starts week 1 with a pair of sacks, AP style.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1po5tkc9 said:
Lady Talon":1po5tkc9 said:
Buy or sell:

Buy. Last year they had 36 and it was considered a weakness. This year I expect it to be a strength so to get just 9 more shouldnt be a problem.

Buy or sell:

Sell. The mere presence of Harvin is going to open up the game for someone, and my first guess is going to be Rice. Miller is the darkhorse in this category. I also don't think redzone target is necessarily his game. His TDs will come on game-breaking plays and broken tackle plays in the redzone that start at or near the line of scrimmage.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sell...Wilson has a sophomore slump

Buy... we kick the niners asses twice during the regular season, then absolutely bury them for good in the playoffs.

Sell...BFS actually gets over the fact I won $16,000 on a bet last year. (See new car and vacation to Japan).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":1y60them said:

Buy... we kick the niners asses twice during the regular season, then absolutely bury them for good in the playoffs.

Sell...BFS actually gets over the fact I won $16,000 on a bet last year. (See new car and vacation to Japan).

I dont think you understand how this works.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2557vtki said:
Buy or sell:

Clemons starts week 1 with a pair of sacks, AP style.

Sell, I have serious doubts that he will be able to get back to enough strength by week one to make the coaching staff feel comfortable with him playing. There is enough depth on this team

Buy or Sell:

Russell Wilson will have more rushing touchdowns than any other quarterback in the NFL.

Sac

Reaction score
JSeahawks":qu7dlj5q said:
Largent80":qu7dlj5q said:

I dont think you understand how this works.

Buy. Rob indeed does not know how this works.

Buy or sell: RW will throw for more TDs and fewer INTs than he did last year.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":9n4ykkia said:
Buy or Sell:

Russell Wilson will have more rushing touchdowns than any other quarterback in the NFL.

Sell, RW by admission loves to pass out of the read-option and would rather put the ball into the hands of playmakers then run it himself.

Buy or Sell:

By the end of 2014 RW is still undefeated at the Clink in both regular season and playoff games.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2yfrhue4 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2yfrhue4 said:
Buy or Sell:

Sell, RW by admission loves to pass out of the read-option and would rather put the ball into the hands of playmakers then run it himself.

Buy or Sell:

By the end of 2014 RW is still undefeated at the Clink in both regular season and playoff games.

Buy: RW is unstoppable at home, and even if he has a hiccup here and there, our defense plays lights out at home.

Buy or Sell: Earl Thomas will have 5 or more interceptions next year.

Gifted1

Reaction score
Buy - Earl Thomas will be the primary coverage safety as Kam will also be used for run stoppage.

Buy or Sell - the Legion of Boom (Browner, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor) will have an injury free season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Gifted1":m0plooca said:
Buy - Earl Thomas will be the primary coverage safety as Kam will also be used for run stoppage.

Buy or Sell - the Legion of Boom (Browner, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor) will have an injury free season.

Sell. It's hard to go two straight seasons without an injury.

Buy or Sell:

We will go at least 5-1 in the NFC West.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":26kvu89p said:
Gifted1":26kvu89p said:

Sell. It's hard to go two straight seasons without an injury.

Buy or Sell:

We will go at least 5-1 in the NFC West.

Buy. A loss to either SF or SL may happen, but I doubt both in one season, and none to AZ this year.

Buy or sell: Christine Michael has more all-purpose yards than Marshawn this year.