Tharold Simon's arreest story

Hawknballs

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-arrest/

I pretty much buy what he's selling. No offense to any cops or friends/family of cops, but I'm a middle aged white dude living in suburbia and even I've found that at least 50% of the time when I've had to deal with police officers there is just some over-eager confrontational/authoritarian trip they are on where it's like they almost want to escalate things, or at least give you the impression that they are somehow superior. I imagine in a small southern town its probably worse in a lot of circumstances.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yup, nothing in his story would lead me to believe he's lying.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
All of the current Seahawks are innocent until proven guilty. And even then, it's a conspiracy.

Seriously, though, it'd be good if someone had some tape of what really happened there.

Axx

Reaction score
Cops just over reacting. Nothing new....

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
"Eunice Mayor Rusty Moody had planned to proclaim Friday "Tharold Simon Day" and throw a draft party at 6 p.m. at the Southwest Community Center in Eunice, but Simon's family on Friday called the mayor's office and had the event and the declaration canceled."

Mayor Rusty Moody.

Only in the South.

Almost as good as officer Richard "Dick" Bonesteel, who is apparently an actual seattle police officer.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":mgckirll said:
"Eunice Mayor Rusty Moody had planned to proclaim Friday "Tharold Simon Day" and throw a draft party at 6 p.m. at the Southwest Community Center in Eunice, but Simon's family on Friday called the mayor's office and had the event and the declaration canceled."

Mayor Rusty Moody.

Only in the South.

Almost as good as officer Richard "Dick" Bonesteel, who is apparently an actual seattle police officer.

Almost as good as Officer Richard Head, who was a real officer in my area.

Basis4day

Reaction score
His story doesn't paint a very flattering image, which makes me believe it's true. Could care less about it. Like Irvin and the delivery van sign.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I don't have a hard time believing Simon's story.

The most overtly racist person I have ever had the mispleasure of existing around became a policeman in South Auckland, an area of New Zealand that is largely poor and Polynesian. Reading this story immediately brought this acquaintance to mind and I can all too easilg picture him being a blowhard tough-guy cop like the officer in this story.

While most police officers are probably honorable civic-minded citizens there are definitely some bullies and thugs who are attracted to the profession by the power over others that it provides.

Simon could be lying, but I have my doubts.

bellingerga

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1utif2jx said:
Hawknballs":1utif2jx said:

Mayor Rusty Moody.

Only in the South.

Almost as good as Officer Richard Head, who was a real officer in my area.

almost as good as (Richard) Dick Shaft who was a former nfl player...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
His story sounds fishy to me.

My guess is he acted like he owned the town and the cop wanted to take him down down a notch.

Both are probably guilty of how the situation ended... that said, he's a cocky kid... what's new.