Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: QB asks Wilson for advice
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Mike Glennon, a rookie QB for the Bucs, was a teammate of Wilson's at NC State. Now that he's in the NFL he has reached out to ask Wilson for advice on how to succeed in the NFL.

I found it pretty hilarious that Wilson even gives canned answers to fellow players.

Quote:
"I just wanted to pick (Wilson's) mind before I got (to Tampa) and hear how he handled things," Glennon said of a recent conversation with the Seattle Seahawks starter. "He's a man on a mission, and you can hear it in the way he talks. He just kind of told me to take it one day at a time and try to get better each and every day. Don't worry about the long run. If you just get better each and every day, eventually good things will happen. I think that was great advice."

Sounds like Wilson was giving an NFL Network interview. Still, pretty cool story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166595/article/mike-glennon-asks-russell-wilson-for-advice-on-nfl

Post subject: Re: QB asks Wilson for advice
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 pm 
NET Veteran

"Hey dude I know you had to leave town because coach preferred me for two years over you much better supreme talent and justified it with me being in the trenches with the guys while you were playing baseball but can you give me some advice"

"Yeah next time tell coach you think the best player should start at QB as that is better for the team and you are happy sitting on the bench one more year"

that is how that conversation should have gone

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

mikeak wrote:
"Hey dude I know you had to leave town because coach preferred me for two years over you much better supreme talent and justified it with me being in the trenches with the guys while you were playing baseball but can you give me some advice"

"Yeah next time tell coach you think the best player should start at QB as that is better for the team and you are happy sitting on the bench one more year"

that is how that conversation should have gone

That would mean Glennen wouldnt have started one college game in his career. Do you think that would have been a good or bad career move for him? Also, what makes you think it was his decision to make?

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm 
NET Veteran

When I read the thread title, I was 100% sure that QB wasn't going to be Geno Smith.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran

Canned answer or not, cool of Wilson to keep in touch with Glennon after that situation at NC State went down. Supports my theory that the whole thing wasn't as devious as some wanted to portray it.

Also, Wilson truly lives the cliches, so I have no problem with his advise to Glennon.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't really see an issue with wilson's token/canned answers because so far he's not BSing anyone he's just telling the truth even if it's cliche.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:41 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

I can't wait for the day RW grows a goatee and starts acting like Charles Barkley.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawknballs wrote:
I don't really see an issue with wilson's token/canned answers because so far he's not BSing anyone he's just telling the truth even if it's cliche.

You're exactly right, because there's a huge difference in the skillsets between those two QB's.
All RW could tell him is exactly what he could do to get better, and let the other things take care of themselves.
Only one more bit of info that Wilson could have offered?, to study the hell out of all the game films he can get his hands on, and then study the hell out of every player in every position, BOTH sides of the ball.
Correlate your cerebral with your athleticism.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:18 pm 
NET Veteran

anyone realize that RW isn't making up these answers to sound smart .... it's how he lives... every day from every indication. I think it's great. And it's something most of us don't get because we're just not that focused about anything.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran

I love how people knock Russell for saying a lot of cliches as if thats a bad thing. Theres a reason cliches were created; they're usually good advice that people have been following for many years.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:37 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

I'm not really knocking Wilson, I just thought it was funny that the stuff he told a fellow player in a private phone call was the same stuff he would say in a national interview.

I guess it is probably a good thing because it shows he is not two-faced and is the same no matter who he is talking to. And yeah, he definitely walks the talk.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I love RW because he lives by The Golden Rule....Do unto others as you would want done unto you.

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:35 am 
NET Practice Squad

Bigpumpkin wrote:
I love RW because he lives by The Golden Rule....Do unto others as you would want done unto you.

Yeah. The Golden Tate rule

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:29 am 
NET Veteran

HawkFan72 wrote:
I'm not really knocking Wilson, I just thought it was funny that the stuff he told a fellow player in a private phone call was the same stuff he would say in a national interview.

I guess it is probably a good thing because it shows he is not two-faced and is the same no matter who he is talking to. And yeah, he definitely walks the talk.

Gee, Glennon couldn't have been paraphrasing. Naw, couldn't be.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]