Post-Draft Power Rankings

NinerBuff

Reaction score
I think those projections are fair. I think overall, there are about 5 elite teams...

49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Patriots, and Falcons

with several other teams that could easily rebound...

Packers, Giants, and Texans

Hawknballs

Reaction score
IMO 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos could all be interchangeable at #1.

I don't include the patriots and falcons in that mix because they just don't scare me and I wouldn't favor them in any games with those top 3 teams on either teams home turf. The patriots will have to prove they can keep their TE"s healthy enough to compensate for NE's lack of weapons and mediocre defense; Tom Brady will be 36 to start the year.

The Falcons IMO have too many questions on defense and the addition of an older Steven Jackson doesn't really do much for me. They are a top 5 team for sure but not top 3.

NFC-not-so-Worst.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Cool, as long as this doesn’t get to the players’ heads. They play better with a chip on their shoulders.

DJrmb

Reaction score
We're only ranked #1? wtf! No Respect!!!

:mrgreen:

60niners

Reaction score
Hawknballs":30bfh9zd said:

I don't include the patriots and falcons in that mix because they just don't scare me and I wouldn't favor them in any games with those top 3 teams on either teams home turf. The patriots will have to prove they can keep their TE"s healthy enough to compensate for NE's lack of weapons and mediocre defense; Tom Brady will be 36 to start the year.

The Falcons IMO have too many questions on defense and the addition of an older Steven Jackson doesn't really do much for me. They are a top 5 team for sure but not top 3.

NFC-not-so-Worst.
The major problem with the Falcons, in my opinion, is that they're a superior team at home, but if they had played Seattle in that divisional round game in Seattle, they would have lost.

Patriots, I believe, CAN win playoff games on the road.

Seattle put up a quality road win in Washington, and almost pulled off a stunner in Atlanta. I think the mark of a really good team is being able to play as well on the road as you do at home.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
60niners":30yp2fyf said:
Hawknballs":30yp2fyf said:

NFC-not-so-Worst.
The major problem with the Falcons, in my opinion, is that they're a superior team at home, but if they had played Seattle in that divisional round game in Seattle, they would have lost.

Patriots, I believe, CAN win playoff games on the road.

Seattle put up a quality road win in Washington, and almost pulled off a stunner in Atlanta. I think the mark of a really good team is being able to play as well on the road as you do at home.
Sums it up pretty nicely I think.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Count me in the group that thinks the Broncos are very overrated and benefit greatly from a bad division. Patriots have also benefited from a weak division for years. I also think the loss of Dumervil is bigger than most think as now Miller is going to get double teamed all day.

I think that the 49ers and the Seahawks are in their own league. Two best defenses and Top 5 offenses. Packers, Broncos and Patriots are next but each are lacking some aspect of their overall game.

xtm059

Reaction score
I think the niners are a little better than the Seahawks right now, but I'm just an armchair analyst, not an expert. We'll see pretty early on in the season which team has done more to prepare in the offseason.