John Idzik and Gus Bradley

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Every successful team suffers the loss of personnel due to other teams wanting to have the people that orchastrated that success, with that being said how much effect does losing John Idzik and Gus Bradley have on the future of the seahawks.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Welcome to .Net!

The loss of Idzik is negligible. He was our cap guy, easily replaced. He is now in his first GM gig.

Time will tell with Bradley, but I think Quinn is going to be a very good D coordinator...and more aggressive.

Atradees

Reaction score
Good a fresh topic! Ruston Webber used to be scout with us and now is in the FO of the Titans.
He was liked around here. Looks like his seat is warming in Tennessee.

Loads of activity in the off season with the DL now that Quinn has replaced Bradley.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
we must expect those two teams to be interested in any future free agents , a little off topic but I have a funny feeling that one day Sherman will be a Jet.

amill87

Reaction score
Personally, I like they got those jobs. Somewhere in the back of my head I'll be rooting for them both.

I hope that we get more guys leaving for head positions, it means we are doing something right and as long as we got JS/PC, it wont matter

kigenzun

Reaction score
I thought Idzik made the best of an uncomfortable Revis situation, let it go and moved on with the Jets best draft in years, and will release Sanchez next. All good decisions IMO.

Gus Bradley did learn something from JSPC while he was here. First take the franchise's new left tackle in Luke Joeckel, and then pick up the new safety in Cyprien to solidify the defense. That definitely parallels our first draft of Okung & Earl Thomas.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Idzik is not in charge of everything in NY, the first two picks bear all the fingerprints of Ryan. I do expect a raid of the Hawks next year for a coach if Ryan gets canned.

If they can get the right players, Gus stands an excellent chance of success. Was it coincidence that in our first draft we went Tackle Safety early in the draft, and JAX went Tackle Safety early in their draft, or is it proof of Bradley actually having some say in following Pete's model?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":3oi1r62v said:
Every successful team suffers the loss of personnel due to other teams wanting to have the people that orchastrated that success, with that being said how much effect does losing John Idzik and Gus Bradley have on the future of the seahawks.

I think there won't be as much impact from them leaving the Seahawks as there will be from them bringing our philosophies with them to the Jets and Jags. We're the "hot" team right now, and there will be plenty of people trying to copy what we're doing - including Idzik and Bradley, who have at least a little insight as to HOW we do it.

I think the days of us managing to find gems that no one else valued in the middle to late rounds and in FA are going to disappear sooner rather than later.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I found it interesting that none of the talking heads pointed out the obvious similarity between Schneider and Idzik in that both had two top 15 picks in their first draft's as GM. Who knows, maybe Milliner and Richardson end up their Thomas and Okung? I feel like Idzik will do a great job with the Jets once he gets to send Ryan and Sanchez packing after their dismal season. I liked what they did with their draft and think it's a solid foundation for a rebuild, even if Geno doesn't pan out.

As for Bradley, I don't think it's a coincidence that they went LT and Safety with their first two picks much like the Hawks did when PC/JS arrived. Gus has seen the greatest rebuild of all-time go down right in front of his eyes, I'm sure he was taking notes.

Now, whether or not both of these guys can put what they learned into practice is another thing. However, I think both will do a great job, as will mostly anyone who moves on from Seattle. This organization is just loaded with quality players, people, coaches, FO guys... when they move on, I feel they will succeed.

A

Anonymous

Those guys left for opportunities which presented themselves based on results produced by team efforts. The leader always gains when the group produces. Behind every successful business person is a finely-tuned staff that actually touches the buttons. The "button-pushers" are the ones that benefit from the guidance and organization of the leader.

The question we should be asking ourselves is, did they take their go-to staff with them?

Basis4day

Reaction score
NYCoug":1j7hfsfr said:
I found it interesting that none of the talking heads pointed out the obvious similarity between Schneider and Idzik in that both had two top 15 picks in their first draft's as GM. Who knows, maybe Milliner and Richardson end up their Thomas and Okung? I feel like Idzik will do a great job with the Jets once he gets to send Ryan and Sanchez packing after their dismal season. I liked what they did with their draft and think it's a solid foundation for a rebuild, even if Geno doesn't pan out.

As for Bradley, I don't think it's a coincidence that they went LT and Safety with their first two picks much like the Hawks did when PC/JS arrived. Gus has seen the greatest rebuild of all-time go down right in front of his eyes, I'm sure he was taking notes.

They didn't make the connection with Jets, did not go unnoticed regarding the Jags on NFLN.

mikeak

Reaction score
NYCoug":3ud89yfp said:
I found it interesting that none of the talking heads pointed out the obvious similarity between Schneider and Idzik in that both had two top 15 picks in their first draft's as GM. .

You are just imagining things. Here is an example of where things are COMPLETELY different

The Jets have come out and stated that they will have an competition for the starting qb spot and all five "qb's" on the roster with an opportunity to win the starting job.

See - completely different :D