TEN SEMI-BOLD STATEMENTS OF All THING SEAHAWKS

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

    I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.


    Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.


    The end zone is only ten yards deep.
    Image
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

    Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6702
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:If Hauschka makes a 55+ yard field goal next season I will take everyone out to the Sizzler.


    Image
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11433
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • I'll take those, hope they happen.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11190
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • On Hauschka, you never know, the kid is steady enough, he just needs to add more power in his leg. At 6'4, 210 pounds he has the body time to become much stronger. At 27 years old, as a kicker he has yet to reach his prime.

    I'm also sure Hauschka isn't oblivious to what is being said by him, by the fans, by the media, by the coaches, and if he takes it to heart, and improves himself, and competes with whomever the Seahawks throw his way, Wiggs and the guy from Portland State... I could see an improved Steven Hauschka able to kick within the 50-55 yard range.

    But then again, he might not even make the team.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2004
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


  • I think we'll have a balanced attack. Nothing other than the FG looks too iffy really. I was going to say that it's hard for Russ to get 3500 yards but no one goes over 800 but here goes:

    Rice 800
    Harvin 800
    Tate 800
    Miller 600
    Baldwin 300
    Lynch 250
    Turbin 200

    Just right there that's 3750 and I think it's doable. It's also doable while our offense grinds out 2k in rushing or more. If we keep our defense fresh, I think they're going to keep the offense on the field a lot this year.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3738
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

    I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.


    Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.


    According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.
    User avatar
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm


  • SDHawk wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

    I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.


    Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.


    According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.


    I was thinking him and Harvin actually. However, I think this offense will be fired up and the receivers will feed off each other like Mike Rob and Lynch. This will lead to a true 1000 yard receiver, in my humble, homerish opinion.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2492
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • Somebody will average 62.5 yards a game.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10374
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Somebody will average 62.5 yards a game.


    Hopefully more than one will.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2492
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • These are great goals, and indicative of what it would likely require to win the Championship.

    I'll make a prediction, along the lines of what some of you have already said, regarding distribution of touches:

    The 2013 Seahawks will be the first to feature...

    4 players with 500+ yards rushing ... and
    5 players with 500+ yards receiving ... and
    7 players with 5+ TD (rushing or receiving)
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1561
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


  • I'm greedy. I want three 1,000-yard receivers this year.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26418
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • My bold predictions are

    9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

    Both Turbin and Michael will rush for 500 yards. (Turbin had 354 in 2012)
    For the team the Seahawks will break 3,000 yards rushing. ( Team ran for a combined 2579 yards in 2012)

    Harper will catch more than 25 balls this year as the #5 WR. ( 4th leading WR in 2012 had just 8 catches)

    We'll have 2 WR's with 10 or more Total TD's in 2013. (Sidney Rice and Golden Tate had 7 a piece)

    Wilson throws for 4,000 (250 yard average) yards and 30 TD's.

    Ryan Seymore will pull off the upset over Sweezy and Moffitt and start at RG.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2427
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • jlwaters1 wrote:My bold predictions are

    9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

    They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11433
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • CANHawk wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:My bold predictions are

    9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

    They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.


    whoops :shock: I'm excited for both DT's. Hopefully Howard can progress enough where either McDonald and/McDaniel are expendable. preferably both. :D
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2427
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • As long as you're right about number 10, I'll be very happy.
    User avatar
    garrylt4
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 115
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm




It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online