TEN SEMI-BOLD STATEMENTS OF All THING SEAHAWKS

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • 1) Russell Wilson will be NFC’s Offensive Player of the Year throwing for only around 3,500 yards but for 35+ TDs less than 5 interceptions and with over 300 yards rushing.
    2) Seahawks will have the No. 1 Rushing Offense in the NFL (not just NFC)
    3) No Seahawks receiver will have more than 800 yards receiving
    4) But at least 5 of them will have 5 or more TDs catches
    5) Seahawks will start the same O-line more than 12 times
    6) Seahawks will not only lead the league in Scoring Defense, but Total Defense
    7) Seahawks will be in the Top 5 in NFL for Sacks
    8) Hauschka will make a FG over 55 yards
    9) Seahawks will send the most players to the Pro Bowl
    10) But none of them will participate because they will be in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Pandion Haliaetus on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    #11 is the Gatling Gun, coming at Ds in multiple, unpredictable ways spreading the field horizontally.

#10 is the Sniper Rifle, if you don't respect his deep field speed opposing DBs will end up in a pink mist.

#24 is the Boomstick, get in his way when you're the lone defender, I dare you.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• I'm not buying number 8. But for the rest, i'm in.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Love it!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:I'm not buying number 8. But for the rest, i'm in.

Still chuckling...well done.

Alas, good list. I can't see Wilson throwing 35+ TD's - that's 2.2 per game.

But who knows.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Fabulous! Can't wait.
    Win Forever!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Younger - BETTER!!!!
    GOSeahawks
    NET Rookie

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'm not buying number 8. But for the rest, i'm in.

Still chuckling...well done.

Alas, good list. I can't see Wilson throwing 35+ TD's - that's 2.2 per game.

But who knows.

Its why its a bold statement but not completely far-fetched:

In Wilson's rookie season despite getting a third of the snaps in the off-season and not really being allowed to take full control of the offense until mid-season, he had 26 TDs. Would have easily been 30 if some receivers not named Rice or Tate knew how to hold onto the ball.

I also think the Seahawks will have one of the best offenses in the NFL with teams having to pass themselves to catch up, thus allowing our defense to pin its ears back and attack the QB leading to more sacks and turnover opportunities and likely better field advantage for Wilson and Co to capitalize on.
    #11 is the Gatling Gun, coming at Ds in multiple, unpredictable ways spreading the field horizontally.

#10 is the Sniper Rifle, if you don't respect his deep field speed opposing DBs will end up in a pink mist.

Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• I'd almost say those things aren't that bold because I think you are likely to get at least 75% of those right.

I'd say Hauska kicking 55+ and the Hawks in the SB woudl have the worst odds but still a good chance for both.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Wenhawk wrote:I'd almost say those things aren't that bold because I think you are likely to get at least 75% of those right.

I'd say Hauska kicking 55+ and the Hawks in the SB woudl have the worst odds but still a good chance for both.

Uhmm, title ... fixed. LOL.

Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

The other nine coming true will basically negate number even if he is our kicker. When would he ever get the opportunities to even try, lol.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Lol so this is basically last year on steroids.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

• I think we are going to sorely miss Clemons on downs 1 and 2 if he misses time. Our 3rd down pass rush could be interesting, though.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Only one I would disagree with is number three. It may take some doing, but I think that a thousand yard receiver could easily happen now. I believe Harvin will push the others to excel!

Great thread though!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Evil_Shenanigans wrote:Only one I would disagree with is number three. It may take some doing, but I think that a thousand yard receiver could easily happen now. I believe Harvin will push the others to excel!

Great thread though!

Agreed, adding Harvin changed the passing game for us. Even though Pete swears we will be a balanced offense I still see 2 of our receivers breaking 1000 yards this year.
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• I like it.

Make it so.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• Is Hauschka going to be back next season, didn't hear anything about that... he's solid inside 50, but outside, uggghh..

but hopefully we won't need him much...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I can't imagine there won't be some competition for Hauschka, or the threat of it, from Pete. 55+ yard field goal might happen. Well, an attempt, in any case...
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Agreed :49ersmall:
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.

Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• If Hauschka makes a 55+ yard field goal next season I will take everyone out to the Sizzler.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

The end zone is only ten yards deep.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:If Hauschka makes a 55+ yard field goal next season I will take everyone out to the Sizzler.

CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I'll take those, hope they happen.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• On Hauschka, you never know, the kid is steady enough, he just needs to add more power in his leg. At 6'4, 210 pounds he has the body time to become much stronger. At 27 years old, as a kicker he has yet to reach his prime.

I'm also sure Hauschka isn't oblivious to what is being said by him, by the fans, by the media, by the coaches, and if he takes it to heart, and improves himself, and competes with whomever the Seahawks throw his way, Wiggs and the guy from Portland State... I could see an improved Steven Hauschka able to kick within the 50-55 yard range.

But then again, he might not even make the team.

Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• I think we'll have a balanced attack. Nothing other than the FG looks too iffy really. I was going to say that it's hard for Russ to get 3500 yards but no one goes over 800 but here goes:

Rice 800
    Harvin 800
    Tate 800
    Miller 600
    Baldwin 300
    Lynch 250
    Turbin 200

Just right there that's 3750 and I think it's doable. It's also doable while our offense grinds out 2k in rushing or more. If we keep our defense fresh, I think they're going to keep the offense on the field a lot this year.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• SDHawk wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:

According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.

I was thinking him and Harvin actually. However, I think this offense will be fired up and the receivers will feed off each other like Mike Rob and Lynch. This will lead to a true 1000 yard receiver, in my humble, homerish opinion.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Somebody will average 62.5 yards a game.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:Somebody will average 62.5 yards a game.

Hopefully more than one will.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• These are great goals, and indicative of what it would likely require to win the Championship.

I'll make a prediction, along the lines of what some of you have already said, regarding distribution of touches:

The 2013 Seahawks will be the first to feature...

4 players with 500+ yards rushing ... and
    5 players with 500+ yards receiving ... and
    7 players with 5+ TD (rushing or receiving)
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I'm greedy. I want three 1,000-yard receivers this year.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• My bold predictions are

9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

Both Turbin and Michael will rush for 500 yards. (Turbin had 354 in 2012)
    For the team the Seahawks will break 3,000 yards rushing. ( Team ran for a combined 2579 yards in 2012)

Harper will catch more than 25 balls this year as the #5 WR. ( 4th leading WR in 2012 had just 8 catches)

We'll have 2 WR's with 10 or more Total TD's in 2013. (Sidney Rice and Golden Tate had 7 a piece)

Wilson throws for 4,000 (250 yard average) yards and 30 TD's.

Ryan Seymore will pull off the upset over Sweezy and Moffitt and start at RG.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:My bold predictions are

9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:My bold predictions are

They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.

whoops :shock: I'm excited for both DT's. Hopefully Howard can progress enough where either McDonald and/McDaniel are expendable. preferably both. :D
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• As long as you're right about number 10, I'll be very happy.
    garrylt4
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information