TEN SEMI-BOLD STATEMENTS OF All THING SEAHAWKS

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
1) Russell Wilson will be NFC’s Offensive Player of the Year throwing for only around 3,500 yards but for 35+ TDs less than 5 interceptions and with over 300 yards rushing.
2) Seahawks will have the No. 1 Rushing Offense in the NFL (not just NFC)
3) No Seahawks receiver will have more than 800 yards receiving
4) But at least 5 of them will have 5 or more TDs catches
5) Seahawks will start the same O-line more than 12 times
6) Seahawks will not only lead the league in Scoring Defense, but Total Defense
7) Seahawks will be in the Top 5 in NFL for Sacks
8) Hauschka will make a FG over 55 yards
9) Seahawks will send the most players to the Pro Bowl
10) But none of them will participate because they will be in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":getf6y22 said:
JSeahawks":getf6y22 said:
I'm not buying number 8. But for the rest, i'm in.

Still chuckling...well done.

Alas, good list. I can't see Wilson throwing 35+ TD's - that's 2.2 per game.

But who knows.

Its why its a bold statement but not completely far-fetched:

In Wilson's rookie season despite getting a third of the snaps in the off-season and not really being allowed to take full control of the offense until mid-season, he had 26 TDs. Would have easily been 30 if some receivers not named Rice or Tate knew how to hold onto the ball.

I also think the Seahawks will have one of the best offenses in the NFL with teams having to pass themselves to catch up, thus allowing our defense to pin its ears back and attack the QB leading to more sacks and turnover opportunities and likely better field advantage for Wilson and Co to capitalize on.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd almost say those things aren't that bold because I think you are likely to get at least 75% of those right.

I'd say Hauska kicking 55+ and the Hawks in the SB woudl have the worst odds but still a good chance for both.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wenhawk":m26ubfbz said:
I'd almost say those things aren't that bold because I think you are likely to get at least 75% of those right.

I'd say Hauska kicking 55+ and the Hawks in the SB woudl have the worst odds but still a good chance for both.

Uhmm, title ... fixed. LOL.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jijcd3d said:
I'm not buying number 8. But for the rest, i'm in.

The other nine coming true will basically negate number even if he is our kicker. When would he ever get the opportunities to even try, lol.

kearly

Reaction score
I think we are going to sorely miss Clemons on downs 1 and 2 if he misses time. Our 3rd down pass rush could be interesting, though.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Only one I would disagree with is number three. It may take some doing, but I think that a thousand yard receiver could easily happen now. I believe Harvin will push the others to excel!

Great thread though!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2tueq3vq said:
Only one I would disagree with is number three. It may take some doing, but I think that a thousand yard receiver could easily happen now. I believe Harvin will push the others to excel!

Great thread though!

Agreed, adding Harvin changed the passing game for us. Even though Pete swears we will be a balanced offense I still see 2 of our receivers breaking 1000 yards this year.

hawker84

Reaction score
Is Hauschka going to be back next season, didn't hear anything about that... he's solid inside 50, but outside, uggghh..

but hopefully we won't need him much...

CANHawk

Reaction score
I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't imagine there won't be some competition for Hauschka, or the threat of it, from Pete. 55+ yard field goal might happen. Well, an attempt, in any case...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":dvcvkbm0 said:
I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.

Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
If Hauschka makes a 55+ yard field goal next season I will take everyone out to the Sizzler.